ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old August 30th, 2015, 12:00 PM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[visordown.com] - Petrucci scores first MotoGP podium

DANILO Petrucci ‘started laughing’ in the last corner as he couldn’t believe he was about to take his first ever MotoGP podium.

Throughout the 2015 season, Octo Pramac Racing’s Danilo Petrucci has shown consistency and scored points at every round of the MotoGP World Championship to date.

Petrucci, on-board the Ducati GP14.1, was unlikely to place on the podium at Silverstone until Sunday’s heavy rain fall happened and he found himself battling with Movistar Yamaha’s Valentino Rossi for the victory.

Rain is seen as an equalizer in motorcycle racing, difference in top speed and performance is reduced and instead it’s the skills of the rider that shines through.

With nothing to lose, except a few points, Petrucci braked late, took many risks and set some of the best lap time of the race.

“I really don’t understand why Valentino came so close lap by lap,” explained the Italian.

“But then Dovizioso came and the rain fell harder and I was scared about the front. In the last two laps Dovi took a little gap. In the last lap in the last corner I started laughing, as I couldn’t believe it!”

Petrucci’s braking was so late that Ducati’s Andrea Dovizioso was left scared to follow him as he worried the Octo Pramac would slide out into the kitty litter.

Past seasons have seen ‘Petrux’ on uncompetitive machines, but since riding with Pramac he has lost over ten kilograms of body weight and his passion and focus are now reformed.

Related Content

Double podium for Ducati Team a 'special result'
Dovizioso admits the GP15 is ‘still missing something’
Rear sprocket issue for Dovizioso at Mugello
Dovizioso: ‘We’ve confirmed the GP15 is competitive’
Ducati finish day two second and fifth

Click here for full story...