ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old August 19th, 2014, 10:24 AM   #1
MrAtom

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - July '15
Cheap gear for newbies (Bilt gear?)

So, I don't even have my helmet or permit yet. I'm a college student with a very limited income. I've gone down to my local Cyclegear and seen a lot of Bilt stuff that had tempting pricetags, but I'm a little iffy. What's your opinion on Bilt gear? If you have any recommendations for cheap gear, I'm all ears. Spine/back protection is the BIGGEST thing for me aside from the legally mandatory helmet.

Oh, and I'm not looking to have an animal rights discussion or anything, but I don't buy leather. Fake leather is a-okay though
MrAtom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 19th, 2014, 10:31 AM   #2
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
don't buy bilt.

Old August 19th, 2014, 10:32 AM   #3
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAtom View Post
Oh, and I'm not looking to have an animal rights discussion or anything, but I don't buy leather. Fake leather is a-okay though
fake leather is not okay.

leather is the best protection you will find. if you are an animal rights activist, maybe invest in some human leather instead

Old August 19th, 2014, 10:36 AM   #4
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Well....

First off, spend your biggest chunk of change on a helmet or.... SUPER deep discounts on lids occur at the end and beginning of riding season when the fashion riders need the current years model and the 3-5yr old models hit the $100 rack (give or take a 20 spot).

Next would be gloves, DO NOT SKIMP HERE! Good gloves cost a bunch but totally worth it. I know you don't wanna buy leather, but from my own pavement eating experience you will want the protection as much as you may want to protect the animal it came from.

The rest... meh There is gear that is cheap that is ok, then their is crap. Most riders will feel Bilt is on the lower end of gear quality but it's better than NO gear. My personal experience of it is, it's a "one crash item", because that is about how it will hold up in the event of a down. Then it will need replaced. Also, age is another factor I look at for gear. In 10yrs, how strong is that thread really? Even the best gear will age and depending on the care.... meh.

imho, you can get bilt, but you better darn well take extra good care of it to get much effective life from it. Oh, and that brand likes to bleed colors in the wet the first 10 or so times, after that... it's pretty ok.

ps.... I love animals too! They are delicious.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 19th, 2014, 10:59 AM   #5
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Personally I have always liked TourMaster gear, not uber expensive but not cheap either. It's held up and done me right since I started riding.

I wouldn't trust it on its own, but the Icon Stryker vest under a solid jacket is what I wear for chest and back protection.

Just some other thoughts. I know someone who bought Bilt gear as an experiment since it was so cheap. I haven't heard him talk down about the gear but when I was "shopping" though his gear closest, he pointed me towards other stuff as much better quality.
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old August 19th, 2014, 11:10 AM   #6
accumack
ninjette.org member

Name: jim

Motorcycle(s): honda crf230l & 2013 ninja 300se wife has Honda crf230l & honda cbr250r repsol

Leather only! Textile will not protect you as well. No kevlar jeans. I've seen too many friends wearing textile and kevlar go down at low speeds and it isn't pretty wouldn't want to see high speed. Leather is the best period! Would you rather the skins be thrown out? You won't stop people from eating meat no matter what you do.
accumack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 19th, 2014, 11:19 AM   #7
LittleRedNinjette
Certified Troublemaker

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250r "Pikachu", 2017 Ninja 650 "Epona"

MOTM - Aug '13, Aug '14, Feb '17
+1 on not skimping on the helmet.

Not only for the protection but comfort. I have a Bell helmet and now a Shoei. The Shoei is WAAAAAAAY more comfy. My boyfriend had the same reaction going from Icon to Arai. Not that Bell and Icon are horrible helmets.

And i was told by a Cycle Gear employee NOT to get a Bilt helmet.

The Bilt gloves i had.. Meh, kept the rash off my hands but i wouldn't get them again.

I can give you a better opinion on the Bilt jackets soon. I'll be getting one for the cooler weather.

Good rule of thumb, you get what you pay for.

Raven's Rejuvenation
A bruise is a lesson... and each lesson makes us better...
LittleRedNinjette is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 19th, 2014, 11:45 AM   #8
tooblekain
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Triumph Bonneville; 2008 Ninja 250r (trackbike)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRedNinjette View Post
+1 on not skimping on the helmet.

Not only for the protection but comfort. I have a Bell helmet and now a Shoei. The Shoei is WAAAAAAAY more comfy. My boyfriend had the same reaction going from Icon to Arai. Not that Bell and Icon are horrible helmets.

And i was told by a Cycle Gear employee NOT to get a Bilt helmet.

