ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old September 19th, 2015, 07:54 AM   #1
Hardhitter92
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 gsxr 1000

12 ninja 250r dan Moto k&n filter stock airbox

Tried to attach the dyno sheet. Any ways I'm wondering if a full exhaust pod filters adjustable cams with mr12 can get me around 45whp?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (54.6 KB, 26 views)
Hardhitter92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 19th, 2015, 08:55 AM   #2
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Welcome Jeff!

Maybe someone here has run a similar setup and can comment what they got.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 19th, 2015, 02:27 PM   #3
DmbShn41
Wannabe Reborn

Name: Unregistered

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2008 Ninja 250

Welcome!

I run a full pod filter setup, full Jardine exhaust, while I've never dynoed, I'm probably 32-35 rwhp, without a professional tube. While power increases are kinda easy to come by on these bikes, 45rwhp is more than likely outside the physical range of these engines.

Many folks on here have come up with many unique ways to pull all the power they can, most I have heard was 40rwhp, believe that's @RacerX. Some have gone turbo, but that takes some truly unique design and tuning. @garth285 was selling his turbo setup I believe. Not sure of nitrous shots, as I don't think the bike can take too much of that. Believe the stock bottom end is too weak for it. Some have had success with stroker style kits, going to 265cc or 282cc. But at some point in time, there will be a physical limit of how much power the bike can produce, whether its NA, or forced, or achieved through stroking and timing, the engine will give. I suggest looking up some former posts from @RacerX and @garth285, maybe even @Somchai, so that you can see what has already been tried. Not saying it can't be done, but all former work and current knowledge says it currently isn't possible.

Old September 19th, 2015, 04:58 PM   #4
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
bahhhhhhhhaaaaa. sorry.

36 hp?? you sure about that? Hey @Racer x, what are you getting?

Dude, no offense here, so take it as you'd like: dyno's are not good for single pull numbers. They're all calibrated differently, and due to atmospheric conditions, temps, dyno internals, etc, they do no produce repeatable results between differing dynos in different locations. The place where dyno's shine is in comparing the same bike with different setups and/or different fueling in back-to-back comparisons to test one variable at a time. On the same machine with as little time as possible in between runs, you can accurately gauge the CHANGE in power your bike is making a direct result of the physical change you just made to the bike since the last dyno pull. What was your baseline pull, you know, the one before the slip on, filter, jetting, and magic?

No joke, if you've got true 36 hp out of a slip on, drop in filter, and the stock box, there's something very special about your bike.

EDIT: sorry if that came off rude, that wasn't my intent. Just know there's something wrong with your numbers and there's no way you'll see 45 hp without spending tons of money on the bike. Tons. literally more than the bike is worth. tons. There was a big thread about NA builds a while back where two members did some really cool work on their bikes and basically threw money at them. It was good reading and very educational. But there's no way you're getting those kinds of numbers out of bolt on mods.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old September 19th, 2015, 05:04 PM   #5
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
i could believe 32-33 from pods and a full exhaust on a cold day. i could believe 34-35 with a cam. i could believe 36 or 37 with added high comp pistons. but 45 hp? not from 250cc. not without a turbo i think. or two less strokes.

36 is way optimistic from just exhaust and a stock air box

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old September 19th, 2015, 06:26 PM   #6
Racer x

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
Welcome

That set up will be under 35 hp. But if you can get the power to smooth out past 12500 rpm and keep the torque numbers above 16 then you have hit the wall. Major head work is the next step. Or nitrous.

Old September 19th, 2015, 08:14 PM   #7
Somchai
Freedom for Germany

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R-FI

Even with much more to say I'll make it short.
Very important to understand: I don't care and also don't talk about rwhp, since this is an absolute unimportant value or number!
Is 45 hp possible? Yes it is, but I guess no one here will want to pay the price.
Take a look at what is said about the KTM 250 RC, here http://www.motorradonline.de/einzelt...250-rbr/515714
Sorry it's in german and there it says: "Around 40,000 euros will cost the Production Racer, which may be associated with investments in special parts of the motor side on the technical status of the factory racer. In the original state the production engine is 38 kW afford (51 hp) at 14,000 / rpm and will reach the same top speed as the RC 250 GP, which still should mobilize around 5 hp more."
What's possible with our Ninjette you can see here: http://www.scuderiaplatini.it/immagi...omparativa.jpg
And please note that about the difference in price for the 250 SS which includes software and electronical parts for around 4,500 Euros more than the 300 race bike.
And at least my word about dyno runs: no one should give too many believe in this marketing c..p and the same has to be said about the so called Autotune-c..p also - that's all about making money and not worth it.
The replacement of the stock ecu is an absolute MUST to by pass all restrictions.
A real and good tune-up is done on a workbench only, from people who know what they're doing for customers who pay the price - period.
Somchai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 20th, 2015, 05:00 AM   #8
Hardhitter92
ninjette.org newbie

