ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old September 29th, 2012, 02:33 PM   #1
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Getting Fatter

Anyone else? I've come to the realization that I am getting fatter I was feeding my parents cat since they are out of town and saw the scale in their bathroom so I hopped up on it. 210lbs!!! Yeesh! In the back of my mind I kinda knew, stomachs been feeling a bit chunkier and my ass is looking finer than ever.

At the time of my accident I was 200lbs. I know I lost weight after that (including musclemass in my leg) and I'd say I probably dropped down to 190 or so. About 6 weeks after the accident I weighed myself and I was at 197.

I think physical therapy is part of the issue, whenever I put on muscle I also put on fat. In highschool when I started weight lifting I was 6'2, 150lbs, skinnier than all hell and as weak as a 12yr old girl. Every 6 weeks we would have weighins and strength tests and every 6 weeks I'd get much stronger and a bit fatter, at a rate of 10lbs/6weeks until I ended up as my fine 6'2 200lb self.

So I think I'm currently following that trend lol, which is not so great. I think I need to add in some cardio everyday although that's a bit hard since I literally can't run. I can ride a bike though so maybe that's a good option?

And I think I'll start eliminating junk food again. Goddamn goldfish, how many peoples lives have you ruined?!
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2012, 04:45 PM   #2
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

Ride your bike and think about what you eat.

I started eating 5x a day. Breakfast, a nice snack, lunch, nice snack, dinner (and sometimes a nice snack after if I eat early).

The key is to keep those snackable foods out of arms reach, especially if you are doing something. Watching TV, a movie, on the net...etc.

I weighed in at 185 in October. I thought about it, I went up from a 32 to a 34" waist...and I decided I was going to do something about this before it got crazy. So I just changed my diet. I didn't change what I ate at home, no I decided I was going to eat out less. Also, when I eat out, I make better decisions about what I eat. I am not saying I don't enjoy the foods I love, I'm saying I just get smaller portions if I don't wish to do a healthier option (mmmm...Mexican food).

A simple change in portion sizes and just look for healthier options when dining out, and it will start to come off on its own (when supplemented with some cardio).

I highly recommend a bicycle.

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2012, 05:07 PM   #3
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
I usually have 1-2 meals a day lol. I don't eat a lot of fast food, except for subway, I have a sandwich there nearly everyday, turkey or ham with lots of veggies. No matter what time I get up I'm not hungry in the morning. If I get up at 6 I'll want something to eat around 10-12. I suppose I could eat less in one sitting, usually for lunch I'll have a footlong from subway, I'll try a 6 inch instead.

And a bike, wonder if I should just go buy one... I might be more inclined to use it of I do.
AFM #676

Old September 29th, 2012, 05:20 PM   #4
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Ok, I just took my brothers bike around 2 blocks and holy **** is that hard. Not so much the pedaling but controlling the bike, its so ****ing light compared to a motorcycle I didn't know what to do! lmfao

That bike is too small and pretty uncomfortable though. I think I'll go down to a bike shop tomorrow and find one in my size
AFM #676

Old September 29th, 2012, 07:14 PM   #5
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

LOL Yeah, totally different beast to the motorcycle.

Exercise will help, but that 2-meals a day is killing your metabolism. At least have a light snack in the morning. Try with a rice cake or something light. You may realize that after you eat that little snack (which many recommend eating within 30-60 minutes after you wake up) you are actually hungry. Not eating in the morning keeps your metabolism out of that "fat burning zone" which eating more often (and small portions) keeps you in. You don't get the blood sugar swing, thus your body is in a constant fat burning state.

Old September 29th, 2012, 07:25 PM   #6
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
LOL Yeah, totally different beast to the motorcycle.

