ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Riding Skills

Old June 13th, 2012, 09:19 AM   #1
Tenacious_Me
ninjette.org member

Name: Linda

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r

1.2.3....MSF saved my ass.

I got my moto april 30th. Started slow, practiced in a huge lot, took some residential roads, then progressed to more, added in some slower speed 40-45mph roads with twisties...freeway (ah..not my favorite, less fun and more getting from point A to point B, but all right, not afraid of it)...I have been riding as much as possible and I have found a couple favorite roads that have some great curves and switch backs to learn on.
Last Saturday I decided to show my partner in crime my favorite route. We were having a blast, and I was leading. Now 90% of the time I've gone out, there has been a car that has *almost* tried to run me over... they just didn't see me. But nothing major, because I was uber aware of the others on the road.
Saturday wasn't really any different, except...when the lady in the SUV decided to cut me off it was when I was mid curve, and at a higher speed (40mph) than the other incidents.
Yep, this n00b was mid curve (and although 40mph is not fast, it was within my skill level) lady pulls out and calmly I think:
1. Straighten up
2. Squeeze brakes
3. Swerve
4.(and then I added FLIP THE IDIOT OFF) As she gives me a dirty look...

At the next stop sign my partner pulls up next to me:
"Holy ****! Are you ok?"
"Yeah! I'M PISSED!"
"Your ok? Just Pissed?" He asks with seeming disbelief.
"Yeah the ****** stupid ***** ****** ***!!!!!" I shout back sounding more like a truck driver than his girlfriend.
"You handled that really well. I though it was all over."

He couldn't see it because of my helmet but I smiled and thought Thank God I took the Basic Rider course... it all just clicked in my head....1.2.3. Without it I'm sure I would've just grabbed brake and either high sided or low sided right into the back of that B***s SUV.
Tenacious_Me is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 13th, 2012, 09:43 AM   #2
Stingray1000
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Glad you're ok brat!
Stingray1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 13th, 2012, 11:33 AM   #3
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
You did very well, Linda; way to ride!
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 13th, 2012, 11:41 AM   #4
mustang5.0
ninjette.org guru

Name: E

Motorcycle(s): 2011 GIXXER 600

word up.. its not you.. most cagers are to busy doing other sh%t while driving.. i almost got hit twice in 1/2 mile stretch, head on, on a surface road..doing 35

Old June 13th, 2012, 04:46 PM   #5
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Whoo-hoo!! Saves rock, and good for you! That training and things your instructor said will come back to you at other critical times, at least, that's been my experience!

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote