ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old August 15th, 2011, 09:45 PM   #41
Xoulrath
ninjette.org sage

Name: T

Motorcycle(s): Current: '11 ZX-6R; Previous: '09 Ninjette; '08 ZX-6R (Ex-Wife '09 TU250X)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut_EOD View Post
I am one of the few people that will not talk **** when I see someone on a 250. I am glad to see people starting out on a small bike and learning the right way. This will create more skilled and respectful riders down the road.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippii View Post
- People who own 250s are better riders than everyone else
- Males who own 250s have larger penises and less to prove than everyone else.
So I forgot how to ride and my penis shrunk from trading the 250 for the ZX?

No wonder my wife can keep up with me on the roads now. I thought she was just becoming a better rider. It would also explain her falling asleep and having more headaches. Hmm.

Old August 15th, 2011, 10:00 PM   #42
DarC
DUCEATR

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): RVT1000R

It's the same here, especially among the "mentors" in my group. I used to often bring the 250 on group rides rather than the RC. One it was more comfortable, two it got way better mileage. They wouldn't talk shop with me and spent their rest stops starring at their stocker liter bikes that they can only ride in a straight line.

I started on a 600 as I didn't know any better and thought I was a hot shot motocross rider. 15 years later I bought this 250 for my wife to learn on an I have enjoyed it more than any bike I've owned.

The guys who cry about 250's, IMO, are only in it for the fashion game. They are not true motorcyclists and are merely stuck on the numbers. It's a shame, they will probably never really appreciate riding as the rest of us do.

If I wasn't dead set on hauling a ton of crap & 2up cross country then I would definitely get another one and ride it till the wheels fell off. (looking for a sport tour/standard)
2001 SP1 RC51- #62 -Akrapovic Ti, PCIII, Colin Edward's first baby tooth, Honda Racing sticker, some Japanese doods best attempt at Engrish scribbled on my engine block, little touch of soul.
DarC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 15th, 2011, 10:29 PM   #43
almost40
ninjette.org Monkey Spank

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R Track-Bike Woodcraft clip-ons and rearsets FZ-6 track bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuongism View Post
Fixed for ya
I wouldnt call that a fix.
If you think thats better...........its all good.
To each his own, I wont judge ya.
almost40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 16th, 2011, 12:45 AM   #44
Francis
ninjette.org newbie 2,000

Name: Francis

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r

Yea. Most people ask if it's a 600. I tell em "naw.. 250. look at the rear tire."

Was recently asked that actually (2 days ago) by a new rider. 2 months. First bike = Hayabusa.

I stopped talking to him, but he started about how fast he got it with the guy I was riding with (we stopped to talk to him and his friend coz we thought they were in trouble/crash. turned out, the friend was working on his wheelies...).

Busa rider started talking about how he got it to 250+ or however fast it is, I don't know. He said he wish he could've gone faster but the computer or the machine itself prevented him from going faster.

That's paraphrase, but I could've sworn he threw the 300 kph somewhere in the sentences.

2 ****ing months, busa, and you're already talking about getting it 140+ kph. One ****ing forty kph, man... on public roads.
Francis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 16th, 2011, 01:02 AM   #45
bluesinorbit
ninjette.org member

Name: Joon

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R

I just tell them to suck my dick. It works every time.

"Did you take the training wheels off that 250 Ninja yet?"

"Suck my dick."

"Did you just t-suck my dick."

"Hey, f*** you!"

"Hey, suck my dick."

At this point, they either walk away or get frisky.

Works every time, I swear.
bluesinorbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 16th, 2011, 07:13 AM   #46
cwb48
Mature motorcyclist

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R, blue

I have a very good friend who likes motorcycles. He has had many bikes, mostly Harleys, disassembled in his garage or basement or in some state of disrepair over the years. About 12 years ago I had two bikes in my stable, the Kaw 305Gpz and a Honda FT-500, so I asked him if he would like to come up and enjoy a ride together, since he had no bike at the time. His answer- naw, I don't like to ride bikes smaller than a 500. Well, says I, one of them IS a 500. Still not interested, for some unknown reason.

Today the same person owns a BMW K100 that he picked up from a coworker for $1000. It's in his garage without tags, and it needs a new fairing, many electrical parts, a mirror, and who knows what else. He's going to have to put $3000 into this machine before it's ready to ride. By the way, he had it registered for a while, and actually rode it two times (he tells me this with some pride in his voice).

