ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old May 20th, 2011, 09:01 AM   #81
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Bought my second JTF1539.15 but not sure how I'm going to install it. I simply don't have the tools.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 21st, 2011, 12:51 AM   #82
jaso
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2008 kawasaki ninja 250r

Talking lowering front sprocket

Ok I just changed my set up on a 2008' from a stock 14/45 to a 13/45 all aluminum instead of stock steel. I adjusted the fuel mixture to were the bike idles at 1600 rpm now fully warmed up. Its the best mod I've done. My friend has the same bike and is having lots of trouble keeping up with me from 0 to 80 mph. My bike beats his now in every aspect when riding, and im not show boating its true. No loss of top speed, stronger low and mid range, smoother and the power band seems to carry all the way to read line. Shifts are a little quick but that's because your getting to mph quicker. Without the fuel mixture adjustment this is not a good mod. Again this was my best mod ever! Throw in upgraded headers, muffler, k&n atv air filters with no air box, and #30 dino jet kit and you got yourself a screaming 250r with wings. Oh did I mention I know nothing about gear ratios ;+)
jaso is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 3rd, 2011, 12:14 AM   #83
setasai
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

Just wanted to mention that I think the picture has the front sprocket facing the wrong way. The JT label and Lip should be facing the engine. Confused me for a while.
setasai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 5th, 2011, 12:27 AM   #84
Buffalony

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250 "Wasabi", 82 Yamaha xj650j

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaso View Post
Ok I just changed my set up on a 2008' from a stock 14/45 to a 13/45 all aluminum instead of stock steel. I adjusted the fuel mixture to were the bike idles at 1600 rpm now fully warmed up. Its the best mod I've done. My friend has the same bike and is having lots of trouble keeping up with me from 0 to 80 mph. My bike beats his now in every aspect when riding, and im not show boating its true. No loss of top speed, stronger low and mid range, smoother and the power band seems to carry all the way to read line. Shifts are a little quick but that's because your getting to mph quicker. Without the fuel mixture adjustment this is not a good mod. Again this was my best mod ever! Throw in upgraded headers, muffler, k&n atv air filters with no air box, and #30 dino jet kit and you got yourself a screaming 250r with wings. Oh did I mention I know nothing about gear ratios ;+)
Glad you like your mod. Sounds like it's fun and your having fun playing with your bike. Be safe out there. Don't be a squid

Old July 20th, 2011, 02:40 PM   #85
assripp3r
ninjette.org member

Name: Canada

Motorcycle(s): 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by hzrnbgy View Post
after three attempts at unscrewing the sprocket nut, im still unable to take that damn nut off the sprocket.

i have a 27mm socket and a 22" drive wrench. what am i missing still? that sucker is driving me crazy. do i need to heat it up or something? melt the black rubber to loosen it? should i get a longer wrench? im running out of options already...

pleaseeeeee help.........
dont heat...use a pipe and extend the wrench. sometimes just making the wrench longer with a pipe works on the toughness nut
assripp3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 23rd, 2011, 04:59 PM   #86
Vampyre
ninjette.org sage

Name: Joseph

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R Black, 2005 ZX-6R Blue

Feck me. Now I have to take it all apart and flip my sprocket. I am pretty surprised that DIY was wrong for 3 years.
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 23rd, 2011, 05:14 PM   #87
Vampyre
ninjette.org sage

Name: Joseph

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R Black, 2005 ZX-6R Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by assripp3r View Post
dont heat...use a pipe and extend the wrench. sometimes just making the wrench longer with a pipe works on the toughness nut
Be careful. I dented my tank with the breaker bar when the nut finally broke loose.
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 9th, 2011, 09:26 PM   #88
andylawcc
ninjette.org guru

Name: andy

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250 faster red

Quote:
Originally Posted by setasai View Post
Just wanted to mention that I think the picture has the front sprocket facing the wrong way. The JT label and Lip should be facing the engine. Confused me for a while.
and also interesting;y, that front sprocket in the original post is for the pre-gen. Pre-gen is JTF-516, the new gen is JTF-1539. The Pre-gen front sprocket in theory should fit the current gen bike, but definitely NOT VICE VERSA.
andylawcc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 11th, 2011, 06:16 AM   #89
kcaja1
ninjette.org member

Name: Ross

Motorcycle(s): '09 250R

How much am I supposed to pay if I let a dealer do this for me (ballpark figure) for the front sprocket change?
kcaja1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 11th, 2011, 08:33 PM   #90
Momaru

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Candy Plasma Blue 250R

Shouldn't take an experienced motorcycle mechanic more than an hour, two at the maximum, including them loosening and re-aligning your rear tire, checking chain slack afterward. Assume hourly rate of ~$70-80/hr, so I'd say $160 MAX.

