ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

View Poll Results: How often do you play hooky for a day off work?
Never - I work everyday and only call in when sick. 17 62.96%
1-2 times per year 6 22.22%
3-5 times per year 2 7.41%
Once a month on average 1 3.70%
I'm sick more than I work 1 3.70%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 14th, 2011, 03:35 PM   #1
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
How often do you play hooky from work?

The poll is specifically referring to times you literally play hooky...you call in sick when you're not really sick at all.
I'd also like to know what kind of leave you all have at your job too and how much you use. My job as a teacher gives me 8 hours of sick leave every month. We don't get annual leave since we get summers, but from our sick bank we get 3 personal days a school year.
I used to never miss work. The past couple of years, it's easier for me to call in, so I do so more frequently. I try not to make a habit of it. Today was an exception!

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 14th, 2011, 03:47 PM   #2
Blackwidow
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Paulette

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

i'm in sales and am salary...so i tend to "work from home" but really am not working at least once a week. lol

but i hardly ever actually put in sick time. cuz i can "work from home"

Old November 14th, 2011, 03:50 PM   #3
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Where I work we have a point system, late 15 mins 1/4 point, late 15min-120min 1/2 point, late 120min - miss whole day 1 point. If we get 4 points in 6 months then we are put on disciplinary action, 7 points in 1 year = fired

So I try to go to work everyday, although when I found out that points were being reset in october, I ditched a day of work
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 14th, 2011, 03:51 PM   #4
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Unfortunately with the way my company does it's time off, I don't have any to play hooky with.

I used up almost all of my sick time when I was out for almost 2 weeks because of appendicitis. Most of one week was spent in the hospital (the method they used is "supposed" to leave less of a scare but oddly enough takes longer to recover from) and the second week was spent at home not allowed to go back to work until cleared by the doctor which couldn't take place till the end of the week. So that used up most of my sick time.
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 14th, 2011, 03:58 PM   #5
CynicalC

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

Never. It shows terrible work ethic and believe me, they know you're not sick. I've seen it bite people in the ass too, when it comes time for your review or promotion.

Old November 14th, 2011, 04:15 PM   #6
ruben
ninjette.org member

Name: ruben

Motorcycle(s): Civic SI / future 250r

once or twice a year. i earn my sick time, iput it to use before years end. usually after nights of heavy drinking. hasnt affected productivity, and i was promoted in august.
ruben is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 14th, 2011, 04:56 PM   #7
Heed

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): None yet, yet.

Never have. I make a little more than minimum wage, I need all I can get.

I've been working at this grocery store for 2 years and I took a 1 week (i think it was paid, can't remember) vacation. In fact, I took that week off so I could be sure to get the MSF in. Of course, I only am a part timer.

8 hours per month sounds pretty nice.
Heed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 14th, 2011, 04:57 PM   #8
Boom King
So, where's the reverse?

Name: Anson

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

I am intrigued by this concept you people speak of called "work".

In all seriousness, I maybe average 1 "personal" day a year. Depends on how much drinking I do.
Boom King is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 14th, 2011, 06:40 PM   #9
Malicious Logic
hates stupid people

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ZX6R

I'm military so there's really no getting out of work unless you actually are sick, in which case, you still have to get yourself to the clinic and have them diagnose your ailment and decide whether or not you get quarters (a day off). Sometimes, I might skip PT in the mornings to get a little more sleep before work but that's about it.

As far as the program we use, we earn 2.5 days of leave every month. Unless the wife and I are planning a vacation or something, I usually take it quite often. Really just depends on how I feel and if I feel like I need a break.
Malicious Logic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 14th, 2011, 06:51 PM   #10
423yjl
forever a newb

Name: Richard

Motorcycle(s): 07 ninja 250

I get 8 sick days a year, 2 personal days and my birthday off plus my vacation.
The last sick day I took was when my wifes car was breaking down so I got her to a car rental place so she could get to work and then got her car to a shop. I don't know if that is playing hooky or not. I usually only miss work if I have a fever or my stomach will not hold anything.
423yjl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 15th, 2011, 01:01 AM   #11
Domagoj
ninjette.org guru

Name: Domagoj

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r 2009

When I feel like being at home, I ask for a day off. My boss in essence does not really count the days I spent off work. I suppose it is because I don't abuse that too much.
Spending my working hours is another matter. Sometimes I have work for 3 people, and sometimes I have nothing to do for days. I hate that. It's impossible to pass the time.
Domagoj is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 15th, 2011, 06:06 AM   #12
reaubideux
Perpetual Newb

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2010 MIB Ninja 250R [sold]; 2006 CBR600RR [sold]; 2013 Triumph Street Triple R

We don't have a set number of sick days, it's manager's discretion, although, I have a feeling there's a number that HR gives managers as kind of a guide. I usually end up being legitimately sick a few days a year, but I've had those "just don't feel like going in" mornings and I'll call in sick, maybe once or twice a year.
reaubideux is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 15th, 2011, 12:08 PM   #13
drowe531
ninjette.org guru

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250 (sold); 2008 Plasma Blue Ninja 250

I get 15 vacation days a year on January 1st, use them or lose them. We don't have a set # of sick days its mostly just don't abuse it. So far this year I took a "sick day" the day after I got back from a two week backpack trip in Europe.
drowe531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 15th, 2011, 12:47 PM   #14
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ally99 View Post
I'd also like to know what kind of leave you all have at your job too and how much you use. !
I use as much as I can, use or loose for annual leave. I liked doing every other Friday off, oposite my Friday RDO. But, my crash and surgery screwed up my whole leave plan this year. Have to build it all up again

They give everyone 4hrs of sick each PP. Annual depends on time in service, 4, 6 or 8 per pay period.
HKr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 15th, 2011, 03:10 PM   #15
Bigballsofpaint

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): 2015 636 ABS - 69 Honda 305

I never pretend to be sick, ill simply tell my boss i have something to do. all of our time off is combined as PTO time, so vaca and sick time are together. Im really thinking of taking next week off since its a short week and i need to finish a lot of things on my house....
Bigballsofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 15th, 2011, 03:14 PM   #16
Havok
Internet Slut

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 04 FZ1, 07 FZ6

I never call in sick, I get enough days i can take and get paid for that when i want an extra day off i just schedule one for myself.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 15th, 2011, 04:06 PM   #17
burningscooter
clutch

Name: nameless

Motorcycle(s): L1 GSXR600

Never. Stay gettin paid mane.
burningscooter is offline   Reply With Quote