ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old March 26th, 2024, 01:21 PM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[roadracingworld.com] - Chaplain Tim Burleson, R.I.P.

Tim Burleson, a longtime chaplain to the motorcycle road racing community, died March 21 under hospice care at his home in Little River, South Carolina. The cause of death was […]

The post Chaplain Tim Burleson, R.I.P. appeared first on Roadracing World Magazine | Motorcycle Riding, Racing & Tech News.

Tim Burleson, a longtime chaplain to the motorcycle road racing community, died March 21 under hospice care at his home in Little River, South Carolina. The cause of death was multiple myeloma complicated by kidney failure. He was 69.

Burleson provided at-track chapel services and spiritual support, liaised with medical facilities, and officiated weddings for AMA Pro, WERA, and other motorcycle road racers and their families for years and for a time was an official chaplain for Motor Racing Outreach (MRO). In addition, he sometimes stepped up to fill various roles with racing organizations when they were short on staff.

When not at the racetrack, Burleson served as the Pastor at North United Methodist Church and Trinity United Methodist Church, both located in North, South Carolina.

Burleson was also a passionate fan of the Mountaineers football team at Appalachian State University in North Carolina, from where he received a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1977. He was also a graduate of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary School.

He is survived by his wife of 27 years Caroline, son Tim G. Burleson, stepson Greg Bradham, stepdaughter Anita Bradham, and five grandchildren.

Memorial services are still pending and will be announced here when they become available.

The post Chaplain Tim Burleson, R.I.P. appeared first on Roadracing World Magazine | Motorcycle Riding, Racing & Tech News.