ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old April 28th, 2009, 06:39 AM   #1
camaroz1985
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 WR250R, 2006 Ural Raven (Sold), 2009 Versys Green (Sold), 2008 Ninja 250R Green (Sold)

Gripes about Gear

I've held it in long enough (not really that big of a deal, but I needed to start some how).

There are a few things I have been wondering.

First, why don't gear manufacturers commonize the zipper to join jacket to pants? I know they include the other half so you can sew it to your jacket/pants, but they seem to all be different so if you have more than one jacket or pants you would need to get more zipper.

My Teknic textile jacket and my Tour Master pants do not use the same zipper at all. My Kawasaki mesh jacket has the same zipper as the pants, but the zipper is going the wrong way!!!

I'm sure I could remedy this if I bought all my gear from the same manufacturer (which I will probably do in the future), but you would think there could be a standard size (and direction) for the zipper.

Also, why does the clear shield for HJC helmets not stay cracked open (the 1/4" or so gap) like the tinted shields do? Is this so they can get you to buy the other shield or what? It was in the low 90s this weekend, and while the venting is better in my new IS-16 than the CL-15 it was still hot!!!

Thats all I have, just wondering if anyone else had these "issues" or if it was just me obsessing over them.
camaroz1985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 28th, 2009, 08:42 AM   #2
Cali619
Giggity Giggity

Name: Ryam

Motorcycle(s): 08 ninja 250R aka Hiryu

Its so the consumer has to buy the matching set of gear therefore making them more money.
Facebook DY Fender chop, Danmoto CB slip-on w/baffle, Airbox removed, Kleen-air removed, shimmed needles, Mikuni #117.5 Main jets, K&N RU-1822 air filter pods
Cali619 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 28th, 2009, 08:48 AM   #3
Mista Bob
Über n00b

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): Triumph TT600, Honda NS50F, Kawasaki ZZR-250 (sold)

Basically what he said, yes.

Although I got a matching Tour master perforated leather jacket and pants and they didn't zip together.
Luckily, it's very easy to get this remedied.
It's quick easy and cheap to have these zippers replaced, even more so if you have the extra zipper part from the jacket.

Lots of places can do this for you, just gotta look around.
Probably best to take it to some shop that specializes in leather repairs.
Mista Bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 28th, 2009, 08:50 AM   #4
Realirony
That New Kid

Name: Matthew

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja250R

so what you're trying to tell me is that the seemingly useless zipper in the back of my jacket is supposed to zipper my jacket to my riding pants!? In all seriousness I thought it was there to hold my jacket liner in (I didnt discover it until I took the winter liner out) I was just thinking, "hey a zipper that zips to a piece of fabric only 1 inch wide...useless" lol, I'm a smart one XD

But after reading your thoughts that is weird now that I actually think about it, my helmet does the same thing but I never put 2 and 2 together. Although now that you've mentioned all this I'm probably gonna notice it now. blarg >.<

Old April 28th, 2009, 09:22 AM   #5
camaroz1985
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 WR250R, 2006 Ural Raven (Sold), 2009 Versys Green (Sold), 2008 Ninja 250R Green (Sold)

You are welcome
camaroz1985 is offline   Reply With Quote