ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Pictures

Old February 19th, 2013, 10:45 PM   #1
bbjminardo
ninjette.org member

Name: Minardo

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Black Ninja 250r

Talking Fairings - Picture of these fairings on a bike

Does anyone have a picture of these fairings on an actual bike? Saw these on eBay and am really thinking about getting them with my tax return just for a back up to have an extra set!

bbjminardo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 20th, 2013, 01:53 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 20th, 2013, 02:00 PM   #3
bbjminardo
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Perfect! I think I'm gonna buy them now!

I absolutely love the 300! Love the look and the idea of it but those rims completely ruin that bike for me! Absolutely HIDEOUS!

Last futzed with by bbjminardo; February 20th, 2013 at 03:07 PM.

Old February 20th, 2013, 06:33 PM   #4
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

I like the rims and the windscreen/upper fairing profile better on the J/K bikes but the rest looks amazing in non-SE Kawi Green. Too bad they don't have that color here.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 20th, 2013, 09:46 PM   #5
bbjminardo
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
I like the rims and the windscreen/upper fairing profile better on the J/K bikes but the rest looks amazing in non-SE Kawi Green. Too bad they don't have that color here.
yea man I really do love everything on it! The tanks curves, flush turn signals, wind sheild, and just the thicker bike but those rims smh cant standd them!

Oh and the only thing I dont like about the 250s are the Kawasaki stickers and those little ninja stickers on the 300 are perfect!!

Old February 21st, 2013, 08:13 AM   #6
SMman
ninjette.org guru

Name: Danger

Motorcycle(s): 15 CBR300R, 14 BWS50, 09 FZ1, 09 Ninja 250, 06 CRF450R Motard, 03 ZX-6R

I wouldn't spend the money just to have an extra set of plastics. Spend the money on gear (boots, pants, etc.) if you need it and take a track school instead.

If you really need a second set of plastics, buy race plastics and track that bike

Old February 21st, 2013, 03:55 PM   #7
bbjminardo
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMman View Post
I wouldn't spend the money just to have an extra set of plastics. Spend the money on gear (boots, pants, etc.) if you need it and take a track school instead.

If you really need a second set of plastics, buy race plastics and track that bike
I was dead set on getting them but I have decided not too and save to money but I do have gear already and not interested in going to a track at this point but im gonna upgrade all the lights to LED and just save the rest but right on man

Old February 21st, 2013, 07:49 PM   #8
SMman
ninjette.org guru

Motorcycle(s): 15 CBR300R, 14 BWS50, 09 FZ1, 09 Ninja 250, 06 CRF450R Motard, 03 ZX-6R

You will love the track and it will improve your riding and confidence so keep it in mind for the future.

Kind of curious why you want to upgrade the lights to LED. I personally like to do mods that really contribute to the performance, comfort, or my enjoyment of the bike.

My friend owned the 250 and had installed an FMF exhaust and jet kit. My 1st mod was a Zero Gravity light tint double bubble which added more wind protection and was a nice change from the scratched OEM screen. My next 2 mods were a set of Woodcraft clip-ons to improve the handling/seating position and a Pyramid Plastics hugger to help keep the rear end clean.

I don't have many pics of the bike because its halfway across the country but here's one showing the double bubble windscreen. The bikes next to it are my CRF450R and 636. Don't even ask about the mods on those bikes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 710965g_20.jpg (77.8 KB, 7 views)

Old February 22nd, 2013, 02:22 AM   #9
the big mike
ninjette.org sage

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r, Fazer8

I've been searching for a pic too!! Couldn't find one I wanted these fairings, but in green...
I dropped the idea after reading about lots of fitting problems...

Old February 22nd, 2013, 02:49 AM   #10
bbjminardo
ninjette.org member

Quote:
You will love the track and it will improve your riding and confidence so keep it in mind for the future.

Kind of curious why you want to upgrade the lights to LED. I personally like to do mods that really contribute to the performance, comfort, or my enjoyment of the bike.

My friend owned the 250 and had installed an FMF exhaust and jet kit. My 1st mod was a Zero Gravity light tint double bubble which added more wind protection and was a nice change from the scratched OEM screen. My next 2 mods were a set of Woodcraft clip-ons to improve the handling/seating position and a Pyramid Plastics hugger to help keep the rear end clean.