Exercise will help, but that 2-meals a day is killing your metabolism. At least have a light snack in the morning. Try with a rice cake or something light. You may realize that after you eat that little snack (which many recommend eating within 30-60 minutes after you wake up) you are actually hungry. Not eating in the morning keeps your metabolism out of that "fat burning zone" which eating more often (and small portions) keeps you in. You don't get the blood sugar swing, thus your body is in a constant fat burning state.
Will do! But some days I don't get up until 12pm
AFM #676

Old September 29th, 2012, 07:34 PM   #7
siebadn
ninjette.org member

Name: Amber

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250

I've started to do a lot of the same (not that I am, by any means, a heffer) things; eating better, more often, cutting out sugary drinks and snacks, adding in extra cardio (even if it is parking on the opposite side of the parking lot to walk further). I even fashioned a traingle stand for the back of a mountain bike, so I can spend half of an hour to 45 minutes watching my favorite show and exercising.

The only I don't do is weigh myself. I have no idea what my weight is, but I do know my pants are getting looser and I feel better.
siebadn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2012, 07:50 PM   #8
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
Will do! But some days I don't get up until 12pm

Old September 29th, 2012, 07:51 PM   #9
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by siebadn View Post
I've started to do a lot of the same (not that I am, by any means, a heffer) things; eating better, more often, cutting out sugary drinks and snacks, adding in extra cardio (even if it is parking on the opposite side of the parking lot to walk further). I even fashioned a traingle stand for the back of a mountain bike, so I can spend half of an hour to 45 minutes watching my favorite show and exercising.

The only I don't do is weigh myself. I have no idea what my weight is, but I do know my pants are getting looser and I feel better.
Feeling better is what keeps you going at it...so who cares what the scale says?

Old September 29th, 2012, 08:01 PM   #10
siebadn
ninjette.org member

Name: Amber

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250

I agree! No reason to get obsessed with a number!
siebadn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2012, 08:06 PM   #11
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

I just know my pre-lifestyle change weight because of the DR visit. Then I measured again 3 months later to find I lost 20lbs. lol

Now I just check it maybe once a week or so. 5lbs fluctuation is normal between days. So unless I see a number over that weight in change, then I'll see if I need to change something. Normally it is related to my food choices, so I just remind myself to choose better. I got down to 160 at one point. I mainly stayed around 162. After my last vacation, I hit 172. Now I am trending back down. I was at 168 today before I left for work. So I know it was just the food and lack of exercise on the boat (I did manage to squeeze in a couple of small workouts).

Old September 30th, 2012, 12:53 AM   #12
Aggrotech
ninjette.org sage

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 12' Ninja 250

whatever you eat normally simply take a quarter out of that portion and add that much more water. But yeah...energy drinks, sodas...anything with sugar = terribad.

Its how i helped my fatass friend drop weight so he could get into sports again.
Aggrotech is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 30th, 2012, 12:57 PM   #13
CynicalC
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

Fatass.

Old September 30th, 2012, 01:38 PM   #14
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Well Apex, I'm taking your advice, check it. Half a sandwhich

AFM #676

Old September 30th, 2012, 04:29 PM   #15
userjh160
ninjette.org guru

Name: Malinda

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R

We are having the same problem here, our problem is that since we got our bikes, we have pretty much stopped going to the gym. When my husband gets home from work, we have dinner and rush out to go for a nice ride then by the time we get home gotta take the dog out then try to spend a little time with them, maybe get on the computer for a while and then it is too late to do anything so we get ready for bed. All the excuses not to exercise are showing! Gotta get back to the gym!
userjh160 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 30th, 2012, 05:02 PM   #16
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
^ same, my diet hasn't changed all that much but my activity has gone down, mostly from not being able to work
AFM #676

Old September 30th, 2012, 05:05 PM   #17
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
The temptations are tempting....

AFM #676

Old September 30th, 2012, 06:03 PM   #18
userjh160
ninjette.org guru

Name: Malinda

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R

OMG, Oreos, I have not had one in a long time, they look sooooo good
userjh160 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 30th, 2012, 06:16 PM   #19
250rr

Motorcycle(s): Cheap Italian Suit. Otherwise known as Dew Kitty

@Jiggles. If you buy a bike make sure you get somebody who knows what they're doing to size you to it. Especially important after your recent surgery. I bought my Cervelo used, but I knew the frame size I needed before I bought it.
250rr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 30th, 2012, 06:20 PM   #20
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by 250rr View Post
@Jiggles. If you buy a bike make sure you get somebody who knows what they're doing to size you to it. Especially important after your recent surgery. I bought my Cervelo used, but I knew the frame size I needed before I bought it.
Oops too late. What frame size do different heights need? The one I ordered had two options 18" and 20" I choose 20" is that what you're referring too?
AFM #676

