Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old August 8th, 2011, 06:20 AM   #121
kyrider
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bobbert

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushmaster11B View Post
Kentucky Lake, LBL right? I've been camping there. Wish I didn't have to sell my bass boat or I would have it in the water all thetime there. If you still go to KY Lake, then hit me up later this month and we will ride it Ninjette style. It's only 45 mins away, I live in Hoptown.
You are about 2.5 hrs west of me. I am over that way a few times a year and may get my lil 250 over there sometime. More than likely I will have my fishing boat over that way in the spring.

You have to try Patty's!

Awesome food!

http://www.pattis-settlement.com/
kyrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 8th, 2011, 09:50 AM   #122
Too40gawlf
ninjette.org guru

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Super Sherpa!

Quote:
Can you tell us what you did completely? (supplements, dieting, workout, ect.)
Alright, so I didnt get a chance to post last night as I was wrapped up in Breaking Bad, but I wanted to pass along some of the things that've worked for me.

First off, start drinking more a lot of water. Start lugging a gallon jug with you and try to get at least one gallon down a day. This becomes no problem if you are doing any PT in the heat. Increased water in your system has 3 or 4 benefits:
  • 'thins' your blood - so more oxygen is circulating to your muscles/lungs/brain as the thinner blood circulates easier
  • makes you urinate more, which has a cleansing effect on the body
  • hydrates you and ensures that you have no dehydration issues when PTing the heat
  • gives you something to drink aside from soda

Second, if want to drop pounds and you dont want to change your diet drastically, you HAVE to PT hard. Im not talking about getting out there and shuffling along at a nice comfortable pace and then going home to gorge yourself on chow. Im talking about thrashing yourself. You got to make it so you look forward to that feeling of wanting to throw up during a good run. I try to incorporate lifting/running on the same day - with lifting first. Here's an example of a bicep/shoulder workout followed by cardio:

Seated biceps curls: 4 sets x 10 reps (15 second rest between sets)
------- 30 second rest between exercises -------
Seated shoulder press: 4 sets x 10 reps (15 second rest between sets)
Standing bicep curls with curl bar: 4 sets x 10 reps (15 second rest between sets)
Standing shoulder raises with curl bar: 4 sets x 10 reps (15 second rest between sets)
Seated curls, curl machine: 4 sets x 12 reps (15 second rest between sets)
Shoulder shrugs, dumbells: 4 sets x 12 reps
FINISH

Then hit some cardio on the treadmill after a 5 or 10 minute rest to stretch and hydrate. Personally, for me I do a 30 minute block on the treadmill at between 6:40 and 6:58 minute mile pace. Depending on which type of treadmill I'm using and how hard I want to push, I'll vary the pace. So far this year, Ive been able to get 4.56 miles in 30 minutes.

There will be certain days where I only have enough energy/time to either lift or cardio and I will have to choose one or the other. Lately, Ive been giving priority to cardio. In addition, I've been running with some guys from work and we do group runs that are at a slower pace but longer distances and incorporate hilly terrain.

As far as supplements are concerned, I've taken a variation of the following over the last 3 months.

- Axis HT

- Jackd 3d

- 1 MR

- Oxy Elite Pro - have been on this for the last couple of weeks as thermogrenic

Food wise, its very important to try to max out the amount of protein you take in every day. I've found Starkist makes delicious 6.4 oz Tuna pouches in oil that have 39 g protein per pouch. When Im watching my diet, I will eat this twice a day each time with a cup of microwave rice which has another 8 g protein. Combine that with a few 3 oz cuts of chicken breast cooked in the Foreman grill and maybe a couple of 3/4 oz pieces of flank steak cooked in a skillet and 4-6 boiled egg whites a day. top all that off with a Pure Pro 50 shake:

For another 50g protein and you have a daily intake of 200-250 g of lean protein. Throw some carrot sticks and veggies in there for some greenage and you good a good diet going.

My problem is that after 3 or 4 days of the above diet, I get tired of tuna, eggs, and water and revert back to donuts, Dr. Pepper, and BigMacs. However, I guarantee you that if you follow the above diet for 10-15 days with the proscribed PT 2 out of every 3 days, you will drop 6-8 lbs easily.

Thats a summary of what Ive found works.
Too40gawlf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 8th, 2011, 03:33 PM   #123
BlackNinja
ninjette.org member

Name: J

Motorcycle(s): '09 2fiddy

If this doesn't motivate anyone to get into shape, well, you're gay. My goodness, she makes me regret every fat kid food I've ever eaten in my life.

Link to original page on YouTube.

BlackNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 9th, 2011, 06:56 PM   #124
Too40gawlf
ninjette.org guru

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Super Sherpa!

Tonight's weight was around 198, maybe a little less - but we'll go with 198 for safety's sake.

Here's tonight's photo:

Tuesday AUGUST 08, 2011 - 198 lbs

Im actually starting to see a bit of a difference now. The gut is looking a bit tighter, the shoulders and chest are taking slightly better shape. Continually getting remarks at work too.
Too40gawlf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 15th, 2011, 05:58 PM   #125
Bushmaster11B
Bushmaster11B

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R "Limited Edition" w/ Metallic, Pearl Essent, Candy Coat 3 Tone Paint Job

Since you are in good shape now and you are cutting, I believe you should look into the "Insanity" work out videos. After my eyes heal up in the next 15-30 days, I'm hitting Insanity up hard.

