ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old October 28th, 2011, 08:39 AM   #1
DarC
DUCEATR

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): RVT1000R

New rider, liter bike, poor judgement.....

Since my position allows me to be privy to certain information, the information in this case are the facts that this was indeed a new rider and this was his first bike, a GSXR1000. He was racing another bike when he overcorrected a possible tank slapper and ended up split in two.

This isn't to scare people into not riding but it is a wake up call that with great power comes great responsibility. I also wanted to commend all those who are here because they are first time riders...doing it the right way! Ride safe!

http://www.ktsm.com/local/deadly-mot...r-east-el-paso

UPDATE: 7:25 a.m. Thursday, October 27

According to Special Traffic Investigators with the El Paso County Sheriff's Office, the victim's body was severed after his motorcycle slammed into a guardrail.

Deputy Angelica Becera said the motorcyclist was thrown about a hundred yards after he lost control of his bike on I-10 near the Eastlake Exit.

"Right now, our preliminary investigations indicate that the motorcycle was traveling on Interstate-10 at a high rate of speed, according to a witness, and veered off to the north portion of the shoulder and lost control of the motorcycle and struck a guardrail. Due to the massive impact, it resulted in the gentleman's death" said Becerra.

Becerra said the victim was wearing a helmet. He died at the scene. The Sheriff's Office has not released his name.

A witness who was at the scene called our newsroom and said he saw two motorcycles racing before one of them lost control and hit a guard rail. That witness also said the victim was a Fort Bliss soldier in his 30's.

Newschannel 9 is working to confirm that information.
2001 SP1 RC51- #62 -Akrapovic Ti, PCIII, Colin Edward's first baby tooth, Honda Racing sticker, some Japanese doods best attempt at Engrish scribbled on my engine block, little touch of soul.
DarC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 28th, 2011, 08:43 AM   #2
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

Name: Umar

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R; 2011 250R (sold)

Wow! RIP, but I'm pretty sure it was bound to happen to this guy.

Btw, I convinced a friend of mine to buy a 250 instead of the GSXR600 he was looking at. I just saved a dude's life.

Old October 28th, 2011, 09:06 AM   #3
DarC
DUCEATR

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): RVT1000R

Probably so, that's why I sold my ninjette when I did. I was going to have it in the stable for the wife and future track bike but a new rider said he was sontemplating his first bike and I stole the show with the ninjette and sold it to him. I feel great knowing I helped someone make the right first choice. I kind of wished I had done that 15 years ago but I survived the wrath of an R6...
2001 SP1 RC51- #62 -Akrapovic Ti, PCIII, Colin Edward's first baby tooth, Honda Racing sticker, some Japanese doods best attempt at Engrish scribbled on my engine block, little touch of soul.
DarC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 28th, 2011, 11:53 AM   #4
rusninja
Ninjette wanabe :D

Name: Ruslan

Motorcycle(s): white 300 :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Green_Demon View Post
Wow! RIP, but I'm pretty sure it was bound to happen to this guy.

Btw, I convinced a friend of mine to buy a 250 instead of the GSXR600 he was looking at. I just saved a dude's life.
Til a soccermom catchs up to him. XD jk

Old October 28th, 2011, 12:43 PM   #5
KawiKid860
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Murphey

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Honda 919, 2004 Ninja 500R NAKED

R.I.P. even though it was squidly circumstances. I cant imagine owning a l1terbike... the power of my 500 keeps me happy for the most part, Hell it can even pop up the front tire in 1st and 2nd just by going WOT
KawiKid860 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 28th, 2011, 12:48 PM   #6
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Very sad: RIP.

Obviously the Ninjette is capable of putting you in great danger, but I do agree that it's a much more sensible bike to start on (and maybe even indefinitely stay with) than a 600CC+ bike.

One of the guys I did my motorcycle course with said he had a 600CC bike and that he was going riding abroad shortly after doing the course with a friend. I feel like there is a good chance that he has been really hurt already. I can imagine his friend riding fast and a comfortable rate and this new rider trying to keep up with him and getting himself into trouble.
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 28th, 2011, 12:51 PM   #7
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
not to be an inconsiderate dick, but... darwinism at its best.

Old October 28th, 2011, 12:52 PM   #8
Havok
Internet Slut

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 04 FZ1, 07 FZ6

I Plan on getting a liter bike here soon but it sure as hell is not my first bike. 250 to a 600 soon to a 1000. RAWR!
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 28th, 2011, 01:00 PM   #9
gt_turbo
ninjette.org sage

Name: L

Motorcycle(s): '09 250R, '13 CBR500R

forrest gump: "my momma always said stupid is, as stupid does"
gt_turbo is offline   Reply With Quote