ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2013 - 2017 Ninja 300 > 2013 - 2017 Ninja 300 Tech Talk

Old January 22nd, 2013, 04:16 PM   #1
jaybo
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 13 ninja 300, 04 crf 250, 06 yz125

area p tune

I just finished installing my fuel moto micro tuner I bought from Area P. I have not ridden the bike yet due to the few preferred frothy beverages I consumed while installing it. Have to wait until tomorrow for the ride report.

I wanted to comment on How impressed I am with the service and quality of product I got from area P. I ordered last Thursday and they had my tune loaded and shipped out Friday and I got it today. It came with good instructions and the install was very easy. I did not remove the fuel tank as per instructions, just took it loose and blocked it up. I cant wait to ride it in the morning and see how she does!
jaybo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 23rd, 2013, 01:51 PM   #2
jaybo
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 13 ninja 300, 04 crf 250, 06 yz125

Ride report is in.

1. I need to clarify that I do not have a custom tune from area p.
I asked them to load a tune for their full exhaust, snorkel delete and k@n filter.

I do not have area p exhaust, did not delete my snorkel and wont be using a k@n filter.

I do have a de catted stock header and a delkavic tri oval slip on. I cut two 3/4 in holes into the side of the airbox on both sides (after removing the airbox cover and the side panel opposite the airbox access). I will keep the stock foam filter.

2. So with my mods and a tune for different mods my butt dyno says good! I noticed better low and mid into top. The bike has less hit but has better torque and much better top gear roll on. I feel like the tune increased the low to mid to the extent that I cant feel a difference on top because there is less of a hit. It is responsive and seamless to the top of the tack. It does fall off around 12k. It feels like my crf 250 did after putting a 280 kit on. I have no numbers to tell but I like it and am very happy with the outcome.
jaybo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 6th, 2013, 04:09 PM   #3
old3
ninjette.org sage

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300, KTM EXC610SMR

Nice right?

I went to pod filter and rode it a few miles on the open exhaust/panel K&N, Area-P tune. It needed the fuel screws maxed out in mid/high and a few clicks on low too.

I got a tune from Area-P today till the full blown dyno tune for pods is ready. It was for a heavily modded air box so gotta be better.

Well, it is!

I got my low end/mid torque back and actually had to close the fuel screws in mid/high to let it rev without breaking up. I had to adjust the idle down about 150 RPM too. I'm sure I can test & tune it better with a bit of temperature in my favor, Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I can't wait to get the full pod tune, it is running great right now and I just guessed at screw settings as it is frigid outside, slick as monkey shat too, they just greased the roads with salt water in storm prep!

My new front brake gave me a nice 2' skid with one finger! Cold tires, cold roads, salty water and numb fingers do not mix well!
old3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 23rd, 2013, 08:03 PM   #4
ahamay
ninjette.org member

Name: Non-ya

Motorcycle(s): Tree Hundred

Bumping it up as I just got my Area-P tuner today and just finished up the install. Very easy to do and can't wait for my pod filters to arrive Monday so I can go for a ride. Fun day as I also installed a gsxr rear shock, LeoVince full GP corsa exhaust, and the tuner.

Quick question for those of you running the pods, did you also do a block off plate? I just removed the air pump and sealed the top hole until I can order one.
ahamay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 26th, 2013, 10:30 PM   #5
ahamay
ninjette.org member

Gonna e-mail Kerry but looking for a quick response here if possible, just got my k&n pod on and have a check engine light on the console. Is this standard operating procedure for tuner with full exhaust and pod filter? I drilled the center of my pod and installed the air sensor there.
Really hope I did this right and won't be waiting for a new filter before riding?

Old March 27th, 2013, 06:43 AM   #6
kbryant
Area P

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Too many to list

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahamay View Post
Gonna e-mail Kerry but looking for a quick response here if possible, just got my k&n pod on and have a check engine light on the console. Is this standard operating procedure for tuner with full exhaust and pod filter? I drilled the center of my pod and installed the air sensor there.
Really hope I did this right and won't be waiting for a new filter before riding?
Answered your e-mail - "The FI light being on would likely have something to do with what you removed when you took off the oem airbox. We obviously have not as-of-yet done our actual testing with removing the airbox, so I would not know exactly the issue you are having with the "check engine light". Perhaps you simply have an open circuit and/or did not properly ground a sensor you may have removed with the oem airbox"

Perhaps refer to http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...e+light&page=7 post #249 on down. It would appear that David "diwhiteii" has already down some investigating and solutions to this when the airbox is removed.
kbryant is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 27th, 2013, 07:08 AM   #7
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybo View Post
I just finished installing my fuel moto micro tuner I bought from Area P. I have not ridden the bike yet due to the few preferred frothy beverages I consumed while installing it. Have to wait until tomorrow for the ride report.

I wanted to comment on How impressed I am with the service and quality of product I got from area P. I ordered last Thursday and they had my tune loaded and shipped out Friday and I got it today. It came with good instructions and the install was very easy. I did not remove the fuel tank as per instructions, just took it loose and blocked it up. I cant wait to ride it in the morning and see how she does!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybo View Post
Ride report is in.

1. I need to clarify that I do not have a custom tune from area p.
I asked them to load a tune for their full exhaust, snorkel delete and k@n filter.

I do not have area p exhaust, did not delete my snorkel and wont be using a k@n filter.

I do have a de catted stock header and a delkavic tri oval slip on. I cut two 3/4 in holes into the side of the airbox on both sides (after removing the airbox cover and the side panel opposite the airbox access). I will keep the stock foam filter.
The only parrt I understood was the frothy beverage consumption.

Old March 27th, 2013, 09:46 AM   #8
ahamay
ninjette.org member

Cool, Thanks for the quick reply! I guess the fuel tank is coming back off so I can ground out some plugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbryant View Post
Answered your e-mail - "The FI light being on would likely have something to do with what you removed when you took off the oem airbox. We obviously have not as-of-yet done our actual testing with removing the airbox, so I would not know exactly the issue you are having with the "check engine light". Perhaps you simply have an open circuit and/or did not properly ground a sensor you may have removed with the oem airbox"

Perhaps refer to http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...e+light&page=7 post #249 on down. It would appear that David "diwhiteii" has already down some investigating and solutions to this when the airbox is removed.

Old March 27th, 2013, 09:53 AM   #9
old3
ninjette.org sage

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300, KTM EXC610SMR

IIRC somebody broke their air temp sensor and had the same CEL. I simply tied my AF sensor to the wiring harness to read it there. Runs great, no lights. Maybe you unplugged the sensor and didn't snap it back in enough?
old3 is offline   Reply With Quote