Smile

This was the dyno when it came in. They rebuilt the whole carbs with a stage 4 kit and the above dyno was the final tune. They told me I can still go up 2 jets. My first race the 300 with full exhaust and a rider 50 lbs lighter only pulled 1.5 bike lengths on a massive straight. I'm going -3 in the rear to match the 300 stock gearing to see I can eliminate that. But for next season I was going to drop about 2k in this bike. Just wanted to know if I should just sell it and grab a 300? I'm looking for around 45whp since I'm 200lbs the smaller guys with 36whp 300s weight around 140-150lbs. Thanks for the feedback I'm heading to nimp to race a ninja 300 series. If I make top 6 you'll see me in road racing magazine 😈
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (61.9 KB, 9 views)

Old September 20th, 2015, 05:10 AM   #9
Hardhitter92
ninjette.org newbie

250 pulling on the 300

Summit main straight away vs stock 300 with rider -50lbs then me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (78.0 KB, 4 views)

Old September 20th, 2015, 06:33 AM   #10
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
very nice! Looks like your motor is just special!

Old September 20th, 2015, 09:55 AM   #11
DmbShn41
Wannabe Reborn

Name: Unregistered

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2008 Ninja 250

Go with a 300. I would think most here agree, that's a slightly better platform to start with than 250. FI alone is an upgrade I think, to that fact that you can start electronically playing with fuel tuning, and it would be somewhat more reliable than carbs. Or find a donor, and drop 300 in 250 frame...😉

Old September 20th, 2015, 09:48 PM   #12
Somchai
Freedom for Germany

If you think the 300 is the solution then please read the following link about what's possible and done inside a ecu http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/19/bu...ware.html?_r=1
and if you don't know then please realize the next information about the ecu of motorcycles about the german TUV test cycle:
The software in the ecu of motorcycles recognizes the TÜV test cycle, closes the throttle and turns the exhaust to be quiet.
So once again, with the oem ecu you will NOT reach more than 40 rwhp (I doubt that even this is possible) and a dyno showing this number is cheating.
Think about the setup of the parameters from the dyno and also here realize that nobody will be able to see what the software is doing and how its calculating.
But if you're thinking about this http://megasquirt.info/ thinking can be different.

Old September 20th, 2015, 10:00 PM   #13
Sharkride
ninjette.org member

Name: Sharkey

Motorcycle(s): 2010 ninja 250

I just need mods that would help pull my big acc around. I weight 260lbs and I just got a 2010 ninja 250. I haven't rode the bike yet. But I also planned on getting a danmoto exhaust. Gp extreme...they said up to 4% gains. What the heck is that? 10% would be 3.2 hp
Sharkride is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 21st, 2015, 06:26 AM   #14
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somchai View Post
The software in the ecu of motorcycles recognizes the TÜV test cycle, closes the throttle and turns the exhaust to be quiet.
This is interesting, because VW just got hit with a huge fine for doing the same thing here in the US. Now I wonder how many other companies are using the same tactic.

Quote:
The EPA, after receiving a tip from transportation researchers at West Virginia University, found “a sophisticated software algorithm” referred to as a “defeat device” that let the vehicles exceed lawful NOx emissions levels on the road while blocking them when the car detected it was undergoing EPA emissions testing. The software uses steering angle, speed, engine run times, and atmospheric-pressure information that “precisely track the parameters of the federal test procedure used for emission testing,” according to the EPA.
Source: http://blog.caranddriver.com/volkswa...ions-in-fines/

Old September 22nd, 2015, 11:16 PM   #15
Somchai
Freedom for Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
This is interesting, because VW just got hit with a huge fine for doing the same thing here in the US. Now I wonder how many other companies are using the same tactic.

Source: http://blog.caranddriver.com/volkswa...ions-in-fines/
It looks like that those who accuse Volkswagen now are the same who prevented all investigations before http://www.wired.com/2015/09/epa-opp...-vws-cheating/
another link https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2015/0...-hindered-dmca
or here https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2014/1...ook-under-hood
And nobody should think that's only Volkswagen alone, they are all the same!
- http://www.edn.com/design/automotive...s-consequences
- http://www.wired.com/2015/07/hackers...-jeep-highway/
Or to uncover some secrets of the german language, what it means when Dr. Zetsche from Mercedes says: "There is no investigation against our company" instead of "We don't have anything to do with this", it maybe is to understand that they could be part of that problem also.
Or what does one think when the printer, the refrigerator or whatever device it may be exact 1 or 2 month after the warranty ran out, is not working no more?
WTF - but maybe this makes it better to understandable why I don't like this modern gimmick-s..t