Old November 25th, 2010, 07:51 PM   #1
scotty
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): Yahama v star 650 classic

Fallen Soldier, Jesse Snow

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/..._ece_frontpage

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/...l?cxtype=ybuzz

Was a friend of mine. I found out the other day he was killed in Afghanistan while watching the news with my wife. Worst way to find that kind of news out. He was a great guy and will be missed my many. People are given the chance to share condolences. I know his family could use the support.

http://www.legacy.com/guestbook/dayt...&pid=146651308

Old November 25th, 2010, 08:09 PM   #2
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

Sorry to hear. My condolences. He's not just a solider/friend, but a hero.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 26th, 2010, 09:17 AM   #3
austexjg
ninjette.org sage

Name: J.G.

Motorcycle(s): '09 zx6r Green/Black, (ex-)Diablo Black '09 Ninja 250r

Thoughts go out to family and friends...
austexjg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 26th, 2010, 12:32 PM   #4
Sailariel

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post

Sorry to hear. My condolences. He's not just a solider/friend, but a hero.
I totally agree. Please accept my sincerest condolences.

Old November 26th, 2010, 05:18 PM   #5
noche_caliente

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

so sorry to hear

Old November 26th, 2010, 06:04 PM   #6
bigrodge8
Handsome Devil!!!

Name: Rodge

Motorcycle(s): 250R 07 Yamaha YZF-R6 Charcoal Silver

HOOOORAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! I hope he took a few of the Hadji pukes with him on his way out!!!!!! I too served in Afghanistan with the 506th, believe me when I say "the only good Hadji is a dead Hadji". My condolences on your loss bro, I got a few buddies that didnt get to come home as well...
bigrodge8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 26th, 2010, 08:12 PM   #7
scotty

Thanks everyone.

Rodge, I'm sorry to hear that. It sucks. Most of my friends are in the military, and myself will be in soon. I hope all our soldiers will return home very soon, and safe!

Old November 26th, 2010, 08:29 PM   #8
Sailariel

Scotty, Stay safe. Get all the training you can get, and listen to your NCOs. I wish I could give you better advice--this is a different and much more challenging war than I participated in as a Medic. My Units are both in Afghanistan, The 173Rd Airborne Brigade (Sep) and the 75Th Ranger Regiment. All that I can offer is that you will see some nasty stuff over there. If this poses a problem when you come home, see someone at the VA. PTSD is nothing to be taken lightly--ask me how I know? In advance, Thank you for serving. You are the very best our great country has. Come home safe.

Old November 26th, 2010, 08:37 PM   #9
scotty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailariel View Post
Scotty, Stay safe. Get all the training you can get, and listen to your NCOs. I wish I could give you better advice--this is a different and much more challenging war than I participated in as a Medic. My Units are both in Afghanistan, The 173Rd Airborne Brigade (Sep) and the 75Th Ranger Regiment. All that I can offer is that you will see some nasty stuff over there. If this poses a problem when you come home, see someone at the VA. PTSD is nothing to be taken lightly--ask me how I know? In advance, Thank you for serving. You are the very best our great country has. Come home safe.
I still got to get to basic. I'm looking forward for it. Im not sure what my job will be yet. I am suppsed to go this comming week to swear in and get my job, and date to leave for tranning. I am really excited about it. I am going into the Navy. So I don't know what I will see. I hope nothing bad. My wife is also working her way into the Navy, but as an officer. She is an RN.

Old November 26th, 2010, 09:17 PM   #10
Sailariel

Scotty, Telling me that you are going into the Navy made my day. I erroneously assumed that you were going Army. That branch of the military can get a bit dicey--especially in wartime. Your wife, as an RN, will more than likely see some pretty grim casualties. I did my internship at Brooke Medical Center in San Antonio, TX on the burn unit. I still, at times, recall what I saw and break out in a sweat. The people working on that unit day by day should be saints. I was only there for three weeks. After 'Nam I became a PA and worked in an ER while going to Grad School for my MSW. The ER was a bit more than I could handle (too many memories) Social Work was my redemption. If there is anything I can do for you and your wife, PM me. I'll be on this forum for a long time--Alex gave me permission to stay on even though I no longer ride a Ninja. My best to you and your wife, as I said before, you are the finest our country has representing us in the world. Best wishes.

Old November 27th, 2010, 06:43 AM   #11
scotty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailariel View Post
Scotty, Telling me that you are going into the Navy made my day. I erroneously assumed that you were going Army. That branch of the military can get a bit dicey--especially in wartime. Your wife, as an RN, will more than likely see some pretty grim casualties. I did my internship at Brooke Medical Center in San Antonio, TX on the burn unit. I still, at times, recall what I saw and break out in a sweat. The people working on that unit day by day should be saints. I was only there for three weeks. After 'Nam I became a PA and worked in an ER while going to Grad School for my MSW. The ER was a bit more than I could handle (too many memories) Social Work was my redemption. If there is anything I can do for you and your wife, PM me. I'll be on this forum for a long time--Alex gave me permission to stay on even though I no longer ride a Ninja. My best to you and your wife, as I said before, you are the finest our country has representing us in the world. Best wishes.
Yeah, I have heard some stories about the Army. My dad was Air Force for 25 years. I think that Navy is a good choice for me. Something new to see. I worry my wife will see the same things as you discribed. She has a good chance of being deployed being she has alot of useful certifications, including some disaster certifications, and trainning. I don't know how she would handel that kind of pressure if she were to get deployed.

Old November 27th, 2010, 05:53 PM   #12
Sailariel

Scotty, She'll do fine. Medical people are pretty tight and watch each other's back. Should there be any problems afterword, definitively check in with the VA.