ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old November 9th, 2011, 10:37 PM   #1
Kerberos
ninjette.org member

Name: Leo

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 2010 (Sold), 2013 Ninja 300!!

the peace that is riding.

so i still ride here in WA even though it is getting cold. really the only thing that is going to stop me is snow or ice.
i have ridden at night, in the rain, fog(i actually enjoyed it) and a short 100 mile trip.
From he start of school i knew it was going to be stressful and i was not even close. literally the best part of my day is walking to my bike and throwing the cover off. stare at her and then take off.
the sound of the motor, the feel of the tranny when you shift gears. the rpm needle bouncing around.
it really relives so much of my daily stress.
my personal life sucks, my job is stressful, i have no money because of school, my fridge is empty, im losing determination to damn quick. for a while my life was a rut. i hated it. same thing day in and day out. i searched nd searched for something different. i litterally was going crazy.
but the first time i went for a ride it pulled me out, the first time i layed on the tank doing 75+, first time i took a corner with my knee out and pulled the bike over. the first ride in the rain. it is like nothing i can explain. no electronics, i dont have blue tooth and no gps on my bike or music, just the engine and wind. and it has kept me sane. even now as i lay here and break down over the stress of school, work, money, a broken relationship

i always look forward to that ride in the morning.
more then once have i just wanted to keep riding and riding and not stop.
the only thing now is some ridding pals and i be good.

sorry for the length and thanks for reading.

Old November 9th, 2011, 11:04 PM   #2
Firehorse
ninjette.org sage

Name: Ms.T, Queen of the Night

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250

Ahh, I loved that!

I've been riding only in the middle of the night lately and it's just serene. I wish I could write that word the way it feels.

I rode through light fog and it was like a wonderland. Not a dangerous zero visibility fog but one that hangs in layers and you puff through it like a dragon on the mist.
Priceless.

I'm the same with no outside distractions, no gps, tunes etc and I also have wanted to get on the bike and go until I have no road left.

The only problem with that is that all the life crap is what makes riding so special. If my life was perfect I never would have bought a bike.
I wish you were closer, I'd ride with someone with your attitude very observant and thoughtful kind of person.

What have you got up for after the snow flies? You need a hobby or something to keep your happy spot glowing when the lovely lady is parked for the winter.
Firehorse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 9th, 2011, 11:14 PM   #3
KELPHYN
ninjette.org guru

Name: Calvin

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R (sold), 2013 300SE

Ahh..the Zen of riding.
KELPHYN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 10th, 2011, 01:28 AM   #4
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Aww; you're a tortured soul Leo! Glad you've got your motorcycle to get you through it.

Very thoughtful post.
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 10th, 2011, 08:36 AM   #5
Kerberos
ninjette.org member

to @Firehorse : I m glad I'm not the only one who's feels that way. and I don't know what I will be doing when it snows. I guess I could sit on my bike and make vroom vroom noises LOL no I don't know. maybe just do homework, play bf3, or sit quietly as I descend into madness LOL. BTW love the dragon on the mist line. that's awesome. keep enjoying riding!

to @akima: yea tortured pretty much sums it up for me. I Appreciate all that I have but sense I put school before anything else the other aspects of my life suffer. my ninja has kept me together. only 2 more years of school and hello BA

thanks for the replies
Posted via Mobile Device
Kerberos is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 10th, 2011, 08:45 AM   #6
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

Name: Umar

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R; 2011 250R (sold)

Hey, Leo, you should sell your SUV and save the cash for a rainy day. I'm assuming since you're not with the chick with the kid anymore, you most likely don't need the SUV anymore, right?
I'd sell it in a heartbeat in your shoes.

Anyway, enough advice. You didn't write to "Dear Annie."
I agree with what you're saying. Riding my Ninja relieves stress for me, too, as I'm sure it does for anyone and everyone else who rides a motorcycle.
The wind, the freedom, the fact that 80 mph on a bike is more fun (and dangerous!) than 100 mph in a car, the looks, the stares, the dumb questions, the good questions, chick magnet, cop magnet, douche magnet, whatever. A bike brings a lot of good and a bit of bad, but riding always puts everything else in the rearview (well, sideview, I guess).

Old November 10th, 2011, 11:33 AM   #7
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Green_Demon View Post
The wind, the freedom, the fact that 80 mph on a bike is more fun (and dangerous!) than 100 mph in a car, the looks, the stares, the dumb questions, the good questions, chick magnet, cop magnet, douche magnet, whatever. A bike brings a lot of good and a bit of bad, but riding always puts everything else in the rearview (well, sideview, I guess).
I guess the cage of a car protects you from lots of the bad, but it also protects you from lots of the good too.

Old November 10th, 2011, 02:00 PM   #8
setasai
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

There are many of us with that attitude here. So many people ask questions about how do i get better at this skill or that skill and all I can say is just ride MORE! Enjoy!
setasai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 10th, 2011, 08:06 PM   #9
Kerberos
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Green_Demon View Post
Hey, Leo, you should sell your SUV and save the cash for a rainy day. I'm assuming since you're not with the chick with the kid anymore, you most likely don't need the SUV anymore, right?
I'd sell it in a heartbeat in your shoes.

Anyway, enough advice. You didn't write to "Dear Annie."
I agree with what you're saying. Riding my Ninja relieves stress for me, too, as I'm sure it does for anyone and everyone else who rides a motorcycle.
I am selling it and buying a cheap car from my mentor. I dont need the suv any more

Old November 10th, 2011, 09:41 PM   #10
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 10th, 2011, 09:43 PM   #11
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 13 Triumph Street Triple R, 09 Ninja 250r (Sold 4/20/12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehorse View Post
What have you got up for after the snow flies? You need a hobby or something to keep your happy spot glowing when the lovely lady is parked for the winter.
I can't put it away haha. Once the snow is off the roads you can bet I will find a day to ride.

09 ninja 2fiddy SE Driving slow things fast
00NissanNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 11th, 2011, 06:53 AM   #12
Firehorse
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00NissanNinja View Post
I can't put it away haha. Once the snow is off the roads you can bet I will find a day to ride.
That's how I feel right now, you'll have to yank it out of my cold, desperate hands!

Old November 11th, 2011, 07:00 AM   #13
Firehorse
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by leogutierrez17 View Post
I m glad I'm not the only one who's feels that way. and I don't know what I will be doing when it snows. I guess I could sit on my bike and make vroom vroom noises LOL no I don't know. maybe just do homework, play bf3, or sit quietly as I descend into madness LOL.
We won't let you. Vroom vroom! lol!

Quote:
BTW love the dragon on the mist line. that's awesome. keep enjoying riding!
I totally stole that from the movie Excalibur but it's so perfect!! Every time I hit a fog patch, that how I feel.

Last night at 4am, took a pic beside a GoJit truck for a laugh. They sponsor motorcycle racing so I figured it was as close as my bike would ever get to their logo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nov112011 003.jpg (74.2 KB, 3 views)

Old November 11th, 2011, 07:38 AM   #14
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
We won't let you. Vroom vroom! lol!

I totally stole that from the movie Excalibur but it's so perfect!! Every time I hit a fog patch, that how I feel.

Last night at 4am, took a pic beside a GoJit truck for a laugh. They sponsor motorcycle racing so I figured it was as close as my bike would ever get to their logo.
Love the metallic blue look of your bike in that pic.

Old November 11th, 2011, 07:47 AM   #15
Firehorse
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
Love the metallic blue look of your bike in that pic.
I love to park under lights. Ooo, sparkly! Like riding a big chunk of fast jewelry!

Old November 11th, 2011, 07:58 AM   #16
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
I love to park under lights. Ooo, sparkly! Like riding a big chunk of fast jewelry!

I'm not a big fan of sparkly jewellery, but sparkly Ninjettes... mmMMMmmmm.

Old November 11th, 2011, 11:44 AM   #17
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
sounds like the addiction has caught one more. people ask why ride a bike with the dangers and such... what they don't understand is riding a bike isn't just transportation... it's recreation. its a break from it all when all these people are stuck in their cars trying to get somewhere.