Old September 30th, 2012, 06:27 PM   #21
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Looks like 20" is a bit shorter than what I would need for my height. A 21 or 22" would probably be better, but I could just raise the seat right???
AFM #676

Old September 30th, 2012, 07:10 PM   #22
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

Ive gained like 30 lbs since HS...
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 1st, 2012, 09:38 AM   #23
250rr

Motorcycle(s): Cheap Italian Suit. Otherwise known as Dew Kitty

Quote:
Looks like 20" is a bit shorter than what I would need for my height. A 21 or 22" would probably be better, but I could just raise the seat right???
Every manufacturer is different. But you are correct in that you can raise the seat. However, depending on the frame, you can only raise it so much before you start having to maybe add a longer stem for the handle bars. There is a limit to that as well, again depending on the frame and the geometry of the bike. I'm guessing Apex is probably better equipped to handle this question.

One option is to just try it and see how it fits. Trust me, don't do too much research. The bike money pit is not unlike the motorcycle money pit. The more you know about stuff, the more you want to buy stuff.
250rr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 1st, 2012, 10:59 AM   #24
Heed

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): None yet, yet.

Nope. I wish I was 35 lbs heavier and 3 inches taller, but I don't think I've grown at all in the last year.

You can't really gain much muscle mass without gaining any amount of fat, though. Maybe I should bulk up this winter.

Old October 1st, 2012, 06:16 PM   #25
CynicalC

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

Shouldn't that polenta be in the fridge?

Old October 1st, 2012, 06:48 PM   #26
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalC View Post
Shouldn't that polenta be in the fridge?
Idk what that is but I assume you mean the tube of weirdness. Uhm idk, its my parents crap.

It is now day 2 of my diet. The temptation of cookies is an ever present danger to my mission but so far I have managed to fend it off. I ordered a bicycle (damn its hard to find a good bike for under $200) that should be arriving this week. Hopefully when I have junk food cravings I can just go pedal around instead.
AFM #676

Old October 1st, 2012, 10:24 PM   #27
Heed

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): None yet, yet.

You got a lot of junk food but nobody ever said you need to eat healthy to lose weight.

Get some celery and dip it in peanut butter. Best cutting snack ever.

Old October 1st, 2012, 11:36 PM   #28
Confuzshuz
ninjette.org member

Name: Confuzshuz

Motorcycle(s): 2011 ninja 250r

Quote:
Idk what that is but I assume you mean the tube of weirdness. Uhm idk, its my parents crap.

It is now day 2 of my diet. The temptation of cookies is an ever present danger to my mission but so far I have managed to fend it off. I ordered a bicycle (damn its hard to find a good bike for under $200) that should be arriving this week. Hopefully when I have junk food cravings I can just go pedal around instead.
$200?....WTF did you buy, a barbie tricycle? Cancel your order and go to a bike shop get a proper bike and fitting. You're not gonna find a useable bike for less than $500, and that's a sports chalet off the wall special. A decent aluminum road or full suspension mountain bike will be around $1200-1500.
Confuzshuz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 1st, 2012, 11:57 PM   #29
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Lol, thats a joke
AFM #676

Old October 2nd, 2012, 12:10 AM   #30
Confuzshuz
ninjette.org member

Don't tell me you bought a fixie?

Old October 2nd, 2012, 12:12 AM   #31
xMoises831
ninjette.org guru

Name: Moises

Motorcycle(s): None yet

Quote:
Lol, thats a joke
Get a fixed gear bike and go up hill... you will be dropping pounds like crazy.. my legs are dead after a good couple of miles on a fixed gear bike. How about one of those stationary bicycles they use for exercise? what ever good luck tho.
xMoises831 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 2nd, 2012, 12:14 AM   #32
xMoises831
ninjette.org guru

Name: Moises

Motorcycle(s): None yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confuzshuz View Post
whats wrong with that? they are pretty good bikes. Hes trying to lose weight not go the farthest distance without getting to tired..
xMoises831 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 2nd, 2012, 12:41 AM   #33
Gurk
Done here.