I found out this can be done without taking off the chain, if you're stubborn about it and very careful.

That said, I had a HELL of a time breaking that nut loose to replace my 15T once the teeth started to hook after some 17,000mi. Duckman, I honestly don't know how you did that. I had a 6' breaker bar going, putting all of my ~150lbs on the rear brake pedal and it still wouldn't budge. Even tried a penetrating lubricant and some modest heat as options. Instead, the chain would (essentially) stretch and allow me to rotate the countersprocket around with the nut through ~80 degrees of rotation. I finally resorted to just putting a 2x4 thru the rear wheel and doing it that way.

Old August 29th, 2011, 10:04 AM   #91
trevor_shiggs
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r

Lettering goes in or out? My 15 tooth sprocket just showed up today. Some people say Lettering/spacer thing in, some say out. I see you put yours out.

Edit never mind, actually did some reading. Lettering in.

Old August 29th, 2011, 10:12 AM   #92
trevor_shiggs
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andylawcc View Post
and also interesting;y, that front sprocket in the original post is for the pre-gen. Pre-gen is JTF-516, the new gen is JTF-1539. The Pre-gen front sprocket in theory should fit the current gen bike, but definitely NOT VICE VERSA.
I just received mine today from bike bandit it was a jtf516-15

http://www.bikebandit.com/jt-sprocke...62158&t=1&td=1 second one down. Is this wrong, I know it will work but is there a new gen one?

Old August 29th, 2011, 10:22 AM   #93
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

I installed my sprocket upgrade this past weekend. I made a huge a mistake by removing the chain before the front sprocket.

I thought I had to buy a whole new master link and reattach the chain but eventually got it off w/smarts. Hard to describe but I did manage to take a pic of how I did it. I'll post up later tonight.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 30th, 2011, 08:14 AM   #94
trevor_shiggs
ninjette.org member

2010 Ninja I Recieved jtf516-15. Do I need to shim this out or will I be ok. All the previous Threads I didnt see anything about shimming till yesterday.

Old August 30th, 2011, 03:53 PM   #95
Momaru

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Candy Plasma Blue 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevor_shiggs View Post
2010 Ninja I Recieved jtf516-15. Do I need to shim this out or will I be ok. All the previous Threads I didnt see anything about shimming till yesterday.
I had one of the JTF516-15 on my '08 for ~17,000mi, before it needed replacing. No shim was used. That said, if you can afford to wait to get a shim, I would. It's a small difference, but if my original 15T had been shimmed, I suspect it (and my chain) would've lasted longer.

Old August 30th, 2011, 04:59 PM   #96
Fleshbazbo
ninjette.org member

Name: dave

Motorcycle(s): 2009 blue ex 250 ninja and 2012 Metallic troll snot green,3)Honda GL1000,XR400R,Suzuki Dr200

When I replaced my sprocket with the old style thinner sprocket, I had also ordered a new lock washer. I placed the old lock washer on the shaft first on the engine side of the cover, then the sprocket, then the new lock washer. If you read the earlier listings you will also find a spacer part number you can order that is used in the transmission. I have a 15/42 installed in one bike and 16/42 in the other. If you use a 16 tooth front sprocket you have to grind some metal out of your chain cover so the chain does not rub. If I were going to do it again I would use a 15/39 or 15/40 to avoid having to dremel out the sprocket cover. The 16/42 allows me to travel at 77 MPH at 8000 RPM instead of 60 MPH at 8000 RPM.
Fleshbazbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 26th, 2011, 02:42 PM   #97
headshrink

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r, '14 CBR500r

A word of warning: I damaged my output shaft, and/or bearings, by removing the stubborn counter-sprocket nut. My method of removal was no different than is mentioned in this thread. I continued to ride for another 20K miles, so it wasn't critical, but every now and again, when the road was super smooth, I could just feel a bit of unbalance. This was just a suspicion, until I went to replace my clutch, and damaged the input shaft, and/or bearings, removing/installing the nut for the clutch basket. I had the same damage, but it was more severe, and more obvious this time.

