Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Notices

Old October 17th, 2016, 03:03 PM   #1
Swann
ninjette.org member

Name: Jake

Motorcycle(s): 250R

Super Lightweight & Lightweight races in the Philippines

I've been lurking since 2011 and joined up in 2014.

I realized that I haven't shared anything about the 250/300 races here. These are shots of the 2016 Pirelli Cup Lightweight(300-390cc) and Super Lightweight(200-250cc) classes.

We have 3 fast girls, Jacq:Yamaha R3, Des:KTM RC390 and Justine:Yamaha R3. (All in the top 10)

Thanks again for the folks here who share and those who teach.
Swann is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Old October 17th, 2016, 03:05 PM   #2
Swann
ninjette.org member

The grid size ranges from 28-38 bikes.

We shift the series between 2 tracks, the Batangas Racing Circuit(3.8 kms./2.37mi.) and the Clark International Speedway(4.2kms./2.6mi.)

Old October 17th, 2016, 03:07 PM   #3
Swann
ninjette.org member

The grid is comprised of Ninja 250s (Carbureted and injected), Duke 200s, RC200s, Ninja 300s, R3s, RC390s and Duke 390s.

Old October 21st, 2016, 08:14 AM   #4
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Looks like a really fun series you guys have going there. I will be in the Southern Philippines (Cebu) next year. I will have to make some plans to stop off in Manilla on my vacation. Hope I can get a chance to ride with your organization some day after I move there!
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 21st, 2016, 09:07 AM   #5
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Sweet bikes... Looks like y'all are having fun! Thanks for the post, sweet pics

Old October 21st, 2016, 09:38 AM   #6
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
I enjoy races like that way more than the expensive and/or corporate kind.
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 26th, 2016, 09:26 AM   #7
Swann
ninjette.org member

Sounds good.

Which parts will be you be settling in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati999 View Post
Looks like a really fun series you guys have going there. I will be in the Southern Philippines (Cebu) next year. I will have to make some plans to stop off in Manila on my vacation. Hope I can get a chance to ride with your organization some day after I move there!

Old October 26th, 2016, 09:29 AM   #8
Swann
ninjette.org member

Thanks, I rode liter bike for over 30 years and decided to get a 250 in 2011. I never regretted that decision, racing at this level is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo View Post
Sweet bikes... Looks like y'all are having fun! Thanks for the post, sweet pics

Old October 26th, 2016, 09:29 AM   #9
Swann
ninjette.org member

Me too TJ, me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
I enjoy races like that way more than the expensive and/or corporate kind.

Old October 26th, 2016, 09:51 AM   #10
Swann
ninjette.org member

I'll see what i can do about uploading a a race video or two.

Old October 26th, 2016, 06:20 PM   #11
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
I love the little bikes

Old October 27th, 2016, 04:06 AM   #12
Ducati999

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swann View Post
Thanks, I rode liter bike for over 30 years and decided to get a 250 in 2011. I never regretted that decision, racing at this level is awesome.
Hello @Swann ,
My wife is Philippino and her family has a lot of land in the Balamban province of Cebu close to the HUGE ship yard there. We are planning on building a new home on some of the land but with the $$$$ being earned in the Ship Yard, the entire area is really getting a little overdeveloped for our taste. We may buy some land a little bit down the road towards Toledo City. I will PM you when we are heading to the Philippines next year and let you know where we will be traveling around. Last time there we went to Boracai and will most likely go there again next trip. I would love to meet you (and any forum member) in person and I think you would like my wife. She has tackled a few tracks herself on her Ninja 250! I don't have a really good pic of her bike but it is the only non-Ducati in the pictures I posted and then a pic of her. Please DO post some race videos and I hope to ride with you someday!

Ant

The "FILA DUCATI" is what my bike will look like for this season at the track
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ducati_999F03FILA.jpg (115.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Bikes in cellar.jpg (85.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Wife in Gear.jpg (70.6 KB, 3 views)

Old October 27th, 2016, 02:47 PM   #13
Swann
ninjette.org member

Sweet bike, I understand that that is one of the best handling Ducati's.

The only sizable tracks in the country are on the island of Luzon, that would be BRC & CIS. Hopefully we can do a trackday together one day.

BRC costs $31.00 a day, while CIS costs $52.00, but i would suggest renting a paddock in CIS too.

Quote:
Hello @Swann ,
My wife is Philippino and her family has a lot of land in the Balamban province of Cebu close to the HUGE ship yard there. We are planning on building a new home on some of the land but with the $$$$ being earned in the Ship Yard, the entire area is really getting a little overdeveloped for our taste. We may buy some land a little bit down the road towards Toledo City. I will PM you when we are heading to the Philippines next year and let you know where we will be traveling around. Last time there we went to Boracai and will most likely go there again next trip. I would love to meet you (and any forum member) in person and I think you would like my wife. She has tackled a few tracks herself on her Ninja 250! I don't have a really good pic of her bike but it is the only non-Ducati in the pictures I posted and then a pic of her. Please DO post some race videos and I hope to ride with you someday!

Ant

The "FILA DUCATI" is what my bike will look like for this season at the track

Old October 28th, 2016, 04:12 AM   #14
Ducati999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swann View Post
Sweet bike, I understand that that is one of the best handling Ducati's.

The only sizable tracks in the country are on the island of Luzon, that would be BRC & CIS. Hopefully we can do a trackday together one day.

BRC costs $31.00 a day, while CIS costs $52.00, but i would suggest renting a paddock in CIS too.

I would really have to rent a "Garage" space in the paddock, I would melt wearing leathers in the sun! I lose a few pounds every track day no matter how much I try to drink because I sweat even in 60 degree weather! Do they rent all the things you need for a track day? I currently live in the USA. but I will be in the Philippines next fall (2017) and will not have a bike and trying to bring my leathers would leave little space in my luggage for other clothes. I would need a bike, leathers and a few other things. I already discussed this with my wife and we think it might just make for a great part of our vacation. I may be able to borrow a bike from family but getting a bike from Cebu to Manila would be tough. From one island to another is not an issue if they are close but I think it would take several days for a boat to go from Cebu to the capitol to deliver a bike. We flew to Boracai last time which took over an hour and that is not even half way to Manila. I will PM you later to discuss further questions as the date gets closer.

I would really love to do a track day(s) in the Southern Hemisphere!

PS: I would want to ride a 250 or RC390 there, I will leave all my bigger bikes at home!

Old October 28th, 2016, 02:21 PM   #15
Swann
ninjette.org member

Once the bike is in Manila, I can help haul it to the track for you. I have a 3 bike trailer and can save a slot for you on it. (just pitch in for gas and toll fees. It's about $21.00 to and from the track)

My buddies and I normally have a pit crew with us and can help prep your bike for the track. Let me know and we'll see what else we can do to help you out.

Quote:
I would really have to rent a "Garage" space in the paddock, I would melt wearing leathers in the sun! I lose a few pounds every track day no matter how much I try to drink because I sweat even in 60 degree weather! Do they rent all the things you need for a track day? I currently live in the USA. but I will be in the Philippines next fall (2017) and will not have a bike and trying to bring my leathers would leave little space in my luggage for other clothes. I would need a bike, leathers and a few other things. I already discussed this with my wife and we think it might just make for a great part of our vacation. I may be able to borrow a bike from family but getting a bike from Cebu to Manila would be tough. From one island to another is not an issue if they are close but I think it would take several days for a boat to go from Cebu to the capitol to deliver a bike. We flew to Boracai last time which took over an hour and that is not even half way to Manila. I will PM you later to discuss further questions as the date gets closer.

I would really love to do a track day(s) in the Southern Hemisphere!

PS: I would want to ride a 250 or RC390 there, I will leave all my bigger bikes at home!