Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Videos

Old June 8th, 2012, 08:32 AM   #41
Jinx250
Smoker

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): Guess....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goom View Post
Have you ever had to take a ride in an ambulance? Unless I'm dying, take me in a car. You could rent a Lamborghini to get to the hospital for less than a short ambulance ride.
Actually, yes, I have. And I didn't have to pay a single dime. Because the FD is already paid for with my tax dollars. That won't stop them from billing you, but you do not have to pay. At leat not in LA County. Your state may vary, but you should look it up so you know the correct answer.
Jinx250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 8th, 2012, 10:20 AM   #42
rmorse
ninjette.org guru

Name: Bobby

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawi Ninja 250R, 2013 Honda CRF450R, 2008 Honda CRF250R, 2001 Honda XR400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx250 View Post
So, he "doesn't need 911" and instead calls his mom. Wow. Yet his leg/ankle is busted.
When I hit the deer on my dirt bike, my moms cell and then my dads cell were the first two numbers my buddy tried, becuase I told him to. I was in pain but also major adrenaline rush....I knew my thumb was broken, but I didn't know how bad I was jacked up. I honestly thought that I was going to get a car ride over to the hospital to get a cast on my hand and then go home.

After both parents didn't pick up, my buddy called 911. They sent an ambulance, cops, and then a helicopter. That's how bad it was, yet I had no idea it was that bad. Until that happens to you, you don't know how you're going to take it.
rmorse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 8th, 2012, 10:56 AM   #43
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

he didnt have his endorsement, and he didnt want to get in trouble. he explained why on the thread he posted it in.
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 8th, 2012, 11:43 AM   #44
Whiskey
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Morgan

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, 2010 STR 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixter View Post
Having dealt with deer myself my preference is to brake when I can as much as I can and steer around only if I have to. The reason I dont prefer to just steer and not try to slow is they sometimes turn around and run the way they came. You can start to go behind them and they will run right back in front of you. If you are going slower you have slightly more time to react and if a collision does happen it happens at a lower speed where injury should be much less.

Most animals learned that if they zig-zag while running they can escape from predators so they do this with vehicles as well.
Sheep have a different take on that one, they run the way the 'predator' is going then just as it's about to catch them they cut right across it's path, it doesn't matter if the predator is a dog, a bike or an APC.

At least deer are tasty
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 8th, 2012, 09:09 PM   #45
Ytse Frobozz
Not dead yet!

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
GO EAT A BAG OF DICKS AND GIVE ME HEROIN NOW!!!
This is my standard response to most requests I receive at work.
Ytse Frobozz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 26th, 2012, 09:03 AM   #46
Jinx250
Smoker

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): Guess....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorse View Post
After both parents didn't pick up, my buddy called 911. They sent an ambulance, cops, and then a helicopter. That's how bad it was, yet I had no idea it was that bad. Until that happens to you, you don't know how you're going to take it.

It HAS happened to me, and I never once considered calling anyone but 911. Of course, I had to rely on someone else to do it since I was in no position to do so.
Jinx250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 26th, 2012, 05:37 PM   #47
drac
ninjette.org member

Name: drac

Motorcycle(s): '88 Hurricane 600, '09 Ninja 250

Always kinda curious about this sorta thing. I come from a racing background and the maxim is "When in doubt GAS IT". If you had a half second to do something is getting on the gas the right move?????

A motorcycle is more stable the faster it is going and also when under power as opposed to braking. I am curious what the right move would be...........Grab the binders and scrub 7-10mph and crash for sure OR gas it and hope power and speed keep you upright and driving forward?

Old June 26th, 2012, 05:48 PM   #48
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
The correct move would be to wear boots
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 26th, 2012, 05:51 PM   #49
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
........hahahahahhahahahahahhahahaha

Old June 26th, 2012, 06:12 PM   #50
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

boots would have saved his ankle... or at least helped him come away with a lot less damage to it.
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 27th, 2012, 12:24 PM   #51
rmorse
ninjette.org guru

Name: Bobby

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawi Ninja 250R, 2013 Honda CRF450R, 2008 Honda CRF250R, 2001 Honda XR400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx250 View Post
It HAS happened to me, and I never once considered calling anyone but 911. Of course, I had to rely on someone else to do it since I was in no position to do so.
Like I said, until it happens to you, you have no idea how you will react. You, apparantly, can keep your cool and know who to call. I assumed that I wasn't that jacked up.

I have an extremely high tolerance for pain, which gets me in trouble sometimes. Like that accident. I knew my thumb was broken, but I was ready to ride my dirt bike home and then drive to the hospital.
rmorse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 27th, 2012, 12:41 PM   #52
Miles_Prower
One Loyal Fox

Name: Rahul

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R (RIP), 2011 ZX-6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorse View Post
I have an extremely high tolerance for pain, which gets me in trouble sometimes. Like that accident. I knew my thumb was broken, but I was ready to ride my dirt bike home and then drive to the hospital.
in the words of Eminem ..."tried to walk it off..with two broken legs.."
Miles_Prower is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 27th, 2012, 09:18 PM   #53
kyrider
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bobbert

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R

Day before yesterday I had a turkey run out in front of me and backtrack back in front of me again. That is my biggest fear living in such a rural area. Deer and turkey are every where and now Elk are even moving into the area. I have got to get me a summer riding jacket. I admit I was just wearing a t-shirt with no cover.
kyrider is offline   Reply With Quote