ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old February 19th, 2009, 01:18 PM   #1
00v_Lucky
ninjette.org sage

Name: Howard

Motorcycle(s): '09 Candy Thunder Blue Ninja 250R

Post your Vandalism stories here!

I am pretty mad about some of the things that have been done to my bike and car and just wondering if you guys had some similar stories. Vent it all out!

In my apartments someone tipped over my bike! I am guessing the person was mad that I took up a whole (first come first serve) parking spot. (I would have parked somewhere else, but at the time there was nothing left so it was my last option to park it there) Luckily i had my bike covered so the fairings didn't get scratched.

Also, I parked my car on the street, someone guessed that it'd be fun to slash tires. I just replaced my tires too ! my new tires were less than a week old.

I have other stories but it'd be too much of a tl;dr to post.

Anyone else got some good stories?

Please don't tell me im the only one with vandals near my block
00v_Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 19th, 2009, 01:31 PM   #2
grandmaster
ninjette.org member

Name: Levi

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R, CR125R

My jeep got vandalized about 7 months ago. Parked outside my friends house and left for about 2 hours. Came back and there was chocolate syrup and whipping cream all over it. I had just painted my hood and fenderfares in my autobody class not even 1 day before this. The chocolate syrup was only on there for 2 hours max before i washed it off and it ruined the paint! you could see right where they had put the syrup on it. I was pretty pissed! The next day I began wet sanding and repainted them all....waist of 160 bucks!
grandmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 19th, 2009, 02:31 PM   #3
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Name: Sunny

Motorcycle(s): 06 Kawasaki Ninja EX250

The tires on my Civic were slashed. Two of them. They couldn't do one noooo they had to do two. We figured they made a mistake and were actually targeting another car instead of mine (bad blood between one of my roomates at the time and an old Gf's brother or something). But... Like a lot of things, couldn't prove it.

Old February 19th, 2009, 03:52 PM   #4
kkim

Howard... seriously, have you ever considered moving?

Did you ever buy that exhaust you were thinking about? Could all this be related to the increased noise, if so?

Also, why did you just change your tires? How many miles do you have on your bike?
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 19th, 2009, 07:33 PM   #5
Sailariel
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

We don`t have a vandalism problem here. I did hear that at the big motorcycle meet in Laconia NH a lot of Asian bikes were "Keyed" by HD riders who called them "Jap Trash". I would expect that the average Harley rider does not have the intelligence or competence to ride a sport bike. I leave them to their leathers with fringe, do rags, etc. For them every day is Haloween.
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 19th, 2009, 11:59 PM   #6
jpnfrk
Her name is Itoshii

Name: Nani

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250

One time my car alarm sensors went berserk and even the wind would make it go off. So a neighbor took "justice" into their hands and scratched both doors on the right side of the car I'm guessing with 4 keys or something that left scratch marks like Wolverine...

I was very very upset.

Old February 20th, 2009, 12:05 AM   #7
00v_Lucky
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
Howard... seriously, have you ever considered moving?

Did you ever buy that exhaust you were thinking about? Could all this be related to the increased noise, if so?

Also, why did you just change your tires? How many miles do you have on your bike?

yea, i want to move the HELL OUTTA HERE!

and since the majority of my fellow 250 riders do not have a replica, I will wait on that raffle to come through! if not, ill just have to contact that guy again and see if he still has it.

And I changed the tires on my rsx because they have been riding on the stock ones for 3 years and felt that I could just have them lying around for a day of track riding =]
As for the flat tire incident, i had to call in a friend of mine so i can use his 5 lug spare (had to do the tire change in the rain)to roll it to the shop. I got some falkenzzzz

My bike just hit the 2k =]

Old February 20th, 2009, 12:12 AM   #8
aloh
lolwut

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

vandals FTL. Its such a cowardly way to attack someone.

Im lucky enough to not have had any vandalism done to my car or bike, but I have had one incident of a hit-and-run on my car. I went in to watch a movie, and when I came out, I see the left side of my rear bumper hanging off my car. Boy was i mad...

It could have been worse. The a-hole could have destroyed my carbon fiber diffuser, but luckily it came out in tact. Unfortunately, the whole rear bumper had to be replaced, and the left rear fender had to be repainted since it was scraped.

Heres how i temporarily fixed it before I took it to the body shop.

