ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Notices

Old October 25th, 2013, 02:54 PM   #1
OregonBob
ninjette.org member

Name: Terry

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R

:-( Laid my bike down this morning...

I was riding to work this morning and it was extremly foggy and wet. I have only been riding a motorcycle for about 8 days and didn't realize how slick the paint was at crosswalks... I guess that is a lesson I learned the hard way... I dumped my bike this morning and laid it down on the right side while I was trying to turn the corner. It damaged my right fairing near my turn signal. There is now a quarter size hole and a crack in it :-( Luckily I was only going about 5 miles per hour and I didn't get hurt at all... I almost saved it, but it was at too much of a lean to straighten it...

Where is a good place to look at replacement parts like that? Ebay? Or another shopping website?

I have a 2012 Black 250r. I most likely won't buy anything until spring cause it isn't too noticeable, but want to start shopping around. The exhaust got scratched also, but bot very much.

Thanks

Terry
OregonBob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 25th, 2013, 03:24 PM   #2
c-dog
ninjette.org sage

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

That sucks man! At least you didn't get injured.

I've had great luck on ebay for parts in the past. You can get parts from sellers that have motorcycle warehouses full of parts. Usually looking at about half price for near-new parts.

Now fairings themselves seem to be the most expensive parts. And you have to find good ones too.
c-dog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 25th, 2013, 03:26 PM   #3
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '09 265r

Don't worry about your bike, you might just end up dropping it again. Just keep riding and hone up on your riding skills. @PartsNinja might have what you need, craigslist, and of course ebay.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old October 25th, 2013, 04:05 PM   #4
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonBob View Post
..........I guess that is a lesson I learned the hard way.....
Sorry to read about this.

Try to learn your many future lessons the safe way:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showp...40&postcount=8

Damaging your bike is an inconvenience; getting hurt is more serious and costly.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 25th, 2013, 04:24 PM   #5
crazymadbastard
I'm crazy,your excuse is?

Name: Winston

Motorcycle(s): 250 2007 ninja

Glad you are OK, don't sweat the battle scar on the ninjette. Having it in less than pristine state will make you less worried about dropping it and allow you to focus on actual riding and enjoying it.

Old October 25th, 2013, 07:24 PM   #6
OregonBob
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-dog View Post
That sucks man! At least you didn't get injured.

I've had great luck on ebay for parts in the past. You can get parts from sellers that have motorcycle warehouses full of parts. Usually looking at about half price for near-new parts.

Now fairings themselves seem to be the most expensive parts. And you have to find good ones too.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuong-nutz View Post
Don't worry about your bike, you might just end up dropping it again. Just keep riding and hone up on your riding skills. @PartsNinja might have what you need, craigslist, and of course ebay.
That is true... I knew it would happen at least once... I have a lot more skills to learn... I will check out PartsNinja... Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
Sorry to read about this.

Try to learn your many future lessons the safe way:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showp...40&postcount=8

Damaging your bike is an inconvenience; getting hurt is more serious and costly.
That's the truth... I am glad the bike didn't land on my leg or ankle... I was able to just pick up the bike and take off on it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymadbastard View Post
Glad you are OK, don't sweat the battle scar on the ninjette. Having it in less than pristine state will make you less worried about dropping it and allow you to focus on actual riding and enjoying it.
Yeah... It is kinda like the first door ding in the new car... Now I won't have to baby it so much and worry... I am sure it will happen again... The first one is always the hardest...

Old October 26th, 2013, 09:29 PM   #7
rasta
Your face

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Honda CBR650f

Major bumski dude

That damn wet street paint claims another victim. No worries, you aren't the first and surely won't be the last.

If you have a car, I'd suggest taking that to work when it's wet and gross outside. Learning to ride a motorcycle is a task by itself. You open a whole other can of worms when you add a slippery road to the equation.
rasta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 27th, 2013, 04:24 PM   #8
pdxdavid
ninjette.org member

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250

Glad you were not hurt. I bought my 09 pre damaged, so I don't have to do it. If you are going to ride in the rain etc. watch out for leaves this time of year.
pdxdavid is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 28th, 2013, 12:15 PM   #9
OregonBob
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasta View Post
Major bumski dude

That damn wet street paint claims another victim. No worries, you aren't the first and surely won't be the last.

If you have a car, I'd suggest taking that to work when it's wet and gross outside. Learning to ride a motorcycle is a task by itself. You open a whole other can of worms when you add a slippery road to the equation.
No kidding... Dang paint! I didn't think it was that wet until I got half way to work, then the fog and moisture set in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxdavid View Post
Glad you were not hurt. I bought my 09 pre damaged, so I don't have to do it. If you are going to ride in the rain etc. watch out for leaves this time of year.
Totally.. . I try to avoid leaves all together... I am sure I will be riding less and less now that winter seems to have set in... We were lucky up here in the NW to have a couple fo solid good weather so late in the year...