ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > !%@*#$%!)@#&!%@ I crashed!

Old June 14th, 2014, 11:22 AM   #41
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainPlatypus View Post
........Should take care of me just fine next time.
Hope those will remain untested and there will not be next time.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 14th, 2014, 12:33 PM   #42
CaptainPlatypus
ninjette.org member

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): '86 Honda VFR700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
Hope those will remain untested and there will not be next time.
Me too, but I like to plan against the worst possibilities. Realistically, I plan to keep riding for the rest of my life, so I will go down again - it's just a matter of time, though hopefully a lot of it! It's just a matter of making it as infrequent and harmless an occurence as possible.
CaptainPlatypus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 19th, 2014, 10:04 AM   #43
konigralph
ninjette.org newbie

Name: RALPH

Motorcycle(s): 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainPlatypus View Post
Yeah, their investigator was awesome. Apparently she ended up meeting the driver at the scene of the accident and realizing she couldn't possibly have not cut me off. Apparently the driver isn't too happy, but hey, she could have kept her damn eyes open.

Depends on the funding I have available and what I can find and insure in that price range. I don't exactly have an overabundance of cash. I'll take anything with ABS over anything without if I can afford it; other than that, I just want something as reliable and practical as I can find. Something like a CB500 would be perfect, but realistically that's probably too new to find one at a decent price. Maybe I'll find a good deal on something like an SV650. And maybe I'll just end up on another 250, especially if I can get a good deal on the salvage rights to this bike for parts.
Wow, I'm very impressed. Insurance settlements like this are very hard to come by. I don't think it's too possible for them to actually take and claim responsibility... when you don't hit the bike i figured its a no claim?

Don't forget to get extra money to replace your gear. They're resposnbile for that too.
konigralph is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 19th, 2014, 12:53 PM   #44
fry1024
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 650R & 2007 Buell Blast

Grats Eric. Hope you're about done w/ the healing process. Keep us updated on your streetfighter.
fry1024 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 19th, 2014, 05:11 PM   #45
CaptainPlatypus
ninjette.org member

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): '86 Honda VFR700

Quote:
Originally Posted by konigralph View Post
Wow, I'm very impressed. Insurance settlements like this are very hard to come by. I don't think it's too possible for them to actually take and claim responsibility... when you don't hit the bike i figured its a no claim?

Don't forget to get extra money to replace your gear. They're resposnbile for that too.
Yup, they took care of the gear too. I was very impressed with their investigator. Seemed to actually want to know what happened and make things right, not just get the best result for her company. Can't recommend AAA enough as a company to get hit by the customers of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fry1024 View Post
Grats Eric. Hope you're about done w/ the healing process. Keep us updated on your streetfighter.
Yup, healing's all done! I've decided to just sell her, sans fairing/mirrors/front blinkers, as a track bike, to save myself the headache of reregistration. Frame and engine are both 100%, so I figure ~$500 would probably be a reasonable price. If anyone wants her, or knows anybody who might, get in touch! I'd rather she go to somebody who'll use her well.
CaptainPlatypus is offline   Reply With Quote