ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old June 27th, 2015, 09:38 PM   #1
ninjagaiden09
ninjette.org member

Name: Mel

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250r

Koso Oil temp. sensor

Hi folks, I have a koso RX2 on my Ninja. I was changing the oil when I accidentally broke the oil temp sensor from the tip so only option have is to replace it. (No, I dont have the sensor installed where you drain the oil. I have it close to the bolt of the oil filter) Somehow when I was taking off the drain plug with a wrench the sensor cable got caught My question is can I still use the bike without it ? What is my option for replacement ? I tried Koso but it will take sometime to get it.
ninjagaiden09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 28th, 2015, 06:37 PM   #2
DmbShn41
Wannabe Reborn

Name: Unregistered

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2008 Ninja 250

Provided you're not leaking oil, I see no reason why it wouldn't hurt. Just understand you have no visual cue to any oil pressure issues. From what I know of the bike, EFI not withstanding, no part of the system is relying on that sensor, you will probably have a constant light indicating oil pressure issue, when really, the sensor is not communicating to dash. Hope this helps.

Someone with experience on EFI bike chime in, OP from Toronto, Canada.

Old June 28th, 2015, 07:00 PM   #3
Somchai
Freedom for Germany

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R-FI

@ninjagaiden09, since the Koso is accessory it shouldn't mean anything with only important that no oil is leaking.
@DmbShn41, why do you think the bike is EFI? As far as I know in Canada also the carbed version is sold, or did I miss anything?
Somchai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 29th, 2015, 06:16 AM   #4
ninjagaiden09
ninjette.org member

Name: Mel

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmbShn41 View Post
Provided you're not leaking oil, I see no reason why it wouldn't hurt. Just understand you have no visual cue to any oil pressure issues. From what I know of the bike, EFI not withstanding, no part of the system is relying on that sensor, you will probably have a constant light indicating oil pressure issue, when really, the sensor is not communicating to dash. Hope this helps.

Someone with experience on EFI bike chime in, OP from Toronto, Canada.
First, thank you for the info. Unfortunately I don't have the EFI version. In Canada it same in the US we have the carb version here.

About the bike, I was thinking the same thing too that it should be OK but better safe than sorry. I know that there are more members here that know more than me about the bike. Thanks again.

@Somchai : thanks for you response.
ninjagaiden09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 29th, 2015, 04:08 PM   #5
DmbShn41
Wannabe Reborn

Name: Unregistered

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2008 Ninja 250

Was thinking Canada=EFI. Thought only US got that punishment...