Ride your 250 and have a good time. Enjoy the cheap insurance, low maintenance costs and excellent gas mileage, and try to just forget what other people have to say about your choice. I for one think you made an excellent decision.

Chris
cwb48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 16th, 2011, 09:52 AM   #47
james250ninja
james250ninjette.newbie

Name: james

Motorcycle(s): 1986 ninja 250

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb48 View Post
I have a very good friend who likes motorcycles. He has had many bikes, mostly Harleys, disassembled in his garage or basement or in some state of disrepair over the years. About 12 years ago I had two bikes in my stable, the Kaw 305Gpz and a Honda FT-500, so I asked him if he would like to come up and enjoy a ride together, since he had no bike at the time. His answer- naw, I don't like to ride bikes smaller than a 500. Well, says I, one of them IS a 500. Still not interested, for some unknown reason.

Today the same person owns a BMW K100 that he picked up from a coworker for $1000. It's in his garage without tags, and it needs a new fairing, many electrical parts, a mirror, and who knows what else. He's going to have to put $3000 into this machine before it's ready to ride. By the way, he had it registered for a while, and actually rode it two times (he tells me this with some pride in his voice).

Ride your 250 and have a good time. Enjoy the cheap insurance, low maintenance costs and excellent gas mileage, and try to just forget what other people have to say about your choice. I for one think you made an excellent decision.

Chris
i will chris thanks for uplift...love my 250
james250ninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 16th, 2011, 02:08 PM   #48
Sailariel
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

I have been riding since 1958 and am almost 70 years old. You are not going to find a bike that is more fun and more nimble than a 250 Ninja. I will be getting a Green 2012. My back injury is healing well and I am currently riding a Honda NT-700V. I plan on keeping the bike for long tours. The Ninja will be my every day bike.

There is no need to ever justify a Ninja. A Ninja IS.--period.

Old August 16th, 2011, 06:19 PM   #49
GeorgiaHooligan
ninjette.org guru

Name: Aaron

Quote:
Im getting dizzy cause of all the gayness in here.
Word.
GeorgiaHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 16th, 2011, 06:46 PM   #50
ninjaprof
ninjette.org member

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300SE

I ride my little red 2010 Ninja with ATGATT. Other people can think what they want. I'm not interested and I don't care. I love riding this bike...more than any other ! That's one of the great things about growing old... you become very comfortable with who and what you are. I'm 54 and I'm a devoted Ninja 250 rider.
ninjaprof is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 17th, 2011, 02:46 AM   #51
n4mwd
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjaprof View Post
I ride my little red 2010 Ninja with ATGATT. Other people can think what they want. I'm not interested and I don't care. I love riding this bike...more than any other ! That's one of the great things about growing old... you become very comfortable with who and what you are. I'm 54 and I'm a devoted Ninja 250 rider.
What they say and what they think are frequently two different things. They say "When are you going to get a real bike?" but they think "Man he looks cool on that thing. I wish I had the balls to ride one".

Old August 18th, 2011, 08:37 PM   #52
ae86
AE86

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250

How's your chicken scratch? Half an inch here!
ae86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 1st, 2011, 04:16 PM   #53
Gulf1
ninjette.org member

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

It really is an American thing though. Bigger, bigger, bigger. Most other countries are highly populated with small displacement vehicles that rival their American exports, sometimes even exceed them. It's ego here. I find it much more challanging to build performance in smaller motors and uncommon vehicles. I think it shows more ingenuity and therefore(should demand) more respect. That's why i built this bike in the first place.

Old September 2nd, 2011, 01:29 AM   #54
dark_sparkles
ninjette.org member

Name: Sabrina

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honko View Post
I think the bigger is better mentality is mostly an American phenomenon, I could be wrong though obviously since I've never lived anywhere else.
That mentality is definitely the same here in Melbourne, Australia.

The guys that I work with give me looks of sympathy and tell me they feel bad for me because I'll be bored within 3 months once I learn how to ride and will regret getting the 250. It's got to the point where I'm sick of it and just want to kick them, but I know they're just trying to be nice...
dark_sparkles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 2nd, 2011, 07:30 AM   #55
LoneRonin
ninjette.org sage

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis View Post
2 ****ing months, busa, and you're already talking about getting it 140+ kph. One ****ing forty kph, man... on public roads.
Come on...I'm ripping it at 160 on the 250 all the time...That Busa does 140 in first....buddy is probably just afraid to shift into 2nd and unleash the beast.
LoneRonin is offline   Reply With Quote