ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old November 21st, 2012, 09:48 PM   #1
papawhellie
ninjette.org member

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): lots

Post up your cheap mirror solutions and block off plates with links

I have trolled here looking to find a 25 dollar mirror solution for my 2004. One of my brackets is bent and the other factory mirror is always out of adjustment. I have limited funds and fancy doesn't matter. Want durable tough and cheap like my women LOL

Lets see them folks!

25 dollar max give or take with shipping!
papawhellie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 22nd, 2012, 07:45 AM   #2
GeorgeRYoung
ninjette.org member

Name: George

Motorcycle(s): EX250, C10 Concours

bar enders

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KAWASAKI-NIN...sories&vxp=mtr

and you might be able to see something besides your elbows. (haven't tried this myself)

Hacksaw old mirror bracket to make blocking plate.

Frugal enough?
GeorgeRYoung is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 22nd, 2012, 05:11 PM   #3
papawhellie
ninjette.org member

You have those and are satisfied with them? And yes like the hacksaw idea. I might could glue a farkle on there or a nascar bumper sticker.

Old November 22nd, 2012, 05:51 PM   #4
ryan.chin
ninjette.org sage

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRYoung View Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KAWASAKI-NIN...sories&vxp=mtr

and you might be able to see something besides your elbows. (haven't tried this myself)

Hacksaw old mirror bracket to make blocking plate.

Frugal enough?
Damn, those are ugly.

Old November 22nd, 2012, 06:07 PM   #5
Jono
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

I have bar end mirrors. They are much better than the stock mirrors were. BUT, you are gonna half to remove the bar end weights. Which means the bars are gonna be somewhat buzzy. If you get better grips like I did it wont be an issue.

Another thing. If the bike falls over, the mirror is most likely going to break. But since they are cheap I'd say that's not a big issue either.

Jono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 22nd, 2012, 06:13 PM   #6
papawhellie
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan.chin View Post
Damn, those are ugly.
Crap I bid...maybe I will get outbid

Old November 22nd, 2012, 06:26 PM   #7
Mountain Dew
Ambrosia.

Name: Jaymie

Motorcycle(s): 1974 Honda CB550K0 W.I.P.

There's a bunch of those buy it nows for $5 + $5 shipping.

Old November 22nd, 2012, 07:30 PM   #8
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

I got those same mirrors in black (no CF print) for about $10. The expanders aren't useful with the stock bars but the bolt does thread without them. The problem there is that they are too long to use without the bar ends and too short to use with the bar ends. I destroyed my original bar end bolts, so I'm not sure if those would work.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 22nd, 2012, 08:17 PM   #9
papawhellie
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
There's a bunch of those buy it nows for $5 + $5 shipping.
Post some links looking for what someone is using and pleased with. Saw some 12 to 15 dollar ones shipped

Old November 22nd, 2012, 09:32 PM   #10
Jono
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
I got those same mirrors in black (no CF print) for about $10. The expanders aren't useful with the stock bars but the bolt does thread without them. The problem there is that they are too long to use without the bar ends and too short to use with the bar ends. I destroyed my original bar end bolts, so I'm not sure if those would work.
When I had the stock bars I used the bolts that came with the mirrors. But I cut them shorter since I also destroyed the factory bolts as I removed the bar end weights. And I didn't use the bar end weights. I just ran with the mirrors on the end of the handlebars.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 23rd, 2012, 07:35 PM   #11
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono View Post
When I had the stock bars I used the bolts that came with the mirrors. But I cut them shorter since I also destroyed the factory bolts as I removed the bar end weights. And I didn't use the bar end weights. I just ran with the mirrors on the end of the handlebars.
I didn't have anything to cut the bolts with and ended up destroying them too. I just couldn't imagine that the threaded insert in the bars had a stop (WHY?!) and thought that I had just hit some of the dried thread-locker that didn't come out with the original bolts.

Old November 23rd, 2012, 07:40 PM   #12
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by papawhellie View Post
Post some links looking for what someone is using and pleased with. Saw some 12 to 15 dollar ones shipped
I searched "bar end mirrors" and sorted the results by lowest price + shipping. Scrolling down. I found the same mirrors for $10 instead of $12:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bar-end-mirr...7b3ed5&vxp=mtr
Also, there are many cheaper options even though most seem to be marketed as bicycle accessories.

Old January 14th, 2013, 03:13 AM   #13
Modzilla
Fear the Beard

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 01 EX250

i'm seriously thinking about welding on a dental mirror somewhere on the bars...

Old January 14th, 2013, 05:26 AM   #14
akcalhoun
ninjette.org member

Name: aaron

Motorcycle(s): 2013 honda shadow phantom

ive got a bar end mirror that just clamps on the bar end weight. works pretty well up to bout 75 then the image gets rly blurry. they were cheap quick and ez to install, my bro got one for me so ill get with him and find out what and where he got them and let u know
akcalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 18th, 2013, 11:06 PM   #15
Eagle981
ninjette.org member

Name: Guy

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by akcalhoun View Post
ive got a bar end mirror that just clamps on the bar end weight. works pretty well up to bout 75 then the image gets rly blurry. they were cheap quick and ez to install, my bro got one for me so ill get with him and find out what and where he got them and let u know
Please do. I have been looking for something like this? Do you have pics of it on your bike? If so could you post, please and thanks you
Eagle981 is offline   Reply With Quote