Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old May 1st, 2017, 04:57 PM   #81
Misti
ninjette.org sage

Name: Misti

Motorcycle(s): currently: Yamaha YZF 250 dirt/motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
​Some of you have known that my vision has been rapidly deteriorating.
This past week, it has been worse and I went to see my eye doctor today.

He has explained that this is related to a retinal vascular accident.
Reading books and computer's screens is now a very difficult thing for me to do.
I believe that I will be able to ride my beloved pre-gen and do mechanical work a little longer, but not much more, as he stated that this problem is degenerative and irreversible.

I just want to use this last post to sincerely thank all the members that have shared this precious years of posting and learning in Ninjette.org.

Please, direct new members/riders to our Riding Skills section, even when they insist on carburetors that have been "perfectly cleaned" and are only interested on modifications to multiply H.P.'s and produce cool sounds.
Ask each of them to work hard on the rider before start working on the bike.

"My favorite things in life don't cost any money. It's really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time."

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."

"Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart." - Steve Jobs

My best wishes to all !!!
Awwwwwwwww!!!! So sad to hear. What a wonderful post and beautiful quotes at the end. I've sincerely enjoyed all your posts over the years and your participation in these wonderful discussions. You've always had a lot to offer!

YOU WILL BE MISSED! Enjoy your new adventures xoxoxo
Misti is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

Old May 1st, 2017, 07:53 PM   #82
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Motofool,
This site has lost an invaluable resource with your retirement. We have also lost a wonderful person who shared his knowledge with anyone who was willing to listen. We are all sorry to see you leave and will all be less because your input will no longer be there. You have left your mark on so many of our lives over the past years and you will be sorely missed. There is no doubt that you love to ride and motorcycles are your passion so your condition must be serious or you would not be leaving us. I wish you much happiness in the future and know you will have joy and success in whatever you do next. Just know you have helped so many new and seasoned riders in many ways. I only wish I had an opportunity to ride with you!

Good bye and best wishes
Ant
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 2nd, 2017, 05:13 AM   #83
pb3
ninjette.org member

Name: parker

Motorcycle(s): 09 n250, 14 n300, 22 n400

i'm just reading this, very sorry to read. i appreciate your replies and wish you the best.

parker
pb3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 2nd, 2017, 09:15 AM   #84
Panda
not an actual panda

Name: dan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2009 CBR600RR (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
With the help of your encouragement and kind tips to palliate my vision limitations, and with the patient help of my wife, I have been able to stretch my following and writing of posts in Ninjette.org for 10 more months since my first post in this thread.

The problem has worsened during this time and everything from posting to reading, has become increasingly painful and sad.
This past week, I have felt very depressed and limited in all my activities.
I also believe that I should not ride anymore.

I understand that it is my time to stop posting and following posts here; but I am very happy to see so many members doing the right thing and helping, guiding and encouraging new riders.

Again, my very best wishes to all.

Keep calm and ride on !!!

I was really hoping after you stayed around after you first post that you'd find a long term solution.

I'm really going to miss your technical knowledge and your posts filled with good advice for new as well as seasoned riders.

God speed mate.
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 12th, 2017, 11:36 AM   #85
greenaero
Motorcycle Hypermiler

Name: Vic

Motorcycle(s): 1999 & 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 250R's

Hernan,

Dear brother, thank you for your friendship and for being such a great resource for this forum. You have made a definite impact on me and the many Ninjette forum members here. I'm saddened by your medical problems and I want you to know much you are appreciated and loved. You have inspired others to be generous with their knowledge and experience and to effectively share it with other riders.
wishing you all the best, GA