Also, when you do your lifting.... try switching to high reps and lower weight, no breaks between sets. Rotate through 3-5 line up weight lifting excersizes. Flxuate your low rep heavy lifting vs. high rep low weight lifting every week. This will not only build endurance (which builds metabilism faster) but it will prevent plateau.

Food: try other fished like fresh grilled salmon. (george foreman should work greak, it's faster), salads with olive oil and basalmic viniger (if you like it). I know pasta with any white sauce is very good night prior to cardio. You don't have to sacrifice good foods, just bad food like fast foods. Every now and then (1 day a week for me) cheat and eat whatever you like. You deserve it and you worked hard for it. Just don't be excessive, you know?

So how do you like that Oxy Pro Elite? Good stuff huh? I like everything you use for supplements too. Jacked 3D is good, it offers alot for lifting. It doesn't cause the jitters however the only thing I would be concerned about is how it expans your blood vessels. Be careful with it Bro. Follow what the black label warning says. I use NO Explode. It does cause the jitters but I have found that it stabilizes the oxygen in your blood better and more without expanding your blood vessels. Basically, it will work faster and stay in your system longer which in turn builds your muscles bigger (true strength and size vs. water filled muscles) if you understand exactly what creatine does. The only thing about it isthat you may have to get another creatine supplement mecause it doesn't have much as jacked 3D.

Old August 16th, 2011, 04:34 AM   #126
BlackNinja
ninjette.org member

Quote:
So how do you like that Oxy Pro Elite? Good stuff huh? I like everything you use for supplements too. Jacked 3D is good, it offers alot for lifting. It doesn't cause the jitters however the only thing I would be concerned about is how it expans your blood vessels. Be careful with it Bro. Follow what the black label warning says. I use NO Explode. It does cause the jitters but I have found that it stabilizes the oxygen in your blood better and more without expanding your blood vessels. Basically, it will work faster and stay in your system longer which in turn builds your muscles bigger (true strength and size vs. water filled muscles) if you understand exactly what creatine does. The only thing about it isthat you may have to get another creatine supplement mecause it doesn't have much as jacked 3D.
The first time I took NO Explode... I exploded alright. Almost didn't make it to the toliet!! And for me, it's just too much powder to take. It takes a lot of water for me to make the taste bearable to consume, then I get that "water belly" feeling. Not good when it's an ab workout day.

Jack3d is far from tasting like Skittles, but it's a helluva lot easier to take than Black Powder, NO Explode, etc. Haven't tried Super Pump yet, wonder if it's any good.

It's got to be either genetics, or you're just much more used to caffeine than I am. Jack3d makes me jitter, face tingle...and gives me the urge to lift something heavy. :P

Old August 16th, 2011, 06:40 PM   #127
kyrider

A lot goes into diet and a lot of money is spent on supplements. Years ago I spent tons of hard earned money on creatine, whey, andro, etc until a good friend of mine who works at a prison told me about the inmate diet. I quit buying so many supplements after that.

Old August 17th, 2011, 07:51 PM   #128
Bushmaster11B
Bushmaster11B

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R "Limited Edition" w/ Metallic, Pearl Essent, Candy Coat 3 Tone Paint Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNinja View Post
The first time I took NO Explode... I exploded alright. Almost didn't make it to the toliet!! And for me, it's just too much powder to take. It takes a lot of water for me to make the taste bearable to consume, then I get that "water belly" feeling. Not good when it's an ab workout day.

Jack3d is far from tasting like Skittles, but it's a helluva lot easier to take than Black Powder, NO Explode, etc. Haven't tried Super Pump yet, wonder if it's any good.
LMAO, yes it sure will make you $&$% your pants if you are not careful. I like it though and after time that side effect goes away.

Alot of Soldier during deployment was taking "Animal". Anyone know anything about this product?

"Damn I can't wait until my eyes get better, I miss doing PT with my Platoon."

Old August 18th, 2011, 08:57 AM   #129
BlackNinja
ninjette.org member

Not sure on Animal. My buddy tried C4, after the rumor mill started that Jack3d was making military guys pop positive on their piss test. It was that, a rumor. And his C4? Yeah, pretty sure that the "C4" exploded in his colon. I don't think he ever worked out that day, was too busy shitting his brains out.

I found great humor in it...because it wasn't me!

Old August 19th, 2011, 09:40 AM   #130
Bushmaster11B
Bushmaster11B

LOL, Sooooooo..... what you are really saying is that C-4 works the @$$hole better than a gym workout? LOL, That's not good. Funny, but not good.

Sticking to my NO, Protien, ProOxy Elite and a lot of water. Just wish water taste good out the tap because I go through a 5 gallon filter water drum every 1 1/2 to 2 days. Not too exspensive but I have to run to the store all the time.

Not trying to hijack thread but have good news:
So, I was weighed in yesterday and came in at 195. I'm 68". The Army says I'm 16 lbs over weight so then I was taped for my BMI. Guess what guys, I'm down to 14%.... This is great news. Thought I was screwed because my neck measured 16 inches. 22% I think is the max you can be btw. Had no idea I improved that much. still can't understand where the extra 16 lbs is because I'm not that built. Oh well... not complaining. So, yes I passed and now I don't have to worry about getting kicked for being fat!

Old June 4th, 2012, 06:22 PM   #131
kyrider

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...cientists.html