ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old January 10th, 2011, 11:21 PM   #1
cal95050
ninjette.org member

Name: C---

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250

Skidmarx Hugger (Carbon Fiber)

Based on the exchange rate, I paid $210.00 for this hugger, in the carbon fiber, plus whatever the shipping was. This UK company has a US distributor in Truckee, California. Maybe I paid more, they did not bother to give me a receipt.

And the product they sent me, for the price, is totally unacceptable.

The product was not damaged in the shipping. It was well packed.

But when I pulled it out and inspected it closely, there is a huge crack in it.

And there are bubbles in the finish. Is this even normal in a product?
Did anyone even bother to check this product before shipping it to me?

It installs easy, but the bracket is ridiculously ugly, does not line up correctly, and is surprisingly amateurish.

It looks nice enough, but I cannot believe the level of this product for what I paid for it.

Last futzed with by cal95050; January 10th, 2011 at 11:24 PM. Reason: links
cal95050 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 11th, 2011, 12:02 AM   #2
Cazper
ninjaholic

Name: Dustin

Motorcycle(s): 09' SE 250R (sold), 03' ZX-6R, 99' XL1200C SP

If I were you I would contact the company and see what they are willing to do for you. For that kind of money I too would expect a better product. I would see what their return policy is... and or see if they are willing to give you any kind of incentive for their shotty craftsmanship. Good luck...
Cazper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 11th, 2011, 12:11 AM   #3
sherjay
ninjette.org member

Name: Xtian

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r SE

That's pretty f#€'d up. The bubbles r a common problem with creating/manufacturing carbon fiber products. But cmon... there's something wrong with their quality control. ?? The crack is just plain silly. I mean what the hell r they thinking. That sucks man. Can u return it? I hope so. I have the same love for carbon fiber products. They're so appealing to me. The problem is that they're pricey. I feel your pain. I hope everything works out for you.
sherjay is offline   Reply With Quote