The Bilt gloves i had.. Meh, kept the rash off my hands but i wouldn't get them again.

I can give you a better opinion on the Bilt jackets soon. I'll be getting one for the cooler weather.

Good rule of thumb, you get what you pay for.
Plus Juan. You may be better off getting used quality gear from Craiglist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by accumack View Post
Leather only! Textile will not protect you as well. No kevlar jeans. I've seen too many friends wearing textile and kevlar go down at low speeds and it isn't pretty wouldn't want to see high speed. Leather is the best period! Would you rather the skins be thrown out? You won't stop people from eating meat no matter what you do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaWolf View Post
Personally I have always liked TourMaster gear, not uber expensive but not cheap either. It's held up and done me right since I started riding.

I wouldn't trust it on its own, but the Icon Stryker vest under a solid jacket is what I wear for chest and back protection.

Just some other thoughts. I know someone who bought Bilt gear as an experiment since it was so cheap. I haven't heard him talk down about the gear but when I was "shopping" though his gear closest, he pointed me towards other stuff as much better quality.
Plus one...leather as much as you can. I have experience with textile, kevlar, and leather. Hands down leather. You dont want burned textile on your skin.

As for back protectors, you can get an insert for the jacket you have. I highly recommend the CE Level 2 back protector inserts you can MotoNation. (see their website...the brand is slipping my memory). They also make CE level 2 armor for the shoulders, forearms and knees. If you can afford it I highly recommend getting them. That way any gear you get will have top notch armor. Armor is equally as important so you mininmize breaks and dislocations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Well....

First off, spend your biggest chunk of change on a helmet or.... SUPER deep discounts on lids occur at the end and beginning of riding season when the fashion riders need the current years model and the 3-5yr old models hit the $100 rack (give or take a 20 spot).

Next would be gloves, DO NOT SKIMP HERE! Good gloves cost a bunch but totally worth it. I know you don't wanna buy leather, but from my own pavement eating experience you will want the protection as much as you may want to protect the animal it came from.

The rest... meh There is gear that is cheap that is ok, then their is crap. Most riders will feel Bilt is on the lower end of gear quality but it's better than NO gear. My personal experience of it is, it's a "one crash item", because that is about how it will hold up in the event of a down. Then it will need replaced. Also, age is another factor I look at for gear. In 10yrs, how strong is that thread really? Even the best gear will age and depending on the care.... meh.

imho, you can get bilt, but you better darn well take extra good care of it to get much effective life from it. Oh, and that brand likes to bleed colors in the wet the first 10 or so times, after that... it's pretty ok.

ps.... I love animals too! They are delicious.
100 % agreement right there. When it comes to protection, don't go cheap when it protects your head, hands and feet. The good news is there are a lot of options that protect well at a good price point for these 3 things. You can't go wrong with Scorpion. So far all their gear (gloves, jackets, helmets) are great quality for the price. Pants, I would get leather overpants like Icon Automags or Icon Overlords. Fox Creek makes leather overpants too. At least with overpants you can wear regular shorts or pants underneath. Just be sure to have knee and/or knee & shin guards and you will be golden.
*CVMA #312*SoCal Trackdays*BigHeadz Racing*Motion Pro*Factory Effex*Leatt Brace* Racetech *Bell * Woodcraft CFM*Vortex*Hotbodies*Surface Sun Systems*Braking*LiveWire Energy*Freegun Underwear
tooblekain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 19th, 2014, 11:48 AM   #9
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
i hate that... when the textile melts in with your skin... and you have to rip your skin off to get the textile off... grrr

Old August 19th, 2014, 12:07 PM   #10
M42
Wrench wench

Name: The Stigette

Motorcycle(s): TWO HUNDRED FORTY EIGHT CUBIC CENTIMETERS (R.I.P.), SIX HUNDRED FORTY FIVE CUBIC CENTIMETERS

If you're on a limited income, wait until you have enough money to buy all the pieces of gear. If you can't afford the gear, then you definitely can't afford the hospital fees, the time not working/not getting paid while you put your shattered body together over the course of months, etc etc. after you go down without proper gear.
M42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 19th, 2014, 12:07 PM   #11
Proteus
Daily Ninjette Rider

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R, 2015 Vespa GTS 300 IE Super, 1989 Honda Elite 80 (SOLD)

I have a Bilt jacket and boots. I've only been using them for about a month but they have held up well. I'm on the bike at least 2 hours every day in both.

They're comfortable and I feel like they were worth the money I spent. The jacket feels a bit cheap but not like it's going to fall apart or anything.

I can't comment on how they'll hold up in a crash.

I have gotten several compliments from random hot women on the street that my boots were cool. (I'm being 100% serious).

If I had more money to spend I would have gotten better stuff but I felt like $70 boots and a $90 jacket is better than $160 jacket and no boots, etc.

Check out my music at http://www.proteusmusic.com
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 19th, 2014, 12:08 PM   #12
MrAtom

MOTM - July '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
fake leather is not okay.
I'm fully aware that fake leather is purely for aesthetics.

Quote:
I know you don't wanna buy leather, but from my own pavement eating experience you will want the protection as much as you may want to protect the animal it came from.
I've fully thought this through. I understand the risks. I understand that I'm not going to be as protected as I am with leather.

Quote:
Would you rather the skins be thrown out? You won't stop people from eating meat no matter what you do.
The only thing I can do is reduce my own footprint on the animal kingdom and change the way I live MY life. I said nothing about changing the way others live their lives.

Quote:
That vest seems like a solid means of back protection. I'll check it out, thanks.

And, can you guys elaborate a little more on this whole kevlar thing? Why is kevlar bad? Does it rip or tear or what?

Old August 19th, 2014, 12:14 PM   #13
Proteus
Daily Ninjette Rider

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R, 2015 Vespa GTS 300 IE Super, 1989 Honda Elite 80 (SOLD)

Also as a longtime hardcore vegetarian who now buys leather feel free to PM me!

Old August 19th, 2014, 12:34 PM   #14
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

Maybe this link will help? http://www.veganmotorcyclist.com/gear.htm

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old August 19th, 2014, 12:43 PM   #15
accumack
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): honda crf230l & 2013 ninja 300se wife has Honda crf230l & honda cbr250r repsol

Most of the kevlar doesn't include the butt. Riding 2 1/2 weeks ago my buddies oil filter cover on his Aprilla decided to come off sprayed oil on his rear tire went down at about 30 mph tore his butt up. HE IS GETTING LEATHER kevlar wore through at only 30mph. He has been riding for years thought he was safe not his fault the unexpected. Leather is the safest if you are riding it is the reason leather is the only thing you can wear on track days.

Old August 19th, 2014, 01:03 PM   #16
MrAtom

MOTM - July '15
Quote:
Thanks, man! super helpful! Haha I knew I wasn't the only one.

Quote:
Most of the kevlar doesn't include the butt. Riding 2 1/2 weeks ago my buddies oil filter cover on his Aprilla decided to come off sprayed oil on his rear tire went down at about 30 mph tore his butt up. HE IS GETTING LEATHER kevlar wore through at only 30mph. He has been riding for years thought he was safe not his fault the unexpected. Leather is the safest if you are riding it is the reason leather is the only thing you can wear on track days.
Oh no! Does he have a crack in it now? All kidding as(s)ide, RHOK's have kevlar on the butt, right?

Old August 19th, 2014, 01:05 PM   #17
Proteus
Daily Ninjette Rider

I recommend Scorpion helmets. They seem to be the best bang for the buck in my opinion and I like mine a lot.

Old August 19th, 2014, 01:08 PM   #18
LittleRedNinjette
Certified Troublemaker

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250r "Pikachu", 2017 Ninja 650 "Epona"

MOTM - Aug '13, Aug '14, Feb '17
I've heard 2 things when looking for gear:
  1. Dress for the crash, not the ride.
  2. Dress for the ride, not the crash.

I don't agree 100% with both but i see the logic in a happy medium between the two.

Dress at a level you feel comfortable with, taking in to account the risk if something does happen and your own comfort (cool enough, warm enough, and so on).

Raven's Rejuvenation
A bruise is a lesson... and each lesson makes us better...
LittleRedNinjette is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 19th, 2014, 01:26 PM   #19
salcuta88
ninjette.org guru

Name: Vlad

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R (Sold), 2015 Rocky Mountain Soul (Runs on fat)

I'm a new rider too. I started looking for uset heltmets, shows, jackets, etc., on ebay and craiglist. Buying used gear will save you a lot of money.
salcuta88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 19th, 2014, 01:36 PM   #20
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Buying used on Craiglist or ebay is an awesome way of saving some money.... With one exception.

Never ever ever buy a used helmet. (Just my own not so humble opinion)

a) you really want someone elses nasty sweat, hair, oils, sneezes, snot, drool, etc near your face?

b) helmets have a limited life span, really how old is that helmet you are buying? Check the tag!

c) while they may never have crashed in it, how often has it been dropped off the handlebar, seat, footpeg, table, or whatever else they have set the helmet on? Each of those impacts, or even just one of those, could cause the interior to break down enough its no longer a suitable shock absorber.

