Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

GLWS, but why so soon?

Old January 29th, 2012, 11:30 AM   #3
AMMOCAN
SLIME-R

Name: AMMOCAN

Motorcycle(s): *SOLD* '10 Kawasaki 250R SE A.K.A. SLIME-R *SOLD*

Thanx Live2ride.

Your observation is correct, as it is relatively soon for me to be selling SLIME-R. The decision to put SLIME-R up for sale wasn't an easy one to make and it has been a decision I have struggled with making for quite a while now. However, certain personal events have taken place, which have made making the decision a more prevalent one. For my own personal reasons, I have finally decided that selling SLIME-R is the best decision in moving forward to the future. Hopefully, I will find SLIME-R a good home.

Thank you,

Old January 29th, 2012, 11:35 AM   #4
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
so many dollars. glws

Old January 29th, 2012, 12:32 PM   #5
AMMOCAN
SLIME-R

Thanx alex.s.

Old February 6th, 2012, 02:28 AM   #6
AMMOCAN
SLIME-R

@ alex.s:

Actually, the price I am asking is very reasonable and is within the pricing guidelines dictated by both Kelley BlueBook and NADA, as they report that for my area the valued price is some where around $3,400+. Of course they are also taking into consideration that the motorcycle has around 2800 miles, which is close to being double what SLIME-R currently has.

I would also like to mention that everything else that I have mentioned in the Ad. (i.e. disc alarm, stands, etc.) all retail either around $100 or more. So, if you were to do the math then you would see that who ever does purchase the motorcycle will in fact save a great deal of money, especially since there isn't anything wrong with any of the products.

Bottom-line, is I know the value that the products have and I know the value that the buyer is receiving. I remember going through the same type of ordeal when I was looking to buy SLIME-R a year ago. People from different parts of the country expressing to others what they should be paying or should not be paying according to their own experience and geographical area. I even still see this happening today just like the 'ole insurance debate and what individuals are not realizing is that just like with insurance the price for a motorcycle is dependent on several different variables. One of the main variables involved is your location; hence the reason why KBB or NADA asks this of you when looking up the value of a vehicle/motorcycle.

I do admit that a lot of people who post things for sale on craigslist or any where else for that matter tend to over price. I would guess some people do this out of ignorance, or they are preparing for the haggle, and/or they simply are trying to get away with getting as much as they can for it for whatever the reason, whether it be because of greed or not. However, you usually will find that these individuals will eventually come back down to earth once they find out that no one is going to buy what their selling for the price they are asking.

For example, when I purchased SLIME-R the owner was asking for a price beyond the prices listed in KBB and NADA and it was a price that they still owed the bank that financed their overpriced purchase from the dealer. After showing them the facts we were able to agree on a fair price for the both of us. This is what I went ahead and did for anyone looking to get a Ninja 250 SE in my area, as I have listed SLIME-R at a fair price for both the buyer and myself.

I have also given the buyer three different purchasing options and you can check it out here: http://stockton.craigslist.org/mcy/2823625325.html

Again, I know some of you may still think this might be too much and that is fine because you obviously don't live in my area, and I have no intention of changing my price because I know it is a fair and reasonable price considering the variables.

Thank you,

Old February 6th, 2012, 08:17 AM   #7
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

I think that's a good price for someone who only wishes to ride the street. 1k miles & registered till Aug. 2012. $3500 is better than paying $4K+ for brand new,

Old February 6th, 2012, 07:27 PM   #8
AMMOCAN
SLIME-R

Thanx Nemesis. I couldn't agree more.

Old February 16th, 2012, 04:46 PM   #9
Powerlogix
ninjette.org member

Name: Binh

Motorcycle(s): 2010 ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMMOCAN View Post
Here is the ad I have placed on craigslist:

http://stockton.craigslist.org/mcy/2823625325.html

Thank you,
Bump for a good guy. It's a great price for where we are with the low miles.

Old February 19th, 2012, 01:11 PM   #10
Harr1s
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Harris

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250r

Nice bike. If it doesn't sell in a couple weeks I may be interested in taking it off your hands (got my 08 stolen, really bummed).

Old February 21st, 2012, 10:34 PM   #11
AMMOCAN
SLIME-R

@ Powerlogix :

Thanx Binh! Long time no hear. I hope you are enjoying the married life and that all is well with you and your family. Can you believe this weather we are having? Tomorrow, it is suppose to be in the mid-70's! Quite abnormal for our neck of the woods, especially considering it is still February. Before SLIME-R sells we should definitely go for a ride again.

Thanx,

Old February 21st, 2012, 10:45 PM   #12
AMMOCAN
SLIME-R

@ Harr1s :

So sorry to hear about your misfortune, especially since it happened so close to home. Even more the reason why I took all the security measures I could to help deter any thief looking for a quick score.

As of right now, SLIME-R is still for sale. I have mostly just been getting a lot of SPAM and Low-Ballers off of Craigslist. However, I am in no hurry to sell, especially with the weather we have been having, so until the right person comes along SLIME-R will continue to stay on the market.

When the time comes and you are ready to purchase another motorcycle feel free to reply to my ad at http://stockton.craigslist.org/mcy/2823625325.html or send me a private message on here.

Thanx,

Old March 1st, 2012, 02:58 AM   #13
AMMOCAN
SLIME-R

Just a friendly reminder that SLIME-R is FOR SALE.

http://stockton.craigslist.org/mcy/2823625325.html

Thanx,

Old March 3rd, 2012, 03:41 PM   #14
AMMOCAN
SLIME-R

I sold SLIME-R today. It was one of the most difficult things I have had to do in quite a while.

@ Alex:

Please Close Thread.

Thank you,

Closed Thread