ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old February 24th, 2011, 04:55 PM   #1
Liuser
ninjette.org member

Name: Dean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 250r

Yoshimura Rearset Riser Plates

I've been searching around recently for rearset riser plates as a cheaper alternative of buying an entire rearset.

Do a google search for it, and you will find a vendor advertising it on multiple forums. It looks like my local Kawa dealership can order them at $100, but before I pull the trigger on them I was wondering if anyone had experience and opinions with them?

It states it moves the rearset:
43mm back (1.69") and either 20mm (.78") or 35mm (1.37") up.

Woodcraft product (not just riser plates, but a new rearset) moves the rearset 1" up and 2" back for reference.

I prefer for more room and aggressive stance on the bike, which would be better in my instance?
Liuser is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 24th, 2011, 05:25 PM   #2
KawiRider
ninjette.org member

Name: Derek

Motorcycle(s): '08 and 09 Ninja 250R

I have the Yoshimura rearset adjusters, and I like them. They fit like a glove and come with everything needed to intall. They also come with instructions. My impression is that the bike feels much sportier. I specifically was wanting to avoid racing rearsets and these have proven their value.. to me at least! Let me know if you want a pic!
KawiRider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 24th, 2011, 05:30 PM   #3
KawiRider
ninjette.org member

Here ya go.. Some pics I posted when raising the rear.. A photo of the rearset adjusters is within the thread!
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=66173

Old February 24th, 2011, 05:38 PM   #4
Liuser
ninjette.org member

Thank you so much for the input, I swear I searched the threads here, and did some google-fu but apparently my search skills are weak.

Do you notice more vibration against your feet?

Old February 24th, 2011, 08:52 PM   #5
KawiRider
ninjette.org member

As far as vibration, they feel like stock would. The footrests are still rigidly mounted to the frame, so any vibration that was there before will be there, but positioning is different. The knees are higher and the feet are back with the toes pointed downward like a Superbike. It feels much better to me and it also influenced the decision for me to keep the bike instead of moving up to a ZX-6R this year. With the rear raised a little and the rearset adjusters, I really can't tell I am on a Ninjette except for my OEM bars and the lack of eyeball sucking power. I had the left one on in a couple of minutes and sat on the bike to feel the difference.. I recommend them.. I don't think anyone who actually spends the money on the more expensive Yoshimura adjusters will be disappointed.

Old February 24th, 2011, 09:26 PM   #6
Liuser
ninjette.org member

Good enough for me. Putting in order tomorrow. Thanks for your input.

When you speak of the raised rear (aside from the rearset adjusters) what are you referring to and what does it accomplish? I'm genuinely curious and am looking for mods that may fancy me all the time.

Old February 25th, 2011, 10:40 AM   #7
KawiRider
ninjette.org member

If you look at the post with the pics from the top, you will see what I did. I put Vortex dogbones from a larger bike on mine to make it adjustable. Raising the rear decreases rake angle and makes the bike easier to turn in and hold in a turn. It also costs you some straightline stability, When you are under hard braking, the bike might squirrel a little like you see bikes doing on the track when they go into full braking before a corner from a tstraight line.. If you don't ride it like Rossi, then the mod just sits you up higher and more forward.. I did it for ground clearance too! I don't want my exhaust or anything scraping the ground and causing a pivot point.

Old May 22nd, 2011, 05:18 PM   #8
Migue
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Miguel

Motorcycle(s): '09 250r

Hi all i'm new to the forum,been lurking around for a while but never decided to sign up.

I was installing my yoshi rearset brackets and i managed to do the brake side just fine after cutting the brake hose a bit short and what not. When i tried to instal the one on the shifting side, the rod that comes with it has a bigger/wider thread and the stock nut won't go in and the rod won't fit in the footrest side . Has anyone encounter the same problem??? i think the part was machined wrong and now i got one side of my bike with a raised footpef and another one completely stock thanks to this.

i gotta call these people to see what's going on because i tried everything and that nut will NOT screw in that rod. The side attached to the clutch/tranny scres in perfectly fine =/

Last futzed with by Migue; May 22nd, 2011 at 09:07 PM.
Migue is offline   Reply With Quote