I know how often I drop my helmet, I'll accept the risk from my own stupidity, but I would never borrow/buy another lid and trust my brain to an unknown helmet.

There are enough inexpensive lids out there buying used makes no sense.
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 19th, 2014, 03:09 PM   #21
Worldtraveller
ninjette.org sage

Name: Lane

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 (trackbike), CBR600RR, GS500F

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
don't buy bilt.
It's better than street clothes. I know some guys that race (not just trackdays) in Bilt, and it's held up through more than one crash.

Having said that, you are taking a bit of a chance, IMO. Many of the more reputable manufacters (AGV in particular) have lower cost suits that are still good quality.
Worldtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 19th, 2014, 03:41 PM   #22
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Depending on your needs and expectations, Bilt can be okay. My daily wear boots are Bilt Trackstars. For commuting/touring, they're fine... but I'd never wear them on the track. I wear Bilt base layers as well.

I'd wear a Bilt jacket if it was made as well and fit as well as a name brand. But I haven't found that to be the case.

The Sedici gear is better.

I won't get into the leather debate if the OP is morally opposed to it, but I will share my reason for wearing full leather, head to toe, while riding:

It will protect me better than any other material.

I'm an animal too.... and I value my hide very highly indeed.

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 19th, 2014, 04:08 PM   #23
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
i have a pair of skateboarding pants that have seen 3 crashes and have basically no damage. i also have some old bilt textile pants that tore open when i was walking. also my fault was accidentally melting ally's textiles on her exhaust. cordua melts. cotton doesn't melt. it tears. leather doesn't melt. it tears.

Old August 19th, 2014, 04:20 PM   #24
EsrTek
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): '13 300

Bilt gear works and is better than nothing, but is poor build quality.
I'd never use any Bilt stuff as main part of gear!

Every bilt piece I have ever tried, has fallen apart during normal use. Stitching coming undone, zippers breaking etc.
From gloves, boots, under layers (both thermal and summer versions) to heated gloves.
Not 1 ever seen a crash, and not 1 made it through 3mo's of use.

Just spend a bit more from the start, if that means wait to get bike...then do that.
It will save you more in the end

Edit: Forgot...Make sure your insurance will cover your gear, and that's that, don't matter what your choice in protection is.
EsrTek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 19th, 2014, 04:21 PM   #25
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
i had a pair of bilt gloves one time... they lasted 3 days of normal riding... which granted i ride a lot but they should last longer than 3 days before the palm starts splitting. i have never had a good experience with bilt gear.

Old August 19th, 2014, 04:35 PM   #26
Whiskey

Name: Morgan

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, 2010 STR 675

Leather is your friend, if you take a fast slide in textiles they will melt, leather will not melt, it'll abrade down eventually, but should save your skin.

Concentrate on helmet, gloves, spine & boots first off, jacket & trousers are slightly less critical, skin can be replaced, brain/spine or serious hands/feet injuries will be permanent

Don't worry about the cow, it's dead already so it won't miss it's skin, there's enough of them to go around & the rest of us will happily BBQ/fry the edible bits... so far today I've had cow, pig & turkey... all were delicious
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 19th, 2014, 04:47 PM   #27
Whiskey

Quote:
Buying used on Craiglist or ebay is an awesome way of saving some money.... With one exception.

Never ever ever buy a used helmet. (Just my own not so humble opinion)

a) you really want someone elses nasty sweat, hair, oils, sneezes, snot, drool, etc near your face?

b) helmets have a limited life span, really how old is that helmet you are buying? Check the tag!

c) while they may never have crashed in it, how often has it been dropped off the handlebar, seat, footpeg, table, or whatever else they have set the helmet on? Each of those impacts, or even just one of those, could cause the interior to break down enough its no longer a suitable shock absorber.

I know how often I drop my helmet, I'll accept the risk from my own stupidity, but I would never borrow/buy another lid and trust my brain to an unknown helmet.

There are enough inexpensive lids out there buying used makes no sense.
Another thing to watch out for is that you're buying real gear, not a knock off. The leathers are bad but watch what they do to the fake helmet...

Link to original page on YouTube.

Old August 19th, 2014, 04:57 PM   #28
MrAtom

MOTM - July '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
Another thing to watch out for is that you're buying real gear, not a knock off. The leathers are bad but watch what they do to the fake helmet...

Link to original page on YouTube.

The people who manufacture this crap are subhuman garbage. Thanks for the heads up.

