ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old July 9th, 2010, 05:51 PM   #1
illrational
ninjette.org member

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): Black '11 ZX-6R

photon flushmounts

I hooked up one and while it blinks my back stock blibkers just stays on...What should i do?I'm sure im going to get clowned but just give me a straight forward answer please.Thanks!!!

Old July 9th, 2010, 09:57 PM   #2
liltenatattoo
ninjette.org member

Name: Tena

Motorcycle(s): 2008 blue 250r "KameSane"

you have to connect the right wires, look at the paper work it came with. there's like 3 different settings you can set the blinkers to do. i don't think you connect all the wires. i had someone install them for me, but i'm pretty sure it said in the paper work how to connect it.
liltenatattoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 9th, 2010, 10:20 PM   #3
Cazper
ninjaholic

Name: Dustin

Motorcycle(s): 09' SE 250R (sold), 03' ZX-6R, 99' XL1200C SP

If you haven't done the diode mod and swapped the flasher relay for an electronic version that would be your problem.
Cazper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 9th, 2010, 11:13 PM   #4
kkim

what are photon flushmounts?
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 10th, 2010, 09:12 AM   #5
Cazper
ninjaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
what are photon flushmounts?
I assumed he meant Proton flushmounts... but I could be wrong

Old July 10th, 2010, 09:22 AM   #6
illrational
ninjette.org member

yes proton and can i get link to diode mod. i went to autozone to get relay according to a post and it didnt work

Old July 10th, 2010, 09:42 AM   #7
noche_caliente
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

You said you hooked one up - the stockers will stay solid if all 4 are not connected...

Old July 10th, 2010, 09:56 AM   #8
illrational
ninjette.org member

i had three stosks hooked up and one proton. The side with two stocks worked ok but the side with one of each, the proton would flash (kind slow i think) and the back stock stayed solid. I went to replace stock flasher according to someone it was on left side but what i see that looks like flasher has something also hooked to it that runs to engine.I AM SO FRUSTRATED RIGHT NOW ITS NOT FUNNY!!!Something that show have been so seimple has my bike in pieces.

Old July 10th, 2010, 10:30 AM   #9
g21-30

Name: Sam

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R 2009 and ZX-12R 2000

Check out:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36477
g21-30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 10th, 2010, 08:25 PM   #10
addy126

Name: addy126

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki N-250 + '09 Vulcan 900 Classic Lt

Quote:
Originally Posted by illrational View Post
i had three stosks hooked up and one proton. The side with two stocks worked ok but the side with one of each, the proton would flash (kind slow i think) and the back stock stayed solid. I went to replace stock flasher according to someone it was on left side but what i see that looks like flasher has something also hooked to it that runs to engine.I AM SO FRUSTRATED RIGHT NOW ITS NOT FUNNY!!!Something that show have been so seimple has my bike in pieces.
Calm down Ryan..... calm down.... lol While you are laying in bed and your mind replays the connection diagrams and instructions over and over, you will sit up all of a sudden and go "hell thats what I missed" run down to the garage, wire it up and "voila".... it works lol..... at least thats what happens to me on mods
addy126 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 10th, 2010, 10:03 PM   #11
Cazper
ninjaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by g21-30 View Post
This is a good DIY, I partially followed this... however, DO NOT... I REPEAT... DO NOT hook up the red wire from the protons, it does not apply to our bikes as we don't have running lights and it makes it so that the light blinks from dim to bright once you have selected the indicator.

Also, here is a link to follow to build the diode kit you need:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showp...6&postcount=76

Then you can get a good idea of where it goes from this thread:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24500

(I have a better set of pictures that I saved from some thread somewhere but can't find it now that I put into a word document and printed for when I did my install... if you can't figure it out from what I've provided here just let me know and I will e-mail my word doc to you if you want it.)

Lastly, you need to purchase a CF12ANL-01 relay from www.superbrightleds.com here is the link for that, trust me it works and you will thank yourself, I had the one from autozone and it didn't work for this application... here is your link:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...ers.htm#Table4

If you need anything else just let me know... this install frustrated me until I got the right parts and put everything together properly... good luck!

Old July 10th, 2010, 10:48 PM   #12
Momaru

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Candy Plasma Blue 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazper View Post
This is a good DIY, I partially followed this... however, DO NOT... I REPEAT... DO NOT hook up the red wire from the protons, it does not apply to our bikes as we don't have running lights and it makes it so that the light blinks from dim to bright once you have selected the indicator.
Not to derail overmuch Cazper, but when I tested the wiring it for the DIY (and as it's still configured 3,500mi later) the orange and red wires tied together leads to a normal blink intensity alternating with the lights being fully off, no 'dim' portion involved. Are yours behaving differently?

That said, I do agree that the red wire is entirely extraneous for any application involving mating the protons to just stock wiring (you'd have to do some modification of the main electrical harness to make use of the running lights). Don't recommend wasting your time with the red wire, best to keep the wiring clean and leave it out.

+1 to the CF12ANL-01 relay from superbrights. Works great.

In theory, just getting the right relay should resolve the issue the OP is having. Diode mod is more for people switching to all-LED. I could be wrong, but that was my experience installing protons with otherwise-stock blinkers.

Old July 11th, 2010, 12:27 PM   #13
illrational
ninjette.org member

Confirmation

Here are pics of the stock relay, where i got it from and what wires were hooked up to it when i took it off, to make sure im working with right part.Is that the stock flasher relay because it seems to be configureed differently.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00510.jpg (60.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00512.jpg (107.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00515.jpg (55.7 KB, 6 views)

Old July 11th, 2010, 01:32 PM   #14
g21-30

Name: Sam

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R 2009 and ZX-12R 2000

That looks like the starter relay.

Below is what you want to replace.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg turn_relay.jpg (185.3 KB, 76 views)
g21-30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 11th, 2010, 01:50 PM   #15
Cazper
ninjaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momaru View Post
...Are yours behaving differently?...
Yes, with both wires connected once you selected the blinker it would flash dim... bright... dim... it never went out until you pushed the switch back in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illrational
...Here are pics of the stock relay...
That is not the flasher relay... the flasher relay is a square black box with 2 prongs in an L shape that is located behind the left rear fairing. Here is a reference picture... I borrowed the picture from kkim, (hope you don't mind, I didn't have any pictures of mine torn apart)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flasher relay.jpg (81.1 KB, 7 views)

Old July 11th, 2010, 02:04 PM   #16
illrational
ninjette.org member

Whew ok thanks fellas. i had feeling that was the wrong thing the second i saw it had power supplied to it. I feel kind of stupid but much better. Again, THANKS!!!!!!!!I'll go ahead and order that relay from the link you sent me Cazper

Old July 11th, 2010, 04:30 PM   #17
illrational
ninjette.org member

Its alive!!!!!!

Thanks everyone who helped. I hooked up the fl-32 relay and everything blink and at a good blinking rate.I going to use that relay until i get teh relay Cazper recommended.I am so relieved.Thanks for the help again!!!You friendly neighborhood NOOB!!!!!!!!!!