ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Notices

Old April 22nd, 2011, 11:14 AM   #81
AzEKnightz
ninjette.org member

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250r SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayanlam View Post
latest next week ill get a price for you guys. still staying home after my confrontation with the asphalt on Monday, to let the wounds heal up
get some rest and heal up! By the way, what had happened?

-AzEKnightz
AzEKnightz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 22nd, 2011, 07:15 PM   #82
wayanlam
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Wayan

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Z250

well through the miracle of facebook, i got the price from a friend for the koso gauge cluster.

it currently costs 3.000.000 Rp over here, at the present exchange that is around $350

we do not have any option for the gear indicator over here with these plug and play kits. it would be something that you guys would need to do additionally on your own.

shipping i wouldn't know what it costs yet. that ill need to find out next week.

W.

Old April 22nd, 2011, 07:25 PM   #83
Bo0stZomb13
ninjette.org member

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 09 ninja 250r

Quote:
well through the miracle of facebook, i got the price from a friend for the koso gauge cluster.

it currently costs 3.000.000 Rp over here, at the present exchange that is around $350

we do not have any option for the gear indicator over here with these plug and play kits. it would be something that you guys would need to do additionally on your own.

shipping i wouldn't know what it costs yet. that ill need to find out next week.

W.
Does the us version come with gear indicator?
Bo0stZomb13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 22nd, 2011, 08:25 PM   #84
wayanlam

that's for the whole set: koso RX2 spedo, custom fiberglass bracket, voltmeter, temp sensors, electronic speed sensor and the P&P wiring.

the gear indicator is an optional piece that you buy from Koso. you can probably buy it separately and install it as well.

W.

Old April 22nd, 2011, 08:27 PM   #85
AMMOCAN
SLIME-R

Name: AMMOCAN

Motorcycle(s): *SOLD* '10 Kawasaki 250R SE A.K.A. SLIME-R *SOLD*

Good deal!

Old April 22nd, 2011, 08:59 PM   #86
bp328i
ninjette.org member

Name: Bruce

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250

Quote:

W.
Quote:
that's for the whole set: koso RX2 spedo, custom fiberglass bracket, voltmeter, temp sensors, electronic speed sensor and the P&P wiring.

the gear indicator is an optional piece that you buy from Koso. you can probably buy it separately and install it as well.

W.
I'm very new on here, first I would like to say I'm sorry to hear about what happend to you and your bike. I hope you feel better soon. I would be 100% interested in buying one of these setups once your feeling better.
bp328i is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 22nd, 2011, 10:02 PM   #87
wayanlam

since the accident caused my speedometer cluster to pop out (bracket and all):

see, no speedometer, lol (its still working thought, just has a couple nicks and scratches, might need to buy a new bracket if i cant fix this one).

i can get mine packaged and bring it to the post to get a price to send it to CA. to the other states it should cost roughly the same. however it would still be an estimate, since the water/oil sensors and speed sensors are still on my bike and all of that weighs a little too. but at lease we would have a ballpark figure~

i would like to follow this up on another thread:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showp...81&postcount=1

since there are some other members interested in some other parts too. then at least we have it all in one thread.

W.

Old April 23rd, 2011, 09:22 AM   #88
Gyrix
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R

Hey Guys,

I'm having a problem getting my Koso RX2N gauge to turn on. I've only connected the red power wire,the brown main switch wire, and the neutral light wire in an attempt to have the gauge power up before I start connecting the rest. However when I turn the ignition on, the gauge doesn't power up... Any thoughts? Do all of the wires (or just specific ones) have to be connected before it will power on?

Any help would be much appreciated as it sounds like a quite a few of you have gotten them installed and working perfectly.

Cheers,
Gyrix
Gyrix is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 23rd, 2011, 12:09 PM   #89
dyeforever
ninjette.org member

Name: Jesse

Motorcycle(s): 04 250r(sold), 09 250r(sold), 07 CRF450x, 07 sv650(sold)

you need to ground the gauge also to the frame or straight to the battery with the black wire. make sure it the brown acc wire and not the brown rpm wire. the rpm wire should have a bullet plug on it.
dyeforever is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 23rd, 2011, 09:53 PM   #90
Gyrix
ninjette.org newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyeforever View Post
you need to ground the gauge also to the frame or straight to the battery with the black wire. make sure it the brown acc wire and not the brown rpm wire. the rpm wire should have a bullet plug on it.
Thanks for the reply! However I'm using the correct acc wire (its connected to the red blue wire on the bike, is that the correct one?) and it is grounded, I forgot to mention that.. my bad... any other ideas?

Cheers,
Gyrix

Old April 24th, 2011, 01:37 AM   #91
dyeforever
ninjette.org member

Black/yellow goes to 12v dc and brown goes to red/blue. should work.

Old April 24th, 2011, 07:42 AM   #92
randomwalk101
self wrencher

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 08 250r and 07 600r

Save yourself the headache and buy the plug and play kit for $49. It has everything and you just plug it in and everything works. Take 5 seconds.
randomwalk101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 24th, 2011, 07:43 AM   #93
Gyrix
ninjette.org newbie

Hmm well heres a picture of the two wires (Power and ACC) attached. The ground is just tied to a bolt hole right now. I used to have the power directly running to the +battery but I disconnected that to try just attaching it to the black/yellow wire.

