ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > New Members

Old October 29th, 2012, 08:22 AM   #41
ChelseaLeigh
ninjette.org member

Name: Chelsea

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300

Hey girl! welcome... yeah i was pretty excited to see a few new females on here! but i think we're the only crazy ones buying up new bikes to learn on... frame sliders are a def next on my bike... not that its gone down, just wanna make sure hahah ! happy riding!
ChelseaLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 29th, 2012, 08:39 AM   #42
laynaru
laynaru

Name: Yelena

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaLeigh View Post
Hey girl! welcome... yeah i was pretty excited to see a few new females on here! but i think we're the only crazy ones buying up new bikes to learn on... frame sliders are a def next on my bike... not that its gone down, just wanna make sure hahah ! happy riding!
Hahaha yeah, I think you're right! A lot of people gave me a hard time about buying a new bike, well, a practically new bike. I bought it off my manager who only put 500 miles on it, I scored it for $3000 so I couldn't pass it up. Frame sliders were a great investment, get those on as soon as you can! Best of luck in your riding, and when you take the MSF have fun with it, you'll learn a lot.
laynaru is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 29th, 2012, 08:42 AM   #43
ChelseaLeigh
ninjette.org member

Name: Chelsea

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300

500 miles... thats still NEW hahha mine had 0.... scary scary hahha but i wouldnt have it any other way. love my ninjette to the moon and back.
And im gonna take the MSF in november.
ChelseaLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 29th, 2012, 08:53 AM   #44
laynaru
laynaru

I don't even understand how he put so few miles on it in the time he had it, I rode it for 2 months and put about 1000 miles on the Ninjette. Good luck with the MSF course! It was so much fun, and if I can do it with absolutely no prior experience it'll be a piece of cake for you.

Old October 29th, 2012, 10:11 AM   #45
Tenacious_Me
ninjette.org member

Name: Linda

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by laynaru View Post
Have you had any major issues with the height at all? It was fine the first few weeks I had it because it seemed I was on a flat surface everywhere I went, but then once I approached hills, inclines and slippery surfaces I had a really hard time moving the bike. The incident at the stop light where I stopped too quickly and nearly fell was terrifying because I was in the middle of traffic and didn't want to just drop the damn thing right there
Sorry it took so long to reply...
I haven't had any major issues...a little one... I was riding with my boyfriend and he stopped at a place that I knew I wouldn't be able to stop/or get going again without some major issues (really major incline going down to a roadside rest) Intuition said don't stop there, but I did because he had pulled over. I couldn't get parked or start again without his help, but the lesson was, that if I was on my own I wouldn't have stopped there in the first place, as I slowed down I saw the issue, I would've just kept going.
Other than that no. And I"m really glad I haven't lowered it. I don't like the idea of screwing with the geometry of the bike. It was built a certain way to handle the way it's supposed too. (no, I'm not an engineer, but logic tells me that there is a lot of time and money put into building a sport bike to handle a certain way)
I still a newbie, I only have 2k under my belt this season, but I love it. I was so worried when I started out about not being able to touch flat footed. (learning to touch flat footed with at least one foot works just as well) But now, it doesn't bother me at all.
I lowered it a lot by shaving the seat. I've heard a lot of talk about how uncomfortable the seat is to begin with and shaving it makes it worse.... maybe it has something to do with riding horse for most of my life, but the seat is fine.. especially compared to a saddle. I've taken it on 3 hour trips with no problem.
I'll try to find the link I used as a guideline but the rasp tool was what worked the best in the end.

Good luck, message me privately if you need anything more specific!
Tenacious_Me is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 29th, 2012, 10:24 AM   #46
laynaru
laynaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacious_Me View Post
Sorry it took so long to reply...
I haven't had any major issues...a little one... I was riding with my boyfriend and he stopped at a place that I knew I wouldn't be able to stop/or get going again without some major issues (really major incline going down to a roadside rest) Intuition said don't stop there, but I did because he had pulled over. I couldn't get parked or start again without his help, but the lesson was, that if I was on my own I wouldn't have stopped there in the first place, as I slowed down I saw the issue, I would've just kept going.
Other than that no. And I"m really glad I haven't lowered it. I don't like the idea of screwing with the geometry of the bike. It was built a certain way to handle the way it's supposed too. (no, I'm not an engineer, but logic tells me that there is a lot of time and money put into building a sport bike to handle a certain way)
I still a newbie, I only have 2k under my belt this season, but I love it. I was so worried when I started out about not being able to touch flat footed. (learning to touch flat footed with at least one foot works just as well) But now, it doesn't bother me at all.
I lowered it a lot by shaving the seat. I've heard a lot of talk about how uncomfortable the seat is to begin with and shaving it makes it worse.... maybe it has something to do with riding horse for most of my life, but the seat is fine.. especially compared to a saddle. I've taken it on 3 hour trips with no problem.
I'll try to find the link I used as a guideline but the rasp tool was what worked the best in the end.

Good luck, message me privately if you need anything more specific!
No worries!

I can totally understand not wanting to tweak with the structure of the bike, I think the idea of shaving the seat is something I'm going to do before I jump into buying any lowering links. If you're comfortable riding your bike without being flat-footed then perhaps I just really need more practice. Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely let you know if I have any other questions