Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Notices

Old March 20th, 2016, 02:00 PM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[visordown.com] - Rossi signs twoyear extension with Yamaha

YAMAHA have announced that nine-time World Champion Valentino Rossi will remain with them for the next two years.

During the first round of the 2016 MotoGP World Championship Movistar Yamaha MotoGP have announced that Rossi will be part of their rider line-up for 2017 and 2018.

‘The Doctor’ has taken fifteen podiums and four strong Grand Prix victories in the last year and Yamaha are confident in their partnership which will continue to grow over the next two year’s as they see the Italian as a serious title contender for 2016 and the following seasons.

Speaking about the contract renewal, Rossi explained: ‘I am very happy to announce that Yamaha and I have extended our contract and will continue working together in MotoGP for the next two years.

‘I am very satisfied with this decision, because it has always been my plan to compete in motorsports for as long as I can be competitive and find it enjoyable at the same time.

‘Ever since I returned to Yamaha in 2013 I have felt like I am home again and this showed in the results. I get great enjoyment out of working with my crew and the rest of the Movistar Yamaha MotoGP team.

‘Their support for me has known no limit and I want to thank them sincerely for that. I‘m feeling greatly motivated to keep riding my YZR-M1 for the best results possible, this year and the following two seasons.’

Concluding, the MotoGP legend said: ‘I also want to say a big 'Thank You' to my fans, who are always behind me every step of the way, making the races extra special. I will keep pushing at each and every Grand Prix so we can all keep enjoying MotoGP for more years to come!’

Yamaha’s Managing Director Lin Jarvis believes this will be ‘music to the ears of Yamaha fans and MotoGP fans around the world.

Speaking at Qatar, Jarvis commented: ‘I cannot think of a better way to start a new season than for both parties to make this strong commitment.

‘From Vale‘s side a statement of commitment to the sport he loves and towards the Yamaha brand; from Yamaha‘s side a confirmation of the recognition to the rider that has brought us 4 MotoGP world titles and who remains so passionate about his sport and is still highly competitive, as proven by his two 2nd positions in the last two seasons.

Jarvis continued: ‘When Vale returned home in 2013 it was “a decision for life”. This new Agreement confirms that Vale will indeed finish his motorcycle racing career with Yamaha.

‘Before that however all Yamaha fans can enjoy three full seasons of exciting performances from “the Doctor” as he challenges to win his 10th World Title for the Movistar Yamaha MotoGP team.’

Related Content

Rossi happy with improved Michelin tyres
Rossi and Lorenzo talk Michelin tyres
Yamaha unveils 2016 YZR-M1 MotoGP bike
Rossi frustrated with lack of laps
Rossi impressed with YZR-M1 improvements

Click here for full story...