ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old May 30th, 2017, 06:19 AM   #1
Mohanad89
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Mohanad

Motorcycle(s): Honda CBR 400RR, Yamaha R6, Honda CBR 1000 RR, Suzuki BKing.

I always recommend the 250R for beginners.

Riders choose the 250R for different reasons. However, I came across this review (not accidentally lol) and it made me feel even more keen about promoting this model for beginners who are looking forward to riding.

The three main reasons that grabbed my attention (and made a very good selling point to the idea) were it's low engine power and high manoeuvring ability.
Mohanad89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2017, 08:05 AM   #2
A.J.
ninjette.org guru

Name: AJ

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Kawasaki Ninja 250r(SOLD) 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250r full Muzzy(my pride and joy)

Just bought a 250r. An '05 for $900 and it's my first bike of any kind. I couldn't be happier with her. I feel safe on the bike and maneuver very well. i have a lot of learning to do but I'm so excited. All I do is ride this bike lol. This will be my only summer with her however it's likely I'll be looking for something with more power for next year. I'll likely keep this bike though because of how relaxed I feel when riding her. And I think we are probably all attached to our first
Someday I will have me a CBR and a big boy
A.J. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2017, 08:28 AM   #3
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
I'll likely keep this bike though because of how relaxed I feel when riding her.
That's one big thing I like about my 250. I have a couple bigger, faster bikes, but on the 250 I don't feel any pressure to go fast for the sake of going fast. I do feel pressure to have fun the the twisties, however.

I just spent a week at Deals Gap, and once again found that the 250 is one of the best choices there is for the Dragon. The peg feelers and my knee sliders are noticeably smaller now.
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2017, 08:33 AM   #4
A.J.
ninjette.org guru

Name: AJ

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Kawasaki Ninja 250r(SOLD) 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250r full Muzzy(my pride and joy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
That's one big thing I like about my 250. I have a couple bigger, faster bikes, but on the 250 I don't feel any pressure to go fast for the sake of going fast. I do feel pressure to have fun the the twisties, however.

I just spent a week at Deals Gap, and once again found that the 250 is one of the best choices there is for the Dragon. The peg feelers and my knee sliders are noticeably smaller now.
I bet. I'm too old to care or really have the desire to go fast just because I can which is why when I do upgrade it will likely not be over 600cc's. But this 250r does exactly what it's designed for and that is to help me learn and let me ride relaxed. I'm in love
A.J. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2017, 11:35 AM   #5
Ralgha
ninjette.org sage

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R, Tiger 800 XRT

That review claims it makes 33hp, which I think is usually only obtainable with substantial modding. Mine does just a hair under 30hp with an Area-P exhaust and tuned jetting at sea level.

Doesn't matter though, it's an awesome bike!
Ralgha is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2017, 12:13 PM   #6
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralgha View Post
That review claims it makes 33hp, which I think is usually only obtainable with substantial modding. Mine does just a hair under 30hp with an Area-P exhaust and tuned jetting at sea level.
You probably measured it at the rear wheel, while the manufacturer specs are usually crankshaft numbers.
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 31st, 2017, 09:25 AM   #7
Mohanad89
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Mohanad

Motorcycle(s): Honda CBR 400RR, Yamaha R6, Honda CBR 1000 RR, Suzuki BKing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
You probably measured it at the rear wheel, while the manufacturer specs are usually crankshaft numbers.
Drivetrain energy loss are not calculated by the manufacturers I guess. However, it seems that all of the 250R riders do agree on it's agility
Mohanad89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 31st, 2017, 02:18 PM   #8
CaliGrrl
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
Yeah, it's a great learner bike. I'm learning a lot! It's a nice, light, maneuverable bike with a decent amount of power. It's not a screaming amount, but it's got some go.
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote