Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Motorcycle-related

Closed Thread

Old December 8th, 2009, 09:48 AM   #1
ASecretNinja
ATGATT Squid Killer

Name: Chad

Motorcycle(s): '06 CBR600

So Cal 1995 Ninja 250 Excellent Condition $2100

"1995" you ask? "It must be a piece of ****" you say. You're mistaken! The bike was originally purchased by an armed forces member, ridden on briefly and then put into storage when he was deployed. Sat in storage for a little over 10 years, was then taken out by the previous owner and refurbished to mint running condition for his son to learn on. Then the bike came into my position with a mere 5800 miles on it. Performance motorsports in San Juan Capistrano did the first major service interval at 6000 miles, although it didn't need much because carbs had been recently synced etc.. I changed the oil and filter myself to full synthetic at 6200 miles, and again at 8200 miles, and currently the bike has 85xx miles on it. Was garaged by previous owner, and currently garaged by myself. Condition easy 9/10. ONLY selling because I'm stepping up to a 600. Pictures:

Mods:

-CLEAN TITLE; CA registration until June '10
-Full Muzzy exhaust with Oval Titanium canister (I still have stock exhaust)
-K&N filter
-Brand new Pirelli Diablo rear tire (not pictured)
-HiD headlight Xenon conversion kit
-Stiffer Progressive suspension (have stock suspension, don't know why you'd ever want to go back to that though)
-Freeway sprocket gearing with new chain (have stock sprockets and chain)
-ZG DoubleBubble tinted windshield
-EMGO Sport bike replacement mirrors (looks cooler than stock; have stock mirrors)
-EMGO chrome pegs (better clearance, grip, looks than stock; have stock pegs)
-Gripper seat (stock seat was slippary, this one is soft AND keeps your butt in place)
-Flush mount signals & CA legal fender eliminator
-Spray detailed & waxed & chain lubed/cleaned on a weekly/bi-weekly basis--never more than two weeks without a fresh coat of something.
-I'm about to flush brake fluid on it. Other than that, bike needs NOTHING.

Asking $2100.
Being that this is the 250 forum, I'm pretty sure some of you might be twisting your mustaches and drooling over some of the aftermarket parts. Please note that I won't sell anything separately. I'm not that desparate.....yet. Plus I'm still riding it, so I have to live with it and most of the stock **** was replaced cause well, it's **** :P I've ridden my fair share of 250s, and this bike is mechanically comparable to anything up to an 07. I actually bought this over an '07 when I was shopping. I've been riding bikes for almost half of my life and I've tried to take the best care of this thing as possible. Talk is cheap (especially on the internet) so don't hesitate to e-mail me with more questions and/or if you'd like to come check it out. Bike is located in Dana Point (92629). E-mail best contact. Weekends are best show times. Tuesday and Thursdays are fairly flexible with work. Thanks for looking!

Old December 8th, 2009, 10:18 AM   #2
Momaru
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Candy Plasma Blue 250R

Best of luck mate. Looks like a very well loved machine, hope you find a buyer exactly when you'd like to.

Old December 8th, 2009, 12:01 PM   #3
divingtigger
Pedal Power

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja EX250R

what happened to the left hand mirror??

Old December 8th, 2009, 12:44 PM   #4
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Looks good! Good luck with the sale.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old December 8th, 2009, 12:53 PM   #5
ASecretNinja
ATGATT Squid Killer

Name: Chad

Motorcycle(s): '06 CBR600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Looks good! Good luck with the sale.
Thanks brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by divingtigger View Post
what happened to the left hand mirror??
Good catch! I was trying to diagnose a rattle coming from the front end so I took off my mirrors to see if that was the culprit. ADD got the better of me (plus it was a beautiful day) and I decided to go take pictures of the bike before realizing I hadn't put it back on. The bike does have two mirrors tho, don't worry.

P.S. Used band-aid on the ground is not included in the sale, sorry.

Here's the bike with both mirrors, taken today

New tire

Last futzed with by ASecretNinja; December 8th, 2009 at 01:09 PM. Reason: added photo

Closed Thread