ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old January 29th, 2014, 07:30 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[visordown.com] - New Alpinestars SMX 6 boots

I get through boots at an alarming rate and because they're white (the only colour you'd buy if you weren't buying them) they look tired and dirty after only a few weeks. Instead of opting for Alpinestars' top-of-the-range Supertech Rs (which are the only boots I've worn for the last 7 years as they're awesome), I'm trying out these new S-MX 6 boots in the much more commuter friendly colours of Black & Red.

The S-MX 6 come in at around £180, a good £100 less than the Supertech Rs. They don't have the inner/outer boot of the Supertech R but they do offer a similar level of protection, with important bits like the heel-guard, ankle-torsion bar, re-enforced toe area and decent thick sole.

I'll let you know how I get on with them, meantime here's the Alpinestars garb:

* Main upper material constructed from advanced microfiber for durability and repeated abrasion resistance.

* Ergonomic new last for forefoot streamlining to enable greater control of the bike’s controls and for superior, wide-ranging foot profile, fit and comfort.

* Alpinestars’ innovative TPU lateral ankle brace protection provides a biomechanical support between lateral top calf/shin and ankle and offers improved structural integrity, protection against impact shocks, repeated abrasion resistance and flex support.

* Alpinestars’ new and exclusive compound rubber sole promotes improved feel and grip, water dispersion and durability.

* Air vents on the heel counter and shin plate plus breathable mesh inserts (vented version only) improve comfort and reduce fatigue on short and long rides.

* High modulus TPU injected shin guard, calf protector, heel counter, shift pad and toe slider for improved shock protection and durability.

* Double density ankle protector on medial side layered under the upper offers protective performance in key area.

* Integrated, replaceable bi-injected TPU slider features new easy screw fixing concept for quicker and easier replacement.

* Innovative instep and Achilles accordion flex zone construction for superior comfort, extension, control and support.

* Internal insole with the shank reinforcement integrated for added support to the arch area and foot protection.

* Medial side entry opening/closure system features elastic-mounted zipper with wide Velcro® closure for flexibility and secure fit. The aperture opening is large to promote easier in/out.

* Internal toe box protection is layered under the upper for durability, improved feel and performance.

* Breathable textile interior lining features anti-sliding suede reinforcement on heel area help keep foot in position while riding.

* New, dual compound removable anatomic footbed includes EVA and Lycra for performance, comfort and support.

* The S-MX 6 boot is CE certified.

Model: Alpinestars S-MX 6 boots

Cost: RRP £189.99 (can be found online for around £160)

Related Content

Öhlins and Yamaha's special edition R1 and R6
Pipewerx's new Slash Cut slip-ons
Kawasaki to upgrade ER-6
Splitting heirs: Yamaha YZF-R6 2005 vs. 2006
2012 Kawasaki ER-6 price speculation

Click here for full story...