Old August 19th, 2014, 05:01 PM   #29
Whiskey

Quote:
The people who manufacture this crap are subhuman garbage. Thanks for the heads up.
Yeah, I'd happily see them clad in their own gear & get dragged down the road at 70mph

I have much more respect for the animals I eat/wear than for them

Old August 19th, 2014, 09:26 PM   #30
capt_bugaloo
motorcycle rider

Name: Bruce

Motorcycle(s): '14 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom (silver)

I've got some textile riding gear. For your average street rider it works fine.

I think there's a couple of items you might still want to get as leather though: boots and gloves. I guess somewhere you might be able to get synthetic-material versions of these, but it's hard for me to picture synthetic gloves that would work as well as leather. Do they even make such a thing?

Old August 19th, 2014, 11:59 PM   #31
ninjakuma
Stunts Extraodinar

Name: Ninjakuma

Motorcycle(s): 1999 Ninja 250

I have a pair of Sedici Rapido gloves that cost $50 and are better than many name brand gloves I've seen. Other than that...the bilt and sedici stuff is pretty meh.

Old August 20th, 2014, 07:28 AM   #32
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Name: Tiffani

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Racebike), 2015 FZ-07(Tourer), 2001 KX65(LOL bike)

The only thing worse than buying good gear that killed animals to protect you, is buying gear that supports a company that kills those animals to make such horrible quality products that the deaths aren't even worthwhile.
Zombiphone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 20th, 2014, 09:04 AM   #33
accumack
ninjette.org member

What are going to do for gloves? No leather on your hands when you go down will not end well.

Old August 20th, 2014, 09:14 AM   #34
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R, 02 FZ1, '20 Fat Bob 114

What about stingray leather, I don't think they have feels.
ForceofWill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 20th, 2014, 10:16 AM   #35
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceofWill View Post
What about stingray leather, I don't think they have feels.
The other chicken of the sea?

Stingray is normally a smaller patch for specific areas on a base of leather, but good thinking though.

Old August 20th, 2014, 01:53 PM   #36
Roark
ninjette.org sage

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninjette

If you're a college student, and the bike will strictly be for commuting to/from classes sub-30mph, textile will do fine. Speeds higher will definitely require some leather for premium protection.

How will you use the bike? Knowing that will produce the best answers.

Old August 20th, 2014, 02:00 PM   #37
fishdip

Name: Fish

Motorcycle(s): 250/300

Quote:
So, I don't even have my helmet or permit yet. I'm a college student with a very limited income. I've gone down to my local Cyclegear and seen a lot of Bilt stuff that had tempting pricetags, but I'm a little iffy. What's your opinion on Bilt gear? If you have any recommendations for cheap gear, I'm all ears. Spine/back protection is the BIGGEST thing for me aside from the legally mandatory helmet.

why not get used leather? even peta has given away used fur coats

Old August 20th, 2014, 02:15 PM   #38
ninjakuma
Stunts Extraodinar

If you decide to wear leather with no armor in it you best go to a gymnastics gym and learn how to roll around or expect possible bruises, cracked bones and rash regardless. Get something with some armor or you are taking a chance. Hitting your knee at 40mph without armor is going to do some damage no matter what the material is, leather, kevlar, denim whatever. The reason I don't like armored textile is the armor could be ripped right off the garment too easily. I have thick leather gear with hard armor inside. I wish it were on the outside

Old August 20th, 2014, 11:50 PM   #39
MrAtom

MOTM - July '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roark View Post
If you're a college student, and the bike will strictly be for commuting to/from classes sub-30mph, textile will do fine. Speeds higher will definitely require some leather for premium protection.

How will you use the bike? Knowing that will produce the best answers.
Actually, there are two routes I can take to school. One has a speed limit of 45 mph, and the other is the highway, so 65.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjakuma View Post
If you decide to wear leather with no armor in it you best go to a gymnastics gym and learn how to roll around or expect possible bruises, cracked bones and rash regardless
Haha I know you were joking but I think your answer could possibly have some merit to it. I mean, those parkour guys who jump off of tall buildings and don't get hurt obviously have some level of ability to prevent injury to their body when faced with a lot of force.

Old August 21st, 2014, 12:14 AM   #40
ninjakuma
Stunts Extraodinar

Quote:
Haha I know you were joking but I think your answer could possibly have some merit to it. I mean, those parkour guys who jump off of tall buildings and don't get hurt obviously have some level of ability to prevent injury to their body when faced with a lot of force.
I wasn't joking. It's my job to fall down and teach people how to fall down, occasionally landing on their feet if desired.