Old February 20th, 2009, 12:15 AM   #9
Angel-be-Good
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, '11 Street Triple R

Went to a sports bar in San Jose to watch some MMA, got out and my bike looked/looks like this:

Can't have anything nice.

Old February 20th, 2009, 12:15 AM   #10
jpnfrk
Her name is Itoshii

With Band-Aids?!?!?!!?

Old February 20th, 2009, 12:18 AM   #11
aloh
lolwut

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpnfrk View Post
With Band-Aids?!?!?!!?
I ran out of superman and hello kitty ones, so regular ones had to do.

Old February 20th, 2009, 12:33 AM   #12
ManyCavies
ninjette.org sage

Name: Crissy

Motorcycle(s): . . . . . . . 2000 Suzuki Intruder VS800 "Suzi", 2008 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 "Yoshi"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailariel View Post
We don`t have a vandalism problem here. I did hear that at the big motorcycle meet in Laconia NH a lot of Asian bikes were "Keyed" by HD riders who called them "Jap Trash". I would expect that the average Harley rider does not have the intelligence or competence to ride a sport bike. I leave them to their leathers with fringe, do rags, etc. For them every day is Haloween.
Remember, don't judge by the bike they ride. I know alot of HD riders that are cool. And I know a lot of cruisers that ride goldwings and such that are awful!!

Old February 20th, 2009, 02:02 AM   #13
00v_Lucky
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Sallee View Post
Went to a sports bar in San Jose to watch some MMA, got out and my bike looked/looks like this:

Can't have anything nice.
OMG! I would have went berzerk!

Old February 20th, 2009, 03:50 AM   #14
komohana

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 05 GSX-R 600 2003 EX250: Woodcraft Bars, Levers, Mirrors, Shim'd Mixture, Synthetic, '08 Rear Shock

fatal attraction genre type vandalizm...uh-huh

oh alright...

...so i'm at the all hands club (yeah sounds good but it's a club for service men and women of all ranks at the navy base i work at ), and i park the interceptor close to the entrance. it's a busy night there and i step outside only to see my cycle laying down on it's side.. yeah..what?!?
the bike is on its left side. after picking up my baby and doing my best McGarret manuver, i'm convinced someone simply stood the bike up off the stand, kicked it up and just let it fall.. no signs of another vehicle being involved...damage just to the side it's laying on (turn signal doinked...tarozzi rearset shifter snapped off...) no drag marks..

ok so i phone base security and in less than a minute an officer arrives...

(cue fatal attraction soundtrack)

see...this security officer happens to be this woman who had asked me out to a christmas party for another job she worked at.... and we DID have fun...that was december..it's now march, and since that party she's been wanting to get more involved...and sorry but bruddah was having none of that, but i was being a gentleman about it...thats right i said it!
she had overstepped some boundaries in her quest to persist and persuade, and i finally told her that enough was enough, and no means THE HELL WITH THAT!
ANYWAY...i know by the smirk on her face and the way she's carrying herself that she's looking at her own handywork, but not once did i accuse her of doing it.
my buddy who works with her at that other job, also a rider, wanted to flip her truck over and set it on fire, i'm like...it was MY bike not yours, but thanx anyway
so years pass..and this woman and i till today work at the same place (yep she's still a security officer), but several years after this particualr incident, we're talking as i enter the main gate and she asks if i still think she did that to my motorcycle
AHHHHH HA! -- i've waited patiently for her to mention this incident so's i can tell her whats on my mind cuz i've not once accused her of it..(albiet i'm sure she's heard of my suspicions ..)
so i pause...look her straight in the eye, and said...

ahh hell that was so long ago i'd just as soon forget about it and be friends.

so now we're part-time drink'in buds at our monthly union meetings

Remember when sex was safe
and motorcycles were dangerous?
komohana is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 20th, 2009, 06:19 AM   #15
miks
I'm lovin' it.

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): '09 Black 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by komohana View Post

so now we're part-time drink'in buds at our monthly union meetings
Just drinking buds?

Father: You can't do both son.
miks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 20th, 2009, 08:36 AM   #16
komohana

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 05 GSX-R 600 2003 EX250: Woodcraft Bars, Levers, Mirrors, Shim'd Mixture, Synthetic, '08 Rear Shock

Quote:
Originally Posted by miks View Post
Just drinking buds?
yep...JUST drink'n buds

Remember when sex was safe
and motorcycles were dangerous?
komohana is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 20th, 2009, 06:03 PM   #17
Sailariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyCavies View Post
Remember, don't judge by the bike they ride. I know alot of HD riders that are cool. And I know a lot of cruisers that ride goldwings and such that are awful!!
I know some HD riders that are cool too. I have found on the overall that their tolerance for bikes other than HD is low. This is not something new. I saw that in NY State back in 82 when I rode my Norton. Last summer I pulled into a parking lot full of out of state Harleys--in my own home town. I heard these comments to the effect like--should we let this Jap bike park here, etc. I told them to have a nice day, enjoy the restaurant, and welcome to Maine. Life is too short to waste with people of that sort. They can have their costumes and noisy bikes, and their pretend world--I don`t need to be part of it.

Old February 20th, 2009, 06:20 PM   #18
toku
ninjette.org member

Name: Yuri

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250

Maybe not so much vandalism but I've been a victim of the hit and run.

My bike was parked about a block away from my gf's house in the nifty bike spots we have on campus. Around midnight I get a call from a police officer saying that someone hit my bike and ran. There were witnesses but no one got a plate. Most of the damage was to the upper fairing but also one of the mounting points for the head light broke as well and my front fended got scuffed. I was pissed when I got there but I still have no clue who did it, I'm just hoping it comes back around and bites that person in the ass some day.

I actually just fixed all the stuff about last month.

Here's a pic of some of the damage, there was another crack on the right hand side of the upper fairing. Sorry this pic sucks....

Old February 20th, 2009, 06:31 PM   #19
miks
I'm lovin' it.

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): '09 Black 250R

Quote:
Life is too short to waste with people of that sort.
Nicely said!

And I giggle every time you refer to their "costumes"

Father: You can't do both son.
miks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 21st, 2009, 08:44 AM   #20
NJD022588
============

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

In my apartment complex I have to park my bike and car in the same spot. I chose a spot that has a walkway next to it so I can still get my bike out when my car is parked normally, but this spot happened the be the spot that everyone likes since it's right in front of my building. A couple days after getting a fake letter from the apartment complex saying I'm not allowed to park my bike like that my cover was stolen. Apparently, someone really didnt want me to park there so I moved my car and bike to a spot in the very back of the parking lot next to a "Maintenance Only" spot so I can still get my bike out.

I never found any other vandalism though so this just cost me $40 for a new cover.
NJD022588 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 21st, 2009, 02:15 PM   #21
Sailariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJD022588 View Post
In my apartment complex I have to park my bike and car in the same spot. I chose a spot that has a walkway next to it so I can still get my bike out when my car is parked normally, but this spot happened the be the spot that everyone likes since it's right in front of my building. A couple days after getting a fake letter from the apartment complex saying I'm not allowed to park my bike like that my cover was stolen. Apparently, someone really didnt want me to park there so I moved my car and bike to a spot in the very back of the parking lot next to a "Maintenance Only" spot so I can still get my bike out.

I never found any other vandalism though so this just cost me $40 for a new cover.
NJ, You might want to consider getting a stencil set (Office Supply) and some paint that works on fabric, and stencil your name on both sides of the cover. That will make your cover unique and much less likely to be stolen.

Old February 22nd, 2009, 07:23 AM   #22
jpnfrk
Her name is Itoshii

Quote:
NJ, You might want to consider getting a stencil set (Office Supply) and some paint that works on fabric, and stencil your name on both sides of the cover. That will make your cover unique and much less likely to be stolen.
I'm also parked in a 'premium' spot at my apt. complex and I was thinking if instead of putting my name on the cover, perhaps my apt. # so that if anybody has any qualms they know where to find me?

Also, I have mine on its centerstand, and I'm wondering... is it true that it'd be harder for the "attacker" to throw the bike down than if it were on its sidestand?

Old February 22nd, 2009, 09:36 AM   #23
toku
ninjette.org member

Name: Yuri

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpnfrk View Post
I'm also parked in a 'premium' spot at my apt. complex and I was thinking if instead of putting my name on the cover, perhaps my apt. # so that if anybody has any qualms they know where to find me?

Also, I have mine on its centerstand, and I'm wondering... is it true that it'd be harder for the "attacker" to throw the bike down than if it were on its sidestand?
No sadly if someone's really intent on knocking it over they still can with just about as much effort.

Old February 22nd, 2009, 09:44 AM   #24
00v_Lucky
ninjette.org sage

would it be better to keep your bike out with the rear stand on? or is there a big chance someone might steal that AND tip over your bike.