I'm going to go ahead and just order the plug and play kit from KOSO... although at this point I think its the gauge itself thats broken.

Cheers,
Kevin Tomson

Old May 11th, 2011, 05:31 PM   #94
novak2k9
ninjette.org member

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250r

I'm thinking about installing the koso rx2 with pnp adapters..

Only issue is I had to do the 4 led mod as posted here:
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...ghlight=proton

So some wires/diodes were spliced into the turn signal from original dash.

Since the rx2 has an adapter, anyone know how the wiring is done to work with the 4 led mod?
novak2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 12th, 2011, 05:46 AM   #95
randomwalk101
self wrencher

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 08 250r and 07 600r

with Koso, you don't need to do the diodies thing for 4 leds...just take out the stock gauge and put the Koso gauge in...everything will work.
randomwalk101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 17th, 2011, 10:53 PM   #96
Jehtte
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 500r

Looking into this.

I just bought a Ninja 500r, and was wondering if anyone knows if the plug and play kit would work for me. Thanks in advance.

I found this thread through Google, didn't realize this whole forum was a 250r forum... My bad...

Last futzed with by Jehtte; May 17th, 2011 at 11:00 PM. Reason: derp
Jehtte is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 18th, 2011, 12:29 AM   #97
dyeforever
ninjette.org member

It wouldnt be a plug and play but you can use the a harness and tap into the necessary wires to make the gauge work.

Old July 6th, 2011, 07:34 PM   #98
Outlander Systems
ninjette.org Tengu

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

Does anyone want to recommend a source for the Koso gauge w/Voltmeter & Plug-and-Play kit.

A reputable source would be nice.
Outlander Systems is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 6th, 2011, 09:17 PM   #99
wayanlam

ive helped several members obtain some. they were sent over in May.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=70520

im in the process of sending one RX2 + voltmeter set and also a HID projector set over soon.

there is also another person interested in the koso kit that just contacted me. we could maybe look into organizing a small group buy, which would help reduce the shipping cost.

however, since its most likely that you guys live in different areas, or even states in the US, then whoever is receiving the package needs to forward it to the others, which will cost a little more to ship nationally, but im certain that overall it will cost less than shipping the parts directly from here. but that's up to you guys

Old July 7th, 2011, 02:53 AM   #100
Outlander Systems
ninjette.org Tengu

Can anyone identify this voltmeter? This may be the slickest setup I've seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz70p-PBrzM

Old July 7th, 2011, 02:58 AM   #101
wayanlam

i have both voltmeters here, let me take some close up pictures for you, and ill post them up.

Old July 7th, 2011, 03:30 AM   #102
wayanlam

the one missing the actual speedo is mine, since im using the speedo without the bracket since i don't have any farings atm.

OFF,

ON!

OFF,

ON!

ill post the video of the Koso voltmeter starting up once its done uploading onto youtube

the vidoe link posted previously is using the Autogauge voltmeter:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz70p-PBrzM

Old July 7th, 2011, 03:58 AM   #103
wayanlam

http://youtu.be/K4mB_OmGezc

there is the other voltmeter starting up

Old July 10th, 2011, 09:42 AM   #104
Outlander Systems
ninjette.org Tengu

wayanlam, awesome, man. Thanks for taking the time to post all the info up.

Are the bezels and plug and play kit already setup for the voltmeters? I definitely want one with the VM.

So, ah, how do we go about getting this GB started. I need this guage!

Old July 10th, 2011, 10:12 AM   #105
wayanlam

the biggest issue with these so called GB, is that im here in Bali, and the goods when sent as a "GB" needs to be redistributed once it reaches America.

last time it all fell in place nicely cause my girlfriend was going to las vegas for the HD show, and by chance a fellow member who wanted something was willing to take all the parts and send it on to all the other members.

so basically there has to be someone in the states that is taking up the responsibility of receiving the goods, and then forwarding on the parts for the others. that needs to be done between you guys. i would only be held responsible for finding the parts that are ordered, and sending it over to the appointed person.

if that fails, you can always just get me to buy and send you your piece on its own, hehe... done that twice already, and about to send another package next week once i get the HID projector kit from the shop.

i have been giving the actual shop price that it costs me here to buy. last time there was some issues with the paypal payment, which cut 4% of my incoming money, and that left me with less money than i actually paid, lol... to avoid that i am considering to ask for about 10~15% or something, to cover the paypal charges, and for the time i spend organizing this on my side, since it does end up taking up a lot of time to do this. something i ddint think it would have, but.... i learnt from experience, hehe

so, feel free to start a new thread, ill help and follow it up

Old July 10th, 2011, 10:40 AM   #106
Outlander Systems
ninjette.org Tengu

Wayan, I'll take up the slack on this end if a GB goes down. I'm also willing to do a individual order, and compensate you accordingly as well.

