ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Notices

Old October 17th, 2011, 06:11 PM   #41
gadgetguy1288
Coastie Tweet

Name: Randy

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R Ebony, 2012 BMW F800R White

Would anybody thats bought one of these want to scan/email me a copy of the directions? Mine didn't come with any and I didn't find any on the website. Id start it on my own but I dont feel comfortable tearing into my bike like that with nothing to go on just yet considering I've only had it about a month.
gadgetguy1288 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 17th, 2011, 06:22 PM   #42
Mazakawi
ninjette.org member

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetguy1288 View Post
Would anybody thats bought one of these want to scan/email me a copy of the directions? Mine didn't come with any and I didn't find any on the website. Id start it on my own but I dont feel comfortable tearing into my bike like that with nothing to go on just yet considering I've only had it about a month.
I have one and it didn't come with any directions.
Mazakawi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 17th, 2011, 06:40 PM   #43
Dat_Ninja_There
Shinobi Rider

Name: Seth

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Passion Red Ninja 250R

I dont have my directions anymore, they kinda sucked anyways, but look here
Dat_Ninja_There is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 17th, 2011, 07:41 PM   #44
gadgetguy1288
Coastie Tweet

I decided to just go for it anyways, figured if I screwed something up oh well, lessons learned, so far so good though just buttoning everything back up now. Will post pics in a bit.

ETA Pics:

Old October 17th, 2011, 11:37 PM   #45
robmilchling
ninjette.org guru

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): '09 Triumph Daytona 675

projekt d emailed me directions a few days after I ordered the kit. It doesn't really go into detail for anything, especially what would have been the most helpful which is how to access/remove the original fender.
robmilchling is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 17th, 2011, 11:40 PM   #46
gadgetguy1288
Coastie Tweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmilchling View Post
projekt d emailed me directions a few days after I ordered the kit. It doesn't really go into detail for anything, especially what would have been the most helpful which is how to access/remove the original fender.
It wasn't that hard, just remove both seats remove the plastic and rear fenders, unhook the blinkers, tail and tag lights, then take out the 4 allen bolts holding the old fender on. After that its pretty simple to take the lights off of the old one and put em on the the new one then put everything back together. Just make sure your blinkers are hooked up right before you button everything backe up(ask me why lol) I can take mine apart again tomorrow and put it all back together if you need it.

Old October 18th, 2011, 05:58 AM   #47
robmilchling
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetguy1288 View Post
It wasn't that hard, just remove both seats remove the plastic and rear fenders, unhook the blinkers, tail and tag lights, then take out the 4 allen bolts holding the old fender on. After that its pretty simple to take the lights off of the old one and put em on the the new one then put everything back together. Just make sure your blinkers are hooked up right before you button everything backe up(ask me why lol) I can take mine apart again tomorrow and put it all back together if you need it.
It was pretty straight forward. I just brought this up because people have mentioned instructions for it, and the ones they give are not really worthwhile. The only thing that gave me any real trouble when I did mine was removing the turn signals from the original bracket, they were oddly tight. Other than being a little tedious at points it isn't bad at all.

Old October 18th, 2011, 06:34 AM   #48
GateKeeper
ninjette.org member

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): 250 Ninja - Soon

How was the fit and finish ? was it all tight, or like some it was not quite aligned ? and left gaps.

do you have any close up pictures ?

By the way other than one person I saw, anyone else order this and your from the North, that is Canada, did you pay extra for tax/duties/shipping, etc ?
GateKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 18th, 2011, 10:16 AM   #49
W8INLINE
ninjette.org member

Name: George

Motorcycle(s): 2011 black 250r

I'm in MArkham and no, I didnt pay anything extra. With mine, it fits almost exactly like factory piece. If you want we can meet up sometime so you can see it up close.

I also used t option for no factory signals...something I havent seen anyone use with project d kits
W8INLINE is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 18th, 2011, 10:50 AM   #50
robmilchling
ninjette.org guru

I wanted to use that, but I'm trying to decrease the number of reasons that local law enforcement can pull me over for and I do a lot of commuting and city riding so I wanted to retain those signals.

Old October 18th, 2011, 11:25 AM   #51
W8INLINE
ninjette.org member

Name: George

Motorcycle(s): 2011 black 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmilchling View Post
I wanted to use that, but I'm trying to decrease the number of reasons that local law enforcement can pull me over for and I do a lot of commuting and city riding so I wanted to retain those signals.
I agree with you. That's why I think the project D kit is awesome. It comes with both options, so you can have it changed over in less than an hour. I should also say that I do have fully functional signal lights though... I added the custom LED tail light. My signals are just as bright as the factory ones.
W8INLINE is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 18th, 2011, 11:47 AM   #52
Mazakawi
ninjette.org member

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

I also have the Projekt D Kit. I've used both tag mounting options now and I really like the placement without the stock turn signals and Tag Light

Pictures in my thread here:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=88569
Mazakawi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 18th, 2011, 12:08 PM   #53
GateKeeper
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by W8INLINE View Post
I'm in MArkham and no, I didnt pay anything extra. With mine, it fits almost exactly like factory piece. If you want we can meet up sometime so you can see it up close.

I also used t option for no factory signals...something I havent seen anyone use with project d kits
Thanks for the info.....

I don't have the bike yet, and I am waiting for the Toronto Motorcycle Show, perhaps I will be able to strike up a good deal, I am actually buying 2 of the Ninjas....so right now I am in the collection of information phase...lol

Glad I found out about this place, it's certainly has a wealth of information and a great bunch of members.....

Cheers

As for meeting up, no problem there, we can do it after I get the bikes, or sooner

Old October 18th, 2011, 12:11 PM   #54
GateKeeper
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazakawi View Post
I also have the Projekt D Kit. I've used both tag mounting options now and I really like the placement without the stock turn signals and Tag Light

Pictures in my thread here:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=88569
Yours looks really good as well, looks like a good fit, and the no turn lights makes it really stealth....

Old October 24th, 2011, 09:16 AM   #55
trevor_shiggs
ninjette.org member

Name: Canada

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r

I installed this one in the summer. I like it, just minor fitment issues.

http://www.newninja.com/forums/f98/j...ator-6279.html

Old March 29th, 2017, 07:53 PM   #56
pb3
ninjette.org member

Name: parker

Motorcycle(s): 09 n250, 14 n300, 22 n400

hi all, anyone with a better solution than black tape over the large hole if using the minimus bracket? have an integrated tail lamp, and don't need a plate lamp.

tia,
parker
pb3 is offline   Reply With Quote