Notices

Closed Thread

Old April 3rd, 2009, 12:57 AM   #1
CaliGirl
Curiosity is a Killer

Name: CG

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250

Exclamation FS: DaKine Mission Photo Backpack-$125

For all of the photogs out there....$125 shipped with paypal, or $115 for a local pickup.

I have a new DaKine Mission Photo Backpack. I bought it like 2 weeks ago, and as much as I love it, it's a little bigger than I had realized. So I bought another and this one needs a good home. Check out a in depth review here at POTN. More photos and info here at amazon. Mine is brand spanking new. It has never left the house. I loaded it up with my gear to see how it fits and then it went right back in the box. I missed the return date, so it's up for sale.

The photo shows it loaded with: 40D with 200mm f/2.8L MkII attached, 430EX, Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 hood reversed, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 hood reversed, Canon 85mm f/1.8, Hood for 200mm, rocketblower, battery charger, spare battery, CF card holder, CF card reader.....and in the outer pocket my macbook in an incase sleeve.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DaKine Mission Photo.jpg (172.1 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg DaKine 2.jpg (213.4 KB, 6 views)

Old April 3rd, 2009, 06:29 AM   #2
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250r (Fastest Color)

A carbon fiber card reader and holder...that means my d40x will take pictures 2fps faster woohoo! jkkk. Very interested...will pm by the end of the day unless someone else has jumped on it. When you say too big you mean...?

Old April 3rd, 2009, 11:53 AM   #3
CaliGirl
Curiosity is a Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Oorb View Post
A carbon fiber card reader and holder...that means my d40x will take pictures 2fps faster woohoo! jkkk. Very interested...will pm by the end of the day unless someone else has jumped on it. When you say too big you mean...?
LOL! Yes carbon fiber is amazing that way

Let me know if you need more pics or something. I have this for sale on a few other forums as well as locally. When I say big, I mean it's too much backpack for me. I rarely take all off my gear with me. I usually carry a Crumpler 6 MDH and thought a backpack would be good for hiking or taking the gear on a my Ninja. But I only need something for my camera and a lens or two. This bag is good for those who travel and want everything to be taken as a carry on bag. Or for those who snowboard with all their gear as it has straps to hold your board (which can also hold a tripod instead).

Old April 4th, 2009, 10:20 AM   #4
wyckedflesh
ninjette.org guru

Name: Mikel

Motorcycle(s): '09 Blue Kawasaki KLE650 Versys, '95 Ducati 900SS/CR (undergoing track conversion)

If I could find a good bag that would carry my Bronica I would be set!

Alas, my Kodak has a good bag already, otherwise I would be all over that.

Old April 6th, 2009, 08:37 PM   #5
CaliGirl
Curiosity is a Killer

Price DROP $115 shipped or $100 for local pickup!!

Old April 24th, 2009, 03:26 PM   #6
CaliGirl
Curiosity is a Killer

Bag sold.

Old April 30th, 2009, 04:24 PM   #7
Ollie
ninjette.org member

Name: Ollie

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja EX250, 1999 Concours ZG1000

Check out the Lowepro Slingshot series. I just bought the Slingshot 200 AW. I keep my Nikon D60 / 18-200 lens, My Sigma 50-150 2.8 lens (kinda big), Sigma 2X teleconverter, SB-800, SU-800, filters, hoods, batteries, charger, flash diffuser, and a bit of other misc. stuff (cleaning kit) in there, all perfectly fitted. The 100 AW is smaller, but might make a nice "walkaround" pack for you.

The beauty of the Slingshot is that you can unfasten the stabilizer strap, slide the bag around to the front, open it, take out your camera, and shoot -- all without having to do any more than that. The side of the bag opens, and there's your camera, ready to grab & shoot. Built-in Lens cover cloth.

There's a nice video on the Lowepro website that shows just how slick it is. I looked at the Tamrac sling bag also. I checked them both, hands-on, at the local camera shop. I didn't like the "unstructured" and nearly "shapeless" format of the Tamrac. I love my Tamrac System 6 shoulder bag, with it's nifty battery and memory management pockets, but the Lowepro Slingshot beats the Tamrac sling bag hands down, IMO.

my flickr™

Closed Thread