ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > !%@*#$%!)@#&!%@ I crashed!

Old March 12th, 2012, 05:18 PM   #41
n4mwd
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

I wasn't sure. I know that TN and a few others didn't require it several years ago. I don't know about now. I thought TX was one of them. It was a whole lot cheaper too because they couldn't just charge people whatever they felt like. Florida still has no bike insurance requirement.

Old March 13th, 2012, 02:51 AM   #42
Kstorm21
ninjette.org sage

Name: Katherine

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by n4mwd View Post
I wasn't sure. I know that TN and a few others didn't require it several years ago. I don't know about now. I thought TX was one of them. It was a whole lot cheaper too because they couldn't just charge people whatever they felt like. Florida still has no bike insurance requirement.
I know Virginia was one...when my brother was stationed there he had full coverage for $20/month.

Quote:
I don't know any lawyers in Texas and the good one I mentioned was later paid a huge some of money by the insurance companies to "retire".
That's funny....she must of been pretty darn good.
Kstorm21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 13th, 2012, 04:42 AM   #43
n4mwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kstorm21 View Post
That's funny....she must of been pretty darn good.
Actually, it was a guy. He must have made the insurance companies pee their pants because I'm told that waiting two years for a a settlement is not that uncommon. He got it in a week just by announcing that he was on the case. The check arrived literally about a week later. The irony is that my friend would have easily settled for half that if Allstate would have offered it without him having to hire an attorney. Instead, Allstate was obstinate and lowballed him with a max offer of $5K which was only a fraction of the medical bills ($50K). So Allstate shot themselves in the foot because he really didn't have a choice but to hire an attorney.

Old March 13th, 2012, 11:18 PM   #44
christbennett429
ninjette.org member

Name: chris

Motorcycle(s): 1993 ninja 250

So its random but I had my first set of drinks since the accident tonight and I was remembering the accident and what happened. I guess its personal thoughts but that car must have cut in front of me damn close for me not to be able to slow down enough or stop to keep from hitting them. I have ridden it a bit since and still alot of fun but cant imagine going into traffic or on the streets. Same type of feeling I had going into public when I first came back from Iraq. Another random thing but my front fairing, headlight, instrument cluster, and main stay bracket were all shattered to pieces, but my lower fairing and forks were never touched, kinda weird. Anyway just random things going through my head. Chris
christbennett429 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 13th, 2012, 11:45 PM   #45
Kstorm21
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by christbennett429 View Post
So its random but I had my first set of drinks since the accident tonight and I was remembering the accident and what happened. I guess its personal thoughts but that car must have cut in front of me damn close for me not to be able to slow down enough or stop to keep from hitting them. I have ridden it a bit since and still alot of fun but cant imagine going into traffic or on the streets. Same type of feeling I had going into public when I first came back from Iraq. Another random thing but my front fairing, headlight, instrument cluster, and main stay bracket were all shattered to pieces, but my lower fairing and forks were never touched, kinda weird. Anyway just random things going through my head. Chris
Man...that sucks! My husband was the same way when he got back from his first deployment. He hated the crowds. Are you feeling any better?

Old March 13th, 2012, 11:56 PM   #46
christbennett429
ninjette.org member

Im beginning to, im up and out of bed now more but I am stubborn and try to push myself too far and always end up straining myself. I am awake now unfortunately because of the pain but am out of medicine and didnt have and money for a followup visit. Chris

Old March 14th, 2012, 04:55 AM   #47
n4mwd

As far as getting back on the road, just take it slow. Start with the calm streets and then work your way up to the expressways.

On the front main stay stuff and the lack of bent forks, the pregen has a tendency to dive with hard braking so that is possibly a factor.

If you are a vet, you can get medical care at the VA hospital. Stuff like a broken back needs to be watched carefully.

Old March 14th, 2012, 08:36 AM   #48
christbennett429
ninjette.org member

I have been fighting with the VA for about 2.5 years now and its a never ending battle. That makes sense as far as the front diving in hard braking seeing as im 246 mostly muscle and my wife is probably 145 to 165, she wont tell me lol. Anyway the rebuild continues, just waiting on parts from ebay. Chris

Old March 14th, 2012, 08:47 AM   #49
coondog
ninjette.org sage

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ninja 250 street fighter, 2008 street fighter ninja 500, 2001 nsr 125

Hopefully you had the driver written up so you can take all of his PIP insurance and I'd have the bike totalled with all sorts of mods listed. When personal injury is involved insurers don't think twice about the bike cash check.

Main thing is you two are o.k. and maybe you can see why i don't take pillion riders as i would be responsible for them, just as i don't get on the back of any bike. God bless and keep you both. (bit through tongue!)
coondog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 14th, 2012, 08:54 AM   #50
christbennett429
ninjette.org member

Thank you, its means alot. She was overwhelmed by the response and friendly remarks when I showed her this forum and posts. So it will be rough but im returning to work tomorrow, I hope everything goes well. Chris

Old March 24th, 2012, 06:41 PM   #51
christbennett429
ninjette.org member

Bike is mainly repaired

So im back on the road and its scary but im getting my nerve back. Ill include afew pics of the bike. Drives great btw.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg bike 1.jpeg (3.9 KB, 171 views)
File Type: jpeg bike2.jpeg (5.0 KB, 172 views)
File Type: jpeg bike3.jpeg (5.3 KB, 171 views)

Old March 24th, 2012, 06:52 PM   #52
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Great reconstructive work!

Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 24th, 2012, 07:07 PM   #53
nickjpass
#squid

Name: nickypoo

Motorcycle(s): Track dedicated 2008 ZX6R

MOTM - Jul '16
That's great!

Old March 24th, 2012, 07:22 PM   #54
bluepoof
ninjette.org sage

Name: Carolyn

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250, 2002 Yamaha XT225

So glad to hear that you and your wife escaped relatively unscathed. I hope everything works out with the lawyers etc. Such a pain.

If it's helpful, my husband broke a vertebrae while snowboarding about 10 years ago (I forget which one exactly, but it was a thoracic). It took 6 months or so before it felt "normal" to him, but he's since back to motorcycling (both street and off-road), snowboarding, skydiving, etc. Plus, "I broke my back" sounds great at parties.

Old March 24th, 2012, 08:04 PM   #55
Jono

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Glad to see you got the bike working and you are back to riding!!!
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 27th, 2012, 02:57 PM   #56
christbennett429
ninjette.org member

Thanks everyone. Im very happy to be back on the bike. I got one of those cool helmets with the built in sun glass lens too to replace the old helmet. Im wearing a heavy jacket thats hot as sin now till I can afford another riding jacket but hopefully will get a new one soon. ( They cut the other one off) Also looking forward to finding a wolo bad boy bracket for my 250. Chris

Old March 27th, 2012, 03:25 PM   #57
Kstorm21
ninjette.org sage

Not sure if u have to have a certain kind of jacket but revzilla has a speed and strength mesh jacket on closeout for $99.

Old March 28th, 2012, 07:19 AM   #58
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

Name: CB

Motorcycle(s): Depends on the week you ask

Quote:
FWIW Tennessee requires state minimum insurance for any street vehicle.

Back to topic... I'm glad you are feeling better and that you continue to ride!
TnNinjaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 29th, 2012, 11:32 AM   #59
edxmon
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R (SOLD - 2/16/2013)

Quote:
Thanks everyone. Im very happy to be back on the bike. I got one of those cool helmets with the built in sun glass lens too to replace the old helmet. Im wearing a heavy jacket thats hot as sin now till I can afford another riding jacket but hopefully will get a new one soon. ( They cut the other one off) Also looking forward to finding a wolo bad boy bracket for my 250. Chris
motorcyclegear.com/newenough.com has the Joe rocket Atomic 3.0 for $69, clearance since 4.0 just came out
edxmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 29th, 2012, 05:26 PM   #60
n4mwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnNinjaGirl View Post
FWIW Tennessee requires state minimum insurance for any street vehicle.
TN seems to have gone draconian on me. They used to be very reasonable and didn't require auto insurance. Now it seems that they not only want people to insure their cars, but also the bikes too. On top of that, they require helmets for both street bikes AND dirt bikes.

Anyhow, I'm glad the OP is up and riding again.

Old March 30th, 2012, 06:05 AM   #61
GreenNinja
ninjette.org guru

Name: I'm a ninja!

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

Quote:
TN seems to have gone draconian on me. They used to be very reasonable and didn't require auto insurance. Now it seems that they not only want people to insure their cars, but also the bikes too. On top of that, they require helmets for both street bikes AND dirt bikes.

Anyhow, I'm glad the OP is up and riding again.
After hearing about people getting into accidents, would you want to be insurance-less?
GreenNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 30th, 2012, 06:36 AM   #62
n4mwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenNinja View Post
After hearing about people getting into accidents, would you want to be insurance-less?
Not me, but the requirement makes the cost go up because the insurance companies have got you over a barrel. When I lived there years ago it wasn't required, my car insurance was only $100/6 months for full coverage. Coming from FL, a state that required it, my rate was $400 for the same car. Since they mandated coverage, I'm willing to bet that they don't have too many cars with full coverage for $100 these days.

Old March 30th, 2012, 07:04 AM   #63
GreenNinja
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
I had liability only with no uninsured rider coverage and we only got a policy number from the police report so it might be some time before I see any money. I have an attorney working on it now. Chris
Chris, I'm glad to hear you are OK(both mentally and physically). Make sure you look into the uninsured insurance. I wasn't really aware of what it did too much until I talked to my agent about getting insurance for my motorcycle. That is when she recommended I get uninsured insurance for only $3 more a month. I pay $18 a month for my bike which is full coverage. I hope everything works out for you. Keep us up to date on your story and thanks for sharing.

Old April 7th, 2012, 12:28 PM   #64
christbennett429
ninjette.org member

So I am completely healed asid from an occasional stiffness in my back and alittle scab on my knee. I have since realized that my stator cover must have been hit hard and it demagnetized my stator so I have one coming. The headlights are still on but the battery will only jump up .1 at 4000 rpms. Anyway I guess the rebuild continues. Chris

Old April 7th, 2012, 01:55 PM   #65
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Glad you're feeling better. I just got into an similar accident but going much slower, only 25mph. Girl did a u-turn in front of me and I hit between the front wheel and driver side door. Went over the bike, broke my leg, and my forks are totally trashed. I'm not sure if the frame is but its likely. Funny how a similar accident (and you going faster) resulted in less damage to the bike
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 7th, 2012, 01:58 PM   #66
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 7th, 2012, 02:16 PM   #67
christbennett429
ninjette.org member

Im sorry to hear that it really sucks. I am thinking maybe the driver you hit was going faster and I had a good amount of distance to try and stop just not quite enough. Who knows.
Chris

Old April 7th, 2012, 02:18 PM   #68
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Well she was going from a stop into a uturn on a residential street. So couldn't be that fast. I'm also sure she had no idea I was there until she saw me on her hood
AFM #676

Old April 7th, 2012, 02:20 PM   #69
christbennett429
ninjette.org member

Jeez, I wish people would pay more attention and quit complaining about the heat with thier ac on or texting and talking while driving. Thats the only thing I hate about riding is all the cagers.Chris

Old April 7th, 2012, 02:21 PM   #70
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Well that is a large issue haha. We should start a new town, everyone has to own a motorcycle to live there
AFM #676

Old April 7th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #71
christbennett429
ninjette.org member

Id move there, one thing I would add is mandatory motorcycle safety courses though lol

Old April 7th, 2012, 02:52 PM   #72
Indy250r
ninjette.org member

Name: Brad

Motorcycle(s): 2011 KTM 990 ADV

Well, if we're gonna do it, lets make one way, curvy roads and minimum speed limits.
Indy250r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 7th, 2012, 02:55 PM   #73
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
I believe there was actually an old town for sale for about $800,000. If everyone chips in we could easily afford it, then start living in the buildings and rebuild the place. It will become a motorcycle getaway
AFM #676

Old April 7th, 2012, 03:31 PM   #74
christbennett429
ninjette.org member

Sadly that would be pretty cool, im a hell of a handyman, welder, fabricator, electrician, plumber, you name it. lol

Old April 7th, 2012, 03:41 PM   #75
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
With enough pitching in we can fund it ourselves, or attract some tourism. How much you getting for your settlement? Lol

You must own a motorcycle in order to live or visit here. If you want to bring your car, you must pay a car tax and you must observe all our ridiculous road laws (All drivers must use turn offs when a motorcycle is behind them, also special motorcycle passing lanes incorporated. Stop lights will not exist. etc. etc.) just general awesomeness.
AFM #676

Old April 7th, 2012, 03:49 PM   #76
christbennett429
ninjette.org member

Ill be one of the motorcycle cops and enforce the cagers lol. I cant say id use of of those bmws though. I got pulled over by one the other day and it was nice but didnt sound to great lol

Old April 7th, 2012, 04:29 PM   #77
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
It's our town we make up the laws!

WE WILL HAVE PLASTIC BAGS AND WE WILL HAVE CIGARETTES IN OUR PHARMACIES!!! FU CA.

Motorcycle cops on sportbikes, motorcycle taxi service, lol
AFM #676

Old April 7th, 2012, 04:51 PM   #78
christbennett429
ninjette.org member

Lol you will find no arguements from me,sounds fun

Old April 8th, 2012, 01:10 AM   #79
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
I want to live in this town. I could run a little motorcycle cafe All the motorcycle parking would be under a roof so the bikes didn't get wet when it rained. I'd also have little maintenance robots going around cleaning up and inspecting motorcycles beep boop
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 8th, 2012, 05:15 AM   #80
GreenNinja
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
I believe there was actually an old town for sale for about $800,000. If everyone chips in we could easily afford it, then start living in the buildings and rebuild the place. It will become a motorcycle getaway
You aren't talking about this town that the auction started at 100k and ended at 900k are you?
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/06...-town-for-00g/

Too bad it only has 10 acres. Can't do too much for motorcycles with 10 acres unless it is a track.