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

I've done a Subway diet before. Not cause of that Jerry douchebag but cause it made sense. Low fat and for the amount of stuff you're eating, pretty low calories. I had 2 footers per day and some cereal in the mornings. I also hiked everyday. I was 152lbs summer 2010. now i'm 195lbs. lol

working on it though. gimme 5-6 months.
Gurk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 2nd, 2012, 01:07 AM   #34
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confuzshuz View Post
idk what that is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurk View Post
I've done a Subway diet before. Not cause of that Jerry douchebag but cause it made sense. Low fat and for the amount of stuff you're eating, pretty low calories. I had 2 footers per day and some cereal in the mornings. I also hiked everyday. I was 152lbs summer 2010. now i'm 195lbs. lol

working on it though. gimme 5-6 months.
Well I eat subway a lot anyway, better than fast food! Now I'm just cutting my portions down from a footlong to a 6 inch
AFM #676

Old October 2nd, 2012, 02:26 AM   #35
Gurk
Done here.

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

Quote:
idk what that is

Well I eat subway a lot anyway, better than fast food! Now I'm just cutting my portions down from a footlong to a 6 inch
I honestly don't think you have to. I dunno about you but I burn around 1800 calories (29 yrs, 5'7", 195lbs) everyday even if I lie down and not move.

So if I eat 1800 calories, I already have around 300 calories deficit from just regular activity as an inactive person.

If I burn 500 calories every day with a form of exercise (which is really not that hard to do) that totals a 800 deficit per day..

Back to my point,

1 foot Turkey Breast on wheat. Lettuce, olives, onions, extra mustard = 560-580 cal.

Lays Baked Chips = 120 cal.

Total = 700 cal

2 meals = 1400 cal.

Be careful about eating less. If you want, you can eat 6" at a time but what I would do is get the full footlong and eat one half as main course then eat next half in between meals. Much healthier that way. My habit is bad. I get really hungry and eat the whole thing. I can still lose weight but it's not ideal for the body.

I'm sure you know but when you eat like 1400 while your body burns 1800 with no activity, you lose weight for a while but you go in starve mode. 2 things happen. you burn muscle. and your body gets used to 1400 intake. After you start eating 1800 again all those extra 400 cals are stored as fat for a few weeks unless you do the extra exercise work.
Gurk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 2nd, 2012, 08:16 AM   #36
Confuzshuz
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMoises831 View Post
whats wrong with that? they are pretty good bikes. Hes trying to lose weight not go the farthest distance without getting to tired..
Picture this:

Jiggles orders an fixie for $200.

Jiggles rides the fixie up the driveway for the first time.

Fixie for sale......

I hate those things with a passion because they are inefficient.....effing hipsters.

Old October 2nd, 2012, 08:27 AM   #37
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

I got a nice/decent bike for $320.

Old October 2nd, 2012, 08:40 AM   #38
Confuzshuz
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by massacremasses View Post
I got a nice/decent bike for $320.
new or used? road, mountain (suspension)?

how serious are you about riding?

Old October 2nd, 2012, 09:06 AM   #39
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

new/mountain/front shocks/hard tail/semi serious

Old October 2nd, 2012, 09:21 AM   #40
broken neck
ninjette.org guru

Name: Thomas

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R Special Edition (sold), 2017 CRF250 Rally

Quote:
Ok, I just took my brothers bike around 2 blocks and holy **** is that hard. Not so much the pedaling but controlling the bike, its so ****ing light compared to a motorcycle I didn't know what to do! lmfao

That bike is too small and pretty uncomfortable though. I think I'll go down to a bike shop tomorrow and find one in my size
Go get yourself a big downhill rig and throw in some 26 X 3.0 mud tires. it won't feel light at all and for the same price you'll get a hell of a work out pedaling it around...

héhéhéhéhéhéhéhéhéhéhéhé...
broken neck is offline   Reply With Quote