If anyone else chimes in, I'll start a GB thread. If not, let me know what I need to do to get one of 'em from ya!

Old July 10th, 2011, 05:15 PM   #107
Azhyen
ninjette.org Pirate

Name: Seph

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

How much would they be if you were to do a GB?

Old July 10th, 2011, 05:31 PM   #108
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Motorcycle(s): 2006 zx636r

I'm interested also, and No matter what will get this gauge at some point. If its a good price right now i'll buy it. If not I'll be buying it later down

Old July 10th, 2011, 06:24 PM   #109
Outlander Systems
ninjette.org Tengu

Well there's three of us. Wayan, shoot me a price on the full setup with VM, and I'll start the GB thread.

Old July 10th, 2011, 07:25 PM   #110
wayanlam

Koso kit RX2 (custom bezel + P&P koso set + volt meter) $355
Koso kit RX2 (custom bezel + P&P koso set + WITHOUT volt meter) $296
Koso kit RX2N (custom bezel + P&P koso set + volt meter) = $355
Koso kit RX2N (custom bezel + P&P koso set + WITHOUT volt meter) = $305

those are still the same price as the last GB, the USD/IDR exchange is roughly the same atm, so no changes there.

just note the little surcharge that i plan to put on top to cover the paypal charge, etc.

shipping will depend on how many ppl want to join in. could possibly fit 4 to 5 sets in a DHL jumbo junior box, as long as its under 10KG. and that costs $186, if you split that between 4 or 5 ppl its not so dreadful.

the jumbo box DHL costs 287$, but we can put up to 25KG, and naturally the box is bigger (about twice as big), but im not sure if there will be THAT many ppl buying parts, hehe, but who knows

Old July 10th, 2011, 07:35 PM   #111
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Motorcycle(s): 2006 zx636r

Ouch! If this take a couple months to finish this GB then I'm down for a RX2N

Have you seen a A/F gauge instead of the volt gauge? I would much rather have that

Old July 10th, 2011, 07:40 PM   #112
Outlander Systems
ninjette.org Tengu

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...968#post323968

Group buy is up!

Old July 11th, 2011, 03:42 PM   #113
headshrink

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r, '14 CBR500r

I would be so all over that, if only Summer wasn't so damn slow in my business. I'll be watching for future GBs.
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 12th, 2011, 09:02 AM   #114
kamikaze
ex-ninjette.org guru :o

Name: Trevor

Motorcycle(s): 2003 SV1000 S

my only complaint with these things is that you can't set the mileage from your original cluster, without sending the cluster to Koso. If Koso could figure out a way to allow the end user to change it I'd be interested.
kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 12th, 2011, 09:11 AM   #115
Azhyen
ninjette.org Pirate

Name: Seph

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikaze View Post
my only complaint with these things is that you can't set the mileage from your original cluster, without sending the cluster to Koso. If Koso could figure out a way to allow the end user to change it I'd be interested.
The only problem with that is then anyone could change their mileage when selling the bike to make it more appealing. I understand why it's not a user option.

Old July 12th, 2011, 09:28 AM   #116
kamikaze
ex-ninjette.org guru :o

Name: Trevor

Motorcycle(s): 2003 SV1000 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhyen View Post
The only problem with that is then anyone could change their mileage when selling the bike to make it more appealing. I understand why it's not a user option.
i get that, but it should be a one time settable option, say within the first 10km of usage. that way you get to try it out to make sure it works, and still be able to set your mileage once. If they were really smart, they'd put up a site where you could register your gauge to your VIN, and make it so that the only way you could change the mileage is with a code and it would track it all online for any potential buyer to inspect.
kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 12th, 2011, 05:33 PM   #117
wayanlam

apparently i remember reading that if you buy the speedometer directly from Koso (like KosoUSA) you can ask them to set the mileage for you before they send out the kit.

so it is/should be possible, but a little inconveniently done~

Old August 7th, 2011, 09:20 PM   #118
ninjoe
ninjette.org member

Name: joe

Motorcycle(s): 250r 2009, blue

hi everyone, i'm about to install a KOSO XR-SR gauge on my carburated 2009 ninja, but there is no plug and play kit for it (sorry, i'm too poor to afford the rx2!!)

the problem i have is that i'm unable to figure out the wiring diagram of the ninja. if there is anyone that can tell me which wire goes where, from the original cluster harness to the koso harness, it would be highly appreciated.

here is the link to the installation instructions, so you can see the wires that needs to be connected:
http://www.kosonorthamerica.com/fCMS...t/BB017B00.pdf

thanks to everyone in advance!!
ninjoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 8th, 2011, 03:07 AM   #119
wayanlam

i think Racer X can help you, because he got his Koso back when there was no P&P kit or something, and he wired up the harness himself. so he might have the diagram still if you are lucky

i could be wrong, lol... i just remember that for some reason, hope it helps.

Old August 8th, 2011, 11:54 AM   #120
ninjoe
ninjette.org member

Name: joe

Motorcycle(s): 250r 2009, blue

thank you very much
I'll try to contact him
ninjoe is offline   Reply With Quote