ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old April 19th, 2012, 06:17 PM   #1
AMMOCAN
SLIME-R

Name: AMMOCAN

Motorcycle(s): *SOLD* '10 Kawasaki 250R SE A.K.A. SLIME-R *SOLD*

2-Drops.com is Now Live!

Just wanted to let everyone know that our new site went LIVE today. Feel free to check it out at http://www.2-Drops.com

Thank you,

Old April 19th, 2012, 07:04 PM   #2
CynicalC
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

Orange text on light blue background is offensive on the eyes. You said you went to school for web design or something?

Old April 20th, 2012, 06:04 AM   #3
Falcor
The Luck Dragon

Name: William

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja ZX-6R B/W

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalC View Post
Orange text on light blue background is offensive on the eyes.
Agreed, a silver would would work much better.
Falcor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 20th, 2012, 07:50 AM   #4
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

Name: CB

Motorcycle(s): Depends on the week you ask

I personally like the orange on blue.
TnNinjaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 20th, 2012, 08:10 AM   #5
Falcor
The Luck Dragon

It's not that orange was a terrible choice, but if you notice the "2 DROPS" text near the top right has a slight stroke/glow whatever he did that makes it pop from the background, if he did something similar to the navigation menu underneath it then it would look much better. Just my

Old April 20th, 2012, 01:17 PM   #6
AMMOCAN
SLIME-R

On the behalf of everyone at 2 Drops, I would like to thank everyone who took the time to check out our new website, and those who left a comment.

Being a bit OCD and a perfectionist, one of the hardest things I have had to learn and accept over the years is the fact that anytime you are dealing with anything design related you simply can't please everyone, and it is very inefficient and unproductive to even try.

Every designer, programmer, artist, etc. has their own style and the single most important thing is that they stay true to themselves and to not let themselves get wrapped up in trying to please everyone. If a designer, programmer, artist, etc. does find themselves wrapped up in trying to please everyone, then not only will the madness never end, but after a while their work becomes no longer theirs and their individualistic style is lost.

An example I would like to share is one that relates to those who are color blind. It is estimated that in America 8% of males and about 1% of females are color blind. Now, off hand those are very small percentages, but if you think about how many people are living in America, then you would realize that there are potentially hundred of thousands people who are color blind. However, you still see designers using colors that are considered offensive to their eyes.

So, regardless of what you do and no matter how hard you try you simply can't please everyone and the best way to prevent yourself from the madness of trying is just stay true to your own style.

Thank you,

Old April 20th, 2012, 06:22 PM   #7
Falcor
The Luck Dragon

I respect that Ammocan and i believe that is very important for anyone in the digital world to stay true to their style, BUT to a certain extent you need to think about your potential clients. I am in no way shape or form color blind, i can see the orange text fine. I just wanted to point it out because most people don't calibrate their monitors like you or I would. Their, contrast might be too high, screen too bright, etc. With things like that and the color combination you used you can see how it wouldn't turn out too great. I'm just thinking about the ease of navigation for your future viewers in hopes that they don't get irked by it.

Don't feel that i'm insisting you change anything, by all means leave it the way it is. I just wanted to give you my opinion from one digital major to another.

Old April 20th, 2012, 09:01 PM   #8
AMMOCAN
SLIME-R

Thank you for your comment Falcor, as I appreciate and respect the fact that you took the time to explain your reasoning behind it.

I agree that most people are reluctant to calibrate their monitors, which does drastically affect the original color design of anything found on the web.

In designing our new website, we were very aware of all the possible issues we faced with implementing the specific orange from our logo design. This is why we decided it would be best to use it as an accenting color versus using it as a primary color or body text color.

Thank you,