Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old August 19th, 2012, 11:14 AM   #1
jwollam
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

Insurance question

Howdy y'all!
I hope everyone is having a great weekend.
I got my little ninjette all registered and insured on Friday (sat for 3 years, after a good cleaning of the carbs, a few odds and ends, she's running like a champ!)
Anyways... My question is this, I have AAA for my auto insurance, so I just went straight to them for my bike.
I got everything that is required for California, however when I went to get theft, they said anything over 2 years old they only allow a $1000 deductible.

Is there anywhere else I could look at for insurance? I went ahead and went with them, but I wouldn't mind looking around for a lower deductible (and possibly better insurance)

Thanks everyone!

-John
jwollam is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 19th, 2012, 11:34 AM   #2
93etgocart
ninjette.org member

Name: dennis

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Honda Shadow, 2008 ninja 250

i went with progressive and got full coverage with road side assistance for $133 a year, some of my deductibles are a little higher than others but thats how I got it down to so low
93etgocart is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 19th, 2012, 11:45 AM   #3
Confuzshuz
ninjette.org member

Name: Confuzshuz

Motorcycle(s): 2011 ninja 250r

check with state farm and progressive. I called every insurance company that provides coverage in SoCal. Progressive and State Farm had the best rates for me. AAA came very close. If you need medical coverage (in case you don't have health insurance), Progressive will be the best option. However, your premium will be affected by your driving history and location. Therefore, other people's premiums may be irrelevant.
Confuzshuz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 19th, 2012, 12:11 PM   #4
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Aside from the $1000 deductible, I get really awesome rates from AAA that no other company is able to even come close to. You're also getting a multi policy disount that will be very difficult to beat. My suggestion is just take the hit with the $1000 deductible, if anything its some more incentive to not crash

Also some insurance threads you should check out

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=111326

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=111398
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 19th, 2012, 12:21 PM   #5
jwollam
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
Aside from the $1000 deductible, I get really awesome rates from AAA that no other company is able to even come close to. You're also getting a multi policy disount that will be very difficult to beat. My suggestion is just take the hit with the $1000 deductible, if anything its some more incentive to not crash

Also some insurance threads you should check out

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=111326

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=111398
Thanks for the links, I'll check them out.
I was pretty shocked when it was $103 a year with theft. My family has used AAA since the early 70's. I've had a few issues with them *knock on wood* I've never had to file a claim but they seem to do good enough. Plus the discounts are nice
jwollam is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 19th, 2012, 12:30 PM   #6
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Ah, I have experience filing a claim, they took a very long time to get everything finished but I also wasn't in any rush since I couldn't even walk. My mom just filed a claim for a car my sister totaled and they sent the check out about a week after the accident
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote