ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Old September 18th, 2013, 12:08 PM   #1
KazMan
ninjette.org member

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): none yet

Red Bull Rookies Cup has confirmed new 2014 tryout riders!

Hi All,

As some of you know, I have been supporting a racer by the name of Andrew Lee providing seat time on my BARF Racing/Francesca's Sports Bar EKR 250 at WERA events. Andrew broke into road racing this year and has done very well in the limited appearances he has made winning every race entered and setting a lap record at Las Vegas along the way.

It was confirmed by the Red Bull Rookies Cup yesterday that Andrew has been one of the lucky world-wide applicants to be accepted into their 2014 selection process which take place next month mid-October in Spain.

So now the family is working to pull together funds to get Andrew and his father over to Spain for the tryouts!

I can't speak highly enough about the very humble, but very driven young man. Not only does he work out every day to further himself along in road racing, with hopes to compete on the international level representing the USA, he also maintains a 4.0GPA while also volunteering time to the community.

So if you could please stop by their fundraising page at
http://www.gofundme.com/2uwaag
that would be awesome!! Every little bit helps and if you could share it on your social media page that would be fantastic as well!!

Thanks ALL

Thanks all for the support and contributions! Here is a video of Andrew working out to prepare for the RedBull tryouts

Link to original page on YouTube.

Andrew's first road race weekend at Fontana

Link to original page on Vimeo.

Last futzed with by KazMan; October 3rd, 2013 at 01:14 PM.
KazMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 18th, 2013, 12:27 PM   #2
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

Wow! Very cool!

Old September 19th, 2013, 03:01 AM   #3
iZapp
former ninja 250'er

Name: Geo

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia 1000R, CRF450, CBR600RR tracktoy, Ninja 250 -- GONE!!!!!

that's pretty freekin awesome! (im so jeolous)
how does that program work if Andrew is successfull in the tryouts? - i mean, what level of support ($$$) is required of his parents? i would imagine that at least one parent would travel to each of the races and that's on them, but does Red Bull pay for Andrews travel expenses and provide the bike/support throughout the season?
iZapp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 19th, 2013, 01:30 PM   #4
KazMan
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iZapp View Post
that's pretty freekin awesome! (im so jeolous)
how does that program work if Andrew is successfull in the tryouts? - i mean, what level of support ($$$) is required of his parents? i would imagine that at least one parent would travel to each of the races and that's on them, but does Red Bull pay for Andrews travel expenses and provide the bike/support throughout the season?
It's pretty much the bikes are supported and the rider and family make arrangements to get to the races and back. So travel, lodging, etc. from what I understand, are not covered. Which is why any support is much appreciated.

Old September 23rd, 2013, 11:07 AM   #5
KazMan
ninjette.org member

Andrews halfway there to funding most of the travel expenses needed to get to Spain! If you can, please help this great young man and we will make sure you get a signed picture!

Old September 24th, 2013, 07:55 AM   #6
KazMan
ninjette.org member

Andrew is 2/3rds the way to their minimum goal to offset travel costs for the tryouts!!! Thanks to any that have helped!

Old October 3rd, 2013, 01:14 PM   #7
KazMan
ninjette.org member

Thanks everyone for the support and generous donations! Counting down the days until he flies to Spain

music was created by our very own Dmented Sound

Link to original page on YouTube.