ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old January 3rd, 2024, 10:04 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[roadracingworld.com] - Hutchinson Set For Return To North West 200 And Isle Of Man T

IAN HUTCHINSON AND MILENCO PADGETTS HONDA RE-UNITE FOR 2024 BRIGGS NORTH WEST 200   Three-time North West 200 race winner, Ian Hutchinson will be re-united with the Milenco Padgett’s Honda […]

The post Hutchinson Set For Return To North West 200 And Isle Of Man TT appeared first on Roadracing World Magazine | Motorcycle Riding, Racing & Tech News.

IAN HUTCHINSON AND MILENCO PADGETTS HONDA RE-UNITE FOR 2024 BRIGGS NORTH WEST 200

Three-time North West 200 race winner, Ian Hutchinson will be re-united with the Milenco Padgett’s Honda squad for a full-scale onslaught on the Superbike, Superstock and Supersport races at the 2024 Briggs North West 200 in May.

The move marks another inspiring comeback for the 44 year old during a career that has seemed to be an almost relentless battle against injury and illness since he last raced full-time with the Yorkshire-based team during 2010.

Hutchinson’s stunning ten race winning run with the Padgett’s team at that season’s NW200, Isle of Man TT, Ulster Grand Prix and Scarborough Gold Cup ended when he sustained a serious leg injury at Silverstone in September 2010.

After enduring more than 40 operations, the ‘Bingley Bullet’ eventually fought his way back into contention to claim victory in the 2013 Macau Grand Prix plus, a third win at the NW200 in 2016 and eight more TT triumphs before he crashed and broke his leg again during the 2017 Senior TT.

Battling back to fitness again, Hutchy returned to road racing with Honda in 2018, riding a Padgetts prepared CBR600RR to 7th and 16th place finishes in the Supersport class at the NW200.

After Covid wiped out the major road races during 2020 and 2021, Hutchy returned to action in 2022 before being hit by yet another health scare when he suffered a stroke while cycling in Spain during February 2023.

“I was well prepared for 2023 with a lot of testing and training in Spain before I had the stroke.” Hutchinson says.

“It was taken away from me again but I have done what I’ve always done and carried on training. I’ve done it for years and years. I did it when I had a frame on my leg after 2010 so that I can be ready to go when I need to be because I have never thought it was time to quit. Despite everything that has happened I have always wanted to keep racing.”

After numerous medical tests, including extra interventions imposed by the sport’s governing body, the ACU, the Yorkshireman has been given a clean bill of health and his race licence is set to be renewed on March 1.

Hutchy has not been sitting on his hands waiting for that process to be completed. After taking part in a recent track day at Croft he has been riding in Spain, including an outing at Almeria on the Milenco Superstock-spec Honda he will ride in 2024.

“I am a realist.” he says.

“It would be a miracle to come back and win. I made it happen in Macau in 2013 after the 2010 crash. I never gave up on it then. I know where I am now and I know where I can be. Only I can see that.”

“We are delighted to be racing with Hutchy at the North West 200 again.” team boss, Clive Padgett, says.

“‘It is a match made in heaven. Our record-breaking winning run together began at the North West in 2010 and it is a meeting that has always been close to our hearts.”

More, from a press release issued by Isle of Man TT Press Office:

HUTCHINSON REUNITES WITH MILENCO BY PADGETTS FOR TT RETURN

16-time race winner Ian Hutchinson has confirmed his return to the Isle of Man TT, reuniting with the Milenco by Padgett’s Motorcycles team with which he claimed a historic five-in-a-week back in 2010.

The announcement will see the Yorkshire partnership contest the RST Superbike, RL360 Superstock, and Milwaukee Senior TT Races on board the Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade SP, and the two Monster Energy Supersport Races on the new CBR600RR.

Hutchinson returns to racing on the TT Mountain Course after being forced to withdraw from last year’s event when he suffered a stroke before the start of the season. Despite making a swift and full recovery – returning to training in a matter of weeks – standard protocol with motorcycle racing’s governing body meant he was forced to watch from the sidelines for a 12-month period.

A feat that is still yet to be matched, Hutchinson became the first and only man to take five race victories at a single TT riding Padgett’s machinery back in 2010. 2018 saw him ride for the Batley-based team in Supersport class, but 2024 will be the first time that Hutchinson has been with the team across all classes since their momentous accomplishment.

With 16 TT titles to his name, Hutchinson is the fourth most successful racer in TT history and is still the fifth-fastest of all time, having lapped at over 133mph back in 2016.

Ian Hutchinson: “I’m really pleased to be back with Clive and the team. I think that the way that I work and the team works just fits right. Clive puts together a bike you know you can get on and ride fast straightaway. With injuries, COVID and missing last year, I don’t feel as though I’ve had a good run at the TT since 2017 and so it’s ideal to be with the team that can let me get the laps which is what I need.”

“We’ve already been out testing in Spain and we’re back out again to Portugal and Spain in the next few weeks, plus we’ve plenty more track time in the run up to TT so I’m really looking forward to what 2024 can bring.”

Clive Padgett, Milenco by Padgett’s Motorcycles Team Principal: “We’re absolutely delighted to have Ian back into the Padgett’s racing family. We’ve a long, enjoyable and highly successful relationship that goes back many, many years and it’s an honour to be back working together again across all the classes.”

“He’s had one hell of a journey since that incredible year in 2010, but there is no denying the man’s determination and I don’t think you can ever rule him out of getting a top finish. I truly believe in him but regardless of the results, I think having him back with the team is just a fantastic story for the sport and for the TT.”

The post Hutchinson Set For Return To North West 200 And Isle Of Man TT appeared first on Roadracing World Magazine | Motorcycle Riding, Racing & Tech News.