ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old August 26th, 2009, 02:13 AM   #1
Xorro
ninjette.org member

Name: Zoe

Motorcycle(s): CBR650F replacing the Ninja 300

Helmet loop / lock

Is there a loop/lock under the pillion seat to secure a lid to?

I had the seat off yesterday to fit the Kriega tail pack, but didn't notice anywhere to attach a helmet to?

However, I did notice a U shaped indentation - maybe there is an optional extra of an underseat lock?

Old August 26th, 2009, 03:19 AM   #2
Xorro
ninjette.org member

Name: Zoe

Motorcycle(s): CBR650F replacing the Ninja 300

In answer to my own question about the helment loop, I found the answer on (shock) another forum: http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/fo...745-post8.html

Still intruiged about the U-shaped indentation.

Old August 26th, 2009, 04:37 AM   #3
TrueFaith
ninjette.org sage

Name: Wayne

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Honda CBR250R

Yes, there is a helmet attachment, but it is pretty much junk and difficult to use.
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 26th, 2009, 08:32 AM   #4
ScorpionNinja
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650RTE & 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (SOLD)

also ill note, the 08-09 250R's stock helmet holder Rightside (bikes right) Hook/Loop DOESNT work as good or easy for a 2nd or passenger helmet holder! Leftside hook works better/easier for some odd reason!

BTW, does anyone have a link to a Great Priced,Well Made HELMET LOCK that works for our 250Rs? a member posted one from a Jap website... im NOT gonna order 1 from china/japan with my credit card. Im curious for a local or neightoring state taht sells a good one! my stealership dont have any, nor magicracing, and other shops around here
ScorpionNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 29th, 2009, 12:46 AM   #5
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith View Post
Yes, there is a helmet attachment, but it is pretty much junk and difficult to use.
Difficult? I'm off the bike with bars locked, tank bag removed, gloves off,* Bluetooth headset and handlebar remote secured (under seat), and helmet locked in about 20 seconds... and I have to deal with glasses and a ball cap to boot (I usually tuck the ball cap under the windscreen).

*well, I usually leave my left-hand one on and stash the other in the helmet. Without carrying a helmet inside, I need something more obvious to explain the tank bag and jacket. You'd be surprised how many people assume that you are carrying a bag or wearing a riding jacket in the Summer because you plan to steal something and stash it in the "coat" or "back-pack."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpionNinja View Post
also ill note, the 08-09 250R's stock helmet holder Rightside (bikes right) Hook/Loop DOESNT work as good or easy for a 2nd or passenger helmet holder! Leftside hook works better/easier for some odd reason!
I'm sure that that is just the way your particular helmet dangles. I always use the bike's right-side hook any time I go out. If its only a problem when you are moving, keep in mind that you aren't supposed to operate the bike with a helmet hanging from the helmet hooks. It's in the manual!

Last futzed with by CZroe; August 30th, 2009 at 12:23 AM.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 29th, 2009, 01:23 AM   #6
andrewexd
ninjette.org guru

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 07 GSXR600 (N250 sold :( )

the helmet lock is really easy... getting the seat back on is harder.
andrewexd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 29th, 2009, 08:48 AM   #7
noche_caliente
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showp...7&postcount=16

Old August 29th, 2009, 09:10 PM   #8
Anteraan
ninjette.org member

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250 (Blue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewexd View Post
I'll side with this. When I added my FastPack, I realized just how often I wanted to take the pillion on/off - pretty much never, if possible.
Anteraan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 30th, 2009, 12:07 AM   #9
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Umm... that *IS* the "lock" part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteraan View Post
Quote:
...getting the seat back on is harder.
I'll side with this. When I added my FastPack, I realized just how often I wanted to take the pillion on/off - pretty much never, if possible.
Unless I packed too much in there, the seat has never given me a problem. I don't even have to look at it, line anything up, or take my gloves off... It's a cinch. Just hold down on the rear and slide it back; it should catch and, when it does, push the front down. *click* Works every time. I can't speak for the sport cowl though.

Now, a couple days after I bought the bike the rubber feet on the bottom of the seat fell off and disappeared. By asking a few people on Kawiforums, I determined that it happens to a lot of people. I never even glued my replacements and yet they stayed on just fine... probably because I made the effort to actually insert them FULLY and Kawi never did (the glue they use to compensate is ineffective). If you don't have those rubber feet, perhaps your seat is more difficult to mount. I've been doing it multiple times daily for over a year and consider it laughably easy (couldn't possibly "complain"), which leads me to believe that something is different for people with issues.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 30th, 2009, 03:48 AM   #10
KELPHYN
ninjette.org guru

Name: Calvin

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R (sold), 2013 300SE

I used my helmet lock ONCE!! PITA to get seat back on and once it on a bigger PITA to get seat to unlock to get my helmet off. Just a poor design and no I don't have any problems with my seat at any other time take it off or putting it on, even with my tailbag.
KELPHYN is offline   Reply With Quote