ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Pictures

Old March 14th, 2012, 03:41 PM   #1
ninjamama7
ninjette.org member

Name: dawn

Motorcycle(s): 02 ninja 250r

My Baby...

Just finished repainting and making my bike look like new. There's still a few things I want to do to it, but since I just started my new job (and money is still a little tight), the rest will have to wait a little while.
My hubs put a new paint job on my baby...along with painting the rims. The pic doesnt show it really well, but it's a 2011 Honda color - "Brilliant Sky" with a violet pearl on it. The wheels are a Honda silver with voilet pearl.

Got surprised when we went to strip the old tank down, and found out someone had creamed the tank...and the cream layer was coming out...A LOT. So just purchased a new (used) tank from eBay. Then I recovered the original seat with new marine grade vinyl (OMG that was a PAIN!).

Anyways...here's my baby...

Last futzed with by ninjamama7; March 14th, 2012 at 03:58 PM. Reason: adding pics
ninjamama7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 14th, 2012, 04:35 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 14th, 2012, 05:08 PM   #3
Z-Trob
ninjette.org member

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): 99 250, 06 Speed Triple, 2009 husky 510SMR

nice color, looks like it could be a stock paint job.
the seat looks good and clean as well.

and a ninja 500 rear rim too

Old March 14th, 2012, 05:46 PM   #4
ninjamama7
ninjette.org member

LOL...AHHH...okay that explains the two different rims. LOL...came with the bike. They were two different colors too...ugh! So I had to paint them to match. I figured if they were different styles, at least they could be the same color! Thanks for the paint job complements. It was a job in itself for sure. We had planned on a day that was sunny and warmer (65 degrees), but as Murphy's Law would have it, it was more like 45 degrees and slightly drizzling. We borrowed a friends diesel heater and cleaned the garage out the best we could and dropped the door 3/4 of the way down on top of a couple of fans. Wired up all the parts to the garage door rails and opener runners...lol...heated the garage up and went for it. There are a couple of places I will be wet sanding and buffing when the paint cures some more, but for now it's fine. The clear laid so nice an flat...the hubs was proud. He's painted in a garage before, but he doesn't like to if at all possible.

I picked the paint color to match my Icon helmet. It's pink and blue...but I didn't want any pink on the bike. I want to be able to sell it when the time comes and figured if it were TOO girly it would make it harder. And that seat was a B**ch to recover. Took me, the hubs a hairdryer and an hour and a half to do. Next time...I will pick out a thinner marine grade vinyl...lol.

Old March 22nd, 2012, 02:33 PM   #5
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Your baby looks great!

What's this marine grade vinyl you mentioned? Some kind of material? I've heard of vinyl designs that people stick to their body work on cars and motorcycles, but havne't heard the term used the way you used it. Curious!
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 22nd, 2012, 03:22 PM   #6
250rr
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): Cheap Italian Suit. Otherwise known as Dew Kitty

That looks fantastic. Nice work!
250rr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 22nd, 2012, 04:02 PM   #7
ninjamama7
ninjette.org member

Thanks ya'll... I'm still waiting for my gas cap to come back from the locksmith's...they are taking forever! But I want my cap to lock and we painted it to match the bike.

@ Akima - Marine grade vinyl is the fabric on the seat. I got marine grade so that it won't mildew in the weather. I do have a vinyl cutter though, one that makes decals as well.

Now if I can only get it to run good again...*sigh* It never fails, we take something apart, and all of a sudden...it doesn't want to run.