Old November 11th, 2011, 01:58 PM   #18
Kerberos
ninjette.org member

Vroom Vroom!! lol. Love the pic Firehorse, really brings the sexy out of a already super sexy bike , i have a blue ninja to. I want to ride today. I didnt cause i want to change the oil first. I just lubed the chain and some joints sense its been raining. I really need to wipe her down and oil everything. Love the smell of chain oil lol. And yes im addicted. I will be riding this weekend sense i only was able to ride once this week. In the morning it has been icy but by 10am its gone. and yes. it is a big chunk of sexy jewelry, 250cc of metal, plastic, and fun

And Alex.s i hate driving my cage now. its sooo depressing. i need to take some pics with my bike

Old November 14th, 2011, 10:57 AM   #19
Firehorse
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post

I'm not a big fan of sparkly jewellery, but sparkly Ninjettes... mmMMMmmmm.
I'm a silversmith among other things so big chunky shiny things get my attention. Not chrome...ewww.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
sounds like the addiction has caught one more. people ask why ride a bike with the dangers and such... what they don't understand is riding a bike isn't just transportation... it's recreation. its a break from it all when all these people are stuck in their cars trying to get somewhere.
It's being part of the world not just watching the world go by.
Next time someone complains there's nothing on TV, I'll tell them to buy a motorcycle and they'll never notice the TV.

Quote:
Vroom Vroom!! lol. Love the pic Firehorse, really brings the sexy out of a already super sexy bike , i have a blue ninja to. I want to ride today. I didnt cause i want to change the oil first. I just lubed the chain and some joints sense its been raining. I really need to wipe her down and oil everything. Love the smell of chain oil lol. And yes im addicted. I will be riding this weekend sense i only was able to ride once this week. In the morning it has been icy but by 10am its gone. and yes. it is a big chunk of sexy jewelry, 250cc of metal, plastic, and fun
It's icy in the mornings here too. I like to go riding in the middle of the night so I'm staying really upright in the corners until I get to the nice dry roads and the tires have time to warm up. I also try to avoid some of the bridges if it's really humid out. They definitely ice up first and last! Take it easy in the really shady spots, I found they still had ice even late in the day.

Old November 16th, 2011, 02:02 PM   #20
nezumiamalek
ninjette.org member

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 250R

riding at times can be surreal
nezumiamalek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 16th, 2011, 05:29 PM   #21
kaiserz
There's a limit to s2pdty

Name: A.D.

Motorcycle(s): 250r ninja (sold)

The joy of riding = priceless I feel the same, my ninja has kept me sane on those rough times.
kaiserz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 16th, 2011, 06:44 PM   #22
NDspd
1/4 English, 3/4 Kick Ass

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Triumph Speed Triple 955i, '05 Suzuki SV650S(retired), '11 Ninja 250R(sold)

Quote:
literally the best part of my day is walking to my bike and throwing the cover off. stare at her and then take off.
the sound of the motor, the feel of the tranny when you shift gears. the rpm needle bouncing around.

it really relives so much of my daily stress.

but the first time i went for a ride it pulled me out, the first time i layed on the tank doing 75+, first time i took a corner with my knee out and pulled the bike over. the first ride in the rain. it is like nothing i can explain.

i always look forward to that ride in the morning.
more then once have i just wanted to keep riding and riding and not stop.
the only thing now is some ridding pals and i be good.
Dude you and me have more in common than I want to believe. I'm a sophomore in college as well, school this quarter was an absolute bore and money was low.

When I began riding, I just couldn't stop, I'm constantly seeing how far I can go or what new places I can explore. I can't explain how intimate a bike is, like you said, the tranny, the vibrations of the bike. If I'm going on a spirited ride, I really zone in, almost like I forget who I am and the fact I'm on a bike. It's like as if I am the bike and the bike is me, and we are one. You don't think about anything except riding, what a relief it is man.

Most of my friends think I love my bike too much, but they have no idea the sensations and feelings you go through on a motorcycle. Have fun and be safe out there man.
NDspd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 17th, 2011, 11:46 AM   #23
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDspd View Post
It's like as if I am the bike and the bike is me, and we are one.
Very corny... but...

+1

Old November 17th, 2011, 04:24 PM   #24
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
That's how I feel right now, you'll have to yank it out of my cold, desperate hands!
This sounds so .......