It is my belief that using breaker bars, and torque wrenches on these nuts is a potential cause of damage. For now on, I will only use an impact-wrench for these types of applications. You may not get the perfect torque speck, but getting it snug with the impact wrench should get it close, without the added risk of damage. I did this with a new engine, and have had no problems.... I forgot what it felt like to ride with a smooth transmission.
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 27th, 2011, 10:00 AM   #98
nit8690
ninjette.org member

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r soon

lol good topic here lol. I am sure i will put a 15t front. just to help with highway rpms

Old September 27th, 2011, 11:32 AM   #99
headshrink

Quote:
Originally Posted by nit8690 View Post
lol good topic here lol. I am sure i will put a 15t front. just to help with highway rpms
Like others have said, it does a lot more than that... it runs smoother on city streets too.

I am amazed at what one tooth can do!

Old October 8th, 2011, 08:10 AM   #100
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by headshrink View Post
A word of warning: I damaged my output shaft, and/or bearings, by removing the stubborn counter-sprocket nut. My method of removal was no different than is mentioned in this thread. I continued to ride for another 20K miles, so it wasn't critical, but every now and again, when the road was super smooth, I could just feel a bit of unbalance. This was just a suspicion, until I went to replace my clutch, and damaged the input shaft, and/or bearings, removing/installing the nut for the clutch basket. I had the same damage, but it was more severe, and more obvious this time.

It is my belief that using breaker bars, and torque wrenches on these nuts is a potential cause of damage. For now on, I will only use an impact-wrench for these types of applications. You may not get the perfect torque speck, but getting it snug with the impact wrench should get it close, without the added risk of damage. I did this with a new engine, and have had no problems.... I forgot what it felt like to ride with a smooth transmission.
How did you fix it?

Old October 8th, 2011, 10:39 AM   #101
headshrink

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
How did you fix it?
Long story short..... a new engine. If you read the thread where I lament about ruining my reputation here, it gives the whole story. It was a rough year.

I still have the old engine on my floor, and MAY have it rebuilt, but don't know if it would be cost effective it flip or not. I never did modify the registration with the new engine VIN#..... hope that doesn't come back to bite me.

Old October 8th, 2011, 10:47 AM   #102
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Long story short..... a new engine. If you read the thread where I lament about ruining my reputation here, it gives the whole story. It was a rough year.

I still have the old engine on my floor, and MAY have it rebuilt, but don't know if it would be cost effective it flip or not. I never did modify the registration with the new engine VIN#..... hope that doesn't come back to bite me.
Ah. I thought that was because of a noise that persisted after the engine swap. Better luck to you going forward!

Old October 8th, 2011, 10:54 AM   #103
headshrink

Quote:
Ah. I thought that was because of a noise that persisted after the engine swap. Better luck to you going forward!
No, the new engine is good. The noise you are referring to either went away, or bothers me a lot less now. I'm a bit less compulsive these days (still trying to nail down the jetting though.... getting close).

Old March 14th, 2012, 04:58 PM   #104
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Got another JTF 1539.15 and JTR 486.41 today. Not sure I should attempt the front sprocket install after seeing @headshrink's problems. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleshbazbo View Post
When I replaced my sprocket with the old style thinner sprocket, I had also ordered a new lock washer. I placed the old lock washer on the shaft first on the engine side of the cover, then the sprocket, then the new lock washer. If you read the earlier listings you will also find a spacer part number you can order that is used in the transmission. I have a 15/42 installed in one bike and 16/42 in the other. If you use a 16 tooth front sprocket you have to grind some metal out of your chain cover so the chain does not rub. If I were going to do it again I would use a 15/39 or 15/40 to avoid having to dremel out the sprocket cover. The 16/42 allows me to travel at 77 MPH at 8000 RPM instead of 60 MPH at 8000 RPM.
I can't recall if I've got a 38 or 39 tooth rear but I'm taking it off and it's only got a couple thousand miles on it (basically threw it on, crossed the country, and stopped). It's pretty small and we had to remove a link in the chain even with the 15T front. @ninja250's/Casey's chain-maker/breaker really helped with the OEM chain. Now I've got to use the Harbor Freight chain breaker tool to remove extra links and rivet my 110-link replacement (Youtube has a guide for using it to rivet). I guess what I'm trying to say is: It's yours, if you want it.

Last futzed with by CZroe; March 14th, 2012 at 08:42 PM.

Old March 14th, 2012, 05:27 PM   #105
headshrink

Quote:
Got another JTF 1539.15 and JTR 486.41 today. Not sure I should attempt the front sprocket install after seeing @headshrink's problems. :/
I assume you're referring to the possible bent shaft or damaged bearings... It was a pretty subtle thing on the counter-sprocket side of my original engine, and was never even verified. It was the clutch side that put me over the edge to replace the engine. I haven't had any problems sense then. This is partly due to the entire big-picture experience teaching me not to be so compulsive about motorcycle maintainance.... In fact, I can now proudly say that I rode to/from work today, in the rain, with a bald rear tire Ok, so the replacement comes with this next weeks paycheck, but before I would have replaced it at the slightest hint that a single wear-bar was exposed.

I put the 15T on my replacement engine as well, and have not had any issues with it. However, I used an impact wrench instead of a breaker bar on the CS nut. IMO, specific torque on this nut is not critical because of the splined washer that is bent to hold the nut from spinning.

Old March 15th, 2012, 09:28 AM   #106
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Ah. Well, I don't have an impact wrench and I am willing to try it with what I have.

Now, I think I might have made a mistake. In anticipation of my new chain and sprockets arriving in the mail, I went ahead and broke off my old chain, loosened the nuts on the rear sprocket, and removed the front sprocket cover. Now that the new chain and sprockets are here, I realize that I can't use a completely disconnected rear tire to hold a CS sprocket from turning as I try to loosen the nut.

I feel like it may be a bad idea to install the new chain with the new rear sprocket with the old front sprocket just to put all that force into it, especially when I still have the same front sprocket on there that a horribly failed chain was used with (cracked, missing, and C-shaped roller links visibly chewed up my last rear sprocket; had to have done something to the front too though it looked much better).

I don't see how else to do it though, so I will be attempting to install the rear sprocket and new chain today unless someone has a better idea. Wish me luck!

Old March 15th, 2012, 12:13 PM   #107
flynjay
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250 (sold), '06 Ninja 650R

Quote:
Ah. Well, I don't have an impact wrench and I am willing to try it with what I have.

Now, I think I might have made a mistake. In anticipation of my new chain and sprockets arriving in the mail, I went ahead and broke off my old chain, loosened the nuts on the rear sprocket, and removed the front sprocket cover. Now that the new chain and sprockets are here, I realize that I can't use a completely disconnected rear tire to hold a CS sprocket from turning as I try to loosen the nut.

I feel like it may be a bad idea to install the new chain with the new rear sprocket with the old front sprocket just to put all that force into it, especially when I still have the same front sprocket on there that a horribly failed chain was used with (cracked, missing, and C-shaped roller links visibly chewed up my last rear sprocket; had to have done something to the front too though it looked much better).

I don't see how else to do it though, so I will be attempting to install the rear sprocket and new chain today unless someone has a better idea. Wish me luck!
Use the old chain. Take a spare piece of wire and hook the ends together on the slack side.
flynjay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 15th, 2012, 01:34 PM   #108
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
put the chain back on. wire it to the other end of the chain quick so it holds on the sprocket. re-intall the wheel. put a piece of wood through the spokes so it jams on the swingarm. CS sprocket nut will come right loose.

My buddy and I did that method on his CBR600 without issue.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 15th, 2012, 05:39 PM   #109
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynjay View Post
Use the old chain. Take a spare piece of wire and hook the ends together on the slack side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
put the chain back on. wire it to the other end of the chain quick so it holds on the sprocket. re-intall the wheel. put a piece of wood through the spokes so it jams on the swingarm. CS sprocket nut will come right loose.

My buddy and I did that method on his CBR600 without issue.
Good idea. I would have tried it but my mother already took it for scrap metal even though I told her that steel was worthless. I'm already trying to get it back. Hope she didn't already scrap it.

Old March 15th, 2012, 06:54 PM   #110
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
hahaha I bet they won't take it. It's got rubber o-rings in there
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 15th, 2012, 09:51 PM   #111
CZroe
CPT Falcon

OK, all this talk about the sprocket nut, so it's time for something that goes hand-in-hand: Impact Wrenches.

I don't have an air compressor or an outlet by the bike. Unlike when I was in an apartment, I am finally in a living situation where I can run an extension cord, but I still think something I can power off of the motorcycle battery in a pinch would be best.

Anyone think this will do the job on that countershaft sprocket?

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...9025_200479025

Quote:
Delivers 280 ft.-lbs. of max. torque
12V, 80 Watt motor
Plugs into 12V DC power outlet
2500–5500 RPM no-load speed range
Reversible
1/2in. detent pin anvil
11ft. power cord
Comes with 2 double-end sockets: 11/16in. x 3/4in., 13/16in. x 7/8in.
Includes two 10A fuses and carry case
Well, I wish I had bought that one. Instead, I bought the last one on clearance at Harbor Freight ($20 after coupon). So how about this?

http://www.harborfreight.com/12-volt...nch-92349.html

Quote:
Get back on the road in minutes with this portable 12v impact wrench. This impact wrench delivers up to 150 ft. lbs. of torque to power off lug nuts.

11 ft. cord with cigarette lighter plug
Reversible--removes and installs lug nuts
Includes 11/16'', 3/4'', 13/16'', 7/8'' chrome steel sockets

1/2'' square drive
30-40 blows per minute
Shipping Weight: 5.75 lbs.
It's only 150 ft-lbs instead of 280. I read about people having problems with simple over-tightened lugnuts, and I'd imagine that a CS sprocket is going to be tougher. I sure hope this works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
hahaha I bet they won't take it. It's got rubber o-rings in there
I told her that too but she wouldn't listen! She can have my steel sprockets if no one wants my low-mileage 38T rear (paging @Fleshbazbo).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 21639_lg.jpg (30.3 KB, 200 views)
File Type: jpg image_15191.jpg (21.8 KB, 200 views)

Old March 15th, 2012, 11:02 PM   #112
headshrink

I can't imagine that it wouldn't work.... it is a Kawi after all

A cordless might suit your needs a little better, but that depends on how much of an issue $$ is, and if you anticipate using the tool much.

Old March 16th, 2012, 12:10 AM   #113
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
I can't imagine that it wouldn't work.... it is a Kawi after all

A cordless might suit your needs a little better, but that depends on how much of an issue $$ is, and if you anticipate using the tool much.
When I google for 12v impact wrench, I see many pictures that are exactly the same but are not green and Kawi-branded, so it's just fluff. The dead give-away? SAE-only socket sizes (not metric).

I don't really expect to use it for much. Bar ends, sprockets, etc. That's why my budget was for $20-30. My current bar ends have already been freed and I'm not sure it's enough for my sprocket, so it still may not have been a good idea. We'll see when I try it out!

Anyway, I was reading the $20 HF unit's manual which gives instructions as if using it on cager lugnuts is the only use and it specifically said NOT to tighten the nuts with it. Well, then, why does it have a reverse function?!

Old March 16th, 2012, 12:24 AM   #114
headshrink

Quote:

Anyway, I was reading the $20 HF unit's manual which gives instructions as if using it on cager lugnuts is the only use and it specifically said NOT to tighten the nuts with it. Well, then, why does it have a reverse function?!
That's a good point. Technically I believe you aren't supposed to use an impact wrench in reverse anyways, but I think it can still be useful to spin a nut on, and use a torque wrench to finish it off.

Old March 18th, 2012, 01:05 AM   #115
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Well, I got mine off when I figured out that you weren't supposed to push down on the nut with the socket using my 12v emergency impact wrench. The manual only said that it takes time to accelerate before it will hammer because it is electric, but you'd just hear it spin forever internally without knocking the nut if you didn't reduce pressure on the nut. I had to use it on the front axle nut too because I found it much too tight, once again, and I couldn't turn it by myself when using my T-handle wrench (whole axle would turn).

@Alex: Can you please edit the OP's DIY, post and PDF, with a word of warning about the correct CS sprocket orientation? It only makes sense for the spacer side to go IN or else the exact size difference between the pregen and newgen wouldn't matter, but this wasn't obvious to the OP or others following this DIY. @Vampyre, for example:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyre View Post
Feck me. Now I have to take it all apart and flip my sprocket. I am pretty surprised that DIY was wrong for 3 years.

Old March 18th, 2012, 01:07 AM   #116
headshrink

It was mentioned sometime that first year, but it is a long thread and most probably don't read it all (don't blame them).

Old March 18th, 2012, 01:32 AM   #117
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
It was mentioned sometime that first year, but it is a long thread and most probably don't read it all (don't blame them).
Yeah, but the DIYs get PDF'd and that info doesn't go with it.

Not to mention, the copy/paste thieves using the info on other sites/unsuspecting users.

Old March 18th, 2012, 09:37 AM   #118
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Is that edit correct at this point?

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 18th, 2012, 10:07 AM   #119
headshrink

Quote:
Yeah, but the DIYs get PDF'd and that info doesn't go with it.

Not to mention, the copy/paste thieves using the info on other sites/unsuspecting users.
Very good point, I didn't consider the PDF. It's a good idea anyways because if the DIY is self-explanatory, many (including myself) often don't keep reading because it usually isn't needed. So yes, an edit in the OP is only prudent. I wasn't disagreeing with you, maybe just splitting hairs for the sake of conversation... it's lonely here at night

Old March 18th, 2012, 02:42 PM   #120
jack_bm
Ex ninjette!

Name: Jack

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki GSXR 600 K4, Kawasaki ninja 250r 08

Is it true that if i got a bigger rear sproket and smaller front that it would put my spedo out?