ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Items Wanted

Old March 27th, 2012, 01:54 PM   #1
THE BIG SITT
ninjette.org sage

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

WTB: 08 Blue Front/Upper Fairing

I messed mine up pretty good. I need one that will mount right up. If its scratched up a little thats fine.
THE BIG SITT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 28th, 2012, 03:10 AM   #2
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BIG SITT View Post
I messed mine up pretty good. I need one that will mount right up. If its scratched up a little thats fine.
I might have it for you. Lemme dig a bit.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 28th, 2012, 06:22 AM   #3
THE BIG SITT
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
I might have it for you. Lemme dig a bit.
*Fingers crossed, holding breath, even does the Sign of the Cross (even though I'm not Catholic)*

Old April 7th, 2012, 03:03 AM   #4
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
*Fingers crossed, holding breath, even does the Sign of the Cross (even though I'm not Catholic)*
Communicated, pictures exchanged, payment received, item shipped, item delivered. Happy?

Old April 7th, 2012, 06:46 AM   #5
THE BIG SITT
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
Communicated, pictures exchanged, payment received, item shipped, item delivered. Happy?
Very! It'll look great when I get my bike from the shop!

Old April 7th, 2012, 04:51 PM   #6
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Can't wait to see it. If I knew you needed more wellnuts for the rest of the bike I would have sent more than those four but I only sent those on a hunch that you might need them. FWIW, buying the fairing bolt/windscreen pack at Cycle Gear is cheaper than buying replacement rubber wellnuts from the dealer... plus you get colored bolts.

http://www.cyclegear.com/eng/product...kit/web1006882

Keep in mind that the lower two windscreen bolts are slightly longer than the other windscreen and fairing bolts and, thus, it's hard to get these to "catch" on those two wellnuts without reaching under the fairing and helping with a bit of pushing.

Old April 7th, 2012, 05:06 PM   #7
THE BIG SITT
ninjette.org sage

You the man! Yeah I'm actually gonna end up getting a whole bolt kit to replace the ones I've lost while working (I'm unorganized) and I'll just install that when I get the hike back. Any idea if that will come with well nuts?

Old April 7th, 2012, 05:38 PM   #8
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
You the man! Yeah I'm actually gonna end up getting a whole bolt kit to replace the ones I've lost while working (I'm unorganized) and I'll just install that when I get the hike back. Any idea if that will come with well nuts?
I'm really not sure but there is an eBay listing of 10 for $10 shipped if they don't. The colored bolt kit only replaces the small bolts on the tail, windscreen, upper fairing holes that go through the side fairings, and the side fairing holes by the gas tank. You can salvage two black Phillips #3 side cover bolts from under the battery box. I'm not sure, but I think the bolts holding on the left passenger peg may work for the side fairings, assuming you have a cowl and/or don't need it for carrying a passenger.