ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old August 5th, 2011, 07:26 AM   #1
planet-beaver
ninjette.org member

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250, Vulcan 500

Super warm jacket

So, its still warm but not for long and my previous jacket was left down in the basement and now I have mushrooms growing on it. Plus it wasn't all that warm previous winter. Any of you ride year round up north? What jacket can you recommend? Not too crazy about plugging my self in, so not looking for electric heated jackets. Thank you.
planet-beaver is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 5th, 2011, 09:31 AM   #2
Honko
ninjette.org sage

Name: Hyon

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Green SE

I can't really help you with the cold-weather jacket since I just started riding this past summer (so I'd be interested myself), but I do definitely think a picture of the mushroom grove on your jacket would enhance this topic
Honko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 5th, 2011, 10:52 AM   #3
planet-beaver
ninjette.org member

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250, Vulcan 500

It's just a lot of mold on it but I'm sure in few weeks we will have harvest time. Hmmm, pizza with mushrooms.
planet-beaver is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 5th, 2011, 11:29 AM   #4
setasai
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

You want warm and weather resistent I assume? Reason I ask is because the thick leather used for motorcycle jackets are super warm and most include a liner that makes it amazing for those cold nights. The coldest it's gotten where I live is 40degF but wind chill brings it down a few degrees. I still stay warm wearing it. Scorpion All-In zippers closed, liner in, hoodie worn under - extremely warm but hands are freezing.
setasai is offline   Reply With Quote