I don't have many pics of the bike because its halfway across the country but here's one showing the double bubble windscreen. The bikes next to it are my CRF450R and 636. Don't even ask about the mods on those bikes
LED lights are brighter and integrated tail light so it will strob anytime I touch the breaks. Saftey features.

Old February 22nd, 2013, 07:51 AM   #11
SMman
ninjette.org guru

Gotcha. Its odd Kawi never did put LEDs. My 03 636 has them in the tail. Enjoy your new bike and making it your own

Old February 22nd, 2013, 09:47 AM   #12
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbjminardo View Post
LED lights are brighter
Only if :
a) you're directly in the field of view, which is directly behind the bike rather than all around like with incandescent bulbs

and b) buy really good ones. None of this Ebay chinese stuff. Also, they're much harder to see in the daytime than incandescent bulbs.

I see you plan to get an integrated light in the name of saftey. Get the one from CustomLED. None of the others come close in performance. It can flash or strobe at a number of different speeds, and it gives you a control over brightness. Also, keep the turn signals on stalks in addition to the signals in the integrated tail light. These are much more visible than just using the signals in the integrated tail light.

Here's a video comparing the CustomLED tail light to another brand:

Link to original page on YouTube.

All that said, you can get a brake light flasher and a 2357 bulb for about $20. A 2357 bulb has the same running filament as the stock 1157, but a much brighter brake filament. That's what I use. I have my flasher set to flash 3 times in about 2 seconds then stay solid on the third flash. It does the job at a fraction of the cost.

choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 22nd, 2013, 09:51 AM   #13
MistahT
ninjette.org member

Name: Matthew

Motorcycle(s): 2012 FZ6R, 2006 Ninja 250, 1977 Suzuki GS550

Quote:

Never seen a garage smaller than mine with just as many bikes in it!!
MistahT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 22nd, 2013, 10:57 AM   #14
SMman
ninjette.org guru

Actually, its a big garage and that's just a little nook around the corner that my brother-in-law was gracious to give me, now that I spend my winters halfway across the country. Around the corner from my 3 bikes is a 2007 R1 and a street legal 2003 YZF450. I had to store my DR-Z400SM in another location.

Back on topic, quite a difference between those tail lights on the R6s. I had read poor reviews on Clear Alternatives in the past. A friend of mine had one on his 04 ZX-10R and it was very hard to see, just like in the video. As clean as integrated signals look, I'm keeping the stock blinkers on my 250 so people can actually see me.

I know I don't have the stock signals on the 636 anymore and they are less visible but still better than putting in the brake light alone. The stockers wouldn't work with the fender elminator I bought so I picked up small signals made by Lockhart Phillips for the front and rear. Sorry to ramble

Old February 22nd, 2013, 12:46 PM   #15
bbjminardo
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Only if :
a) you're directly in the field of view, which is directly behind the bike rather than all around like with incandescent bulbs

and b) buy really good ones. None of this Ebay chinese stuff. Also, they're much harder to see in the daytime than incandescent bulbs.

I see you plan to get an integrated light in the name of saftey. Get the one from CustomLED. None of the others come close in performance. It can flash or strobe at a number of different speeds, and it gives you a control over brightness. Also, keep the turn signals on stalks in addition to the signals in the integrated tail light. These are much more visible than just using the signals in the integrated tail light.

Here's a video comparing the CustomLED tail light to another brand:

Link to original page on YouTube.

All that said, you can get a brake light flasher and a 2357 bulb for about $20. A 2357 bulb has the same running filament as the stock 1157, but a much brighter brake filament. That's what I use. I have my flasher set to flash 3 times in about 2 seconds then stay solid on the third flash. It does the job at a fraction of the cost.

will deffiently be getting customLEDs thank you!

Old February 22nd, 2013, 02:07 PM   #16
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Yepp! Check out some of their videos that are linked to their site.

They have some other cool functions like the crazy flashy strobe mode that would be good if you're broken down on the side of the road. Their new units also turn off the running light when the blinker is on. That makes the turn signal more visible to other traffic behind you.

http://www.customled.com/
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote