ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Notices

Old October 20th, 2021, 08:00 AM   #1
Leonardo Lupo
ninjette.org member

Name: Leo

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

My Ninjette is a stripper now, any parenting advice?!

Almost everything is off. All fairings and plastics excluding front tyre fender and rear fender. Headlight mounts, indicators; have ziptied headlamp to front. Entire gauge cluster. Mirrors. Muffler (weighs a ton!!). Am replacing the ignition barrel with switches. Trying to take as much weight off the front end as possible.

Can anyone think of anything else I could remove/reduce?

I am keeping the rear seat and footpegs. As much as I would like to let them go, would like to throw the girlfriend on the back for trips up and down the road.

Old October 22nd, 2021, 09:45 AM   #2
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

well, that should have reduced the weight by at least 30lbs ! but in the scheme of things it's not much.....plastic isn't very heavy...that's why there is so much of it on the Ninja.....
yes that muffler is heavy... chuck that thing !just put on a piece of pipe about 24" long ! sense your going to the outback ! LOL
actually i think you've got rid of all the weight you can the rest of the stuff is needed to make the engine run !
of course you don't need the emission control stuff on there to go out to the outback... but taking that stuff off is a can of worms as this thing feeds that and without it it won't run and all kinds of trouble is ensued ! so unless you're blessed with a better understanding than I have on the subject you'd best leave that stuff alone !....can it be done ? Yes of course, is it worth it ?
that is something only you can answer !
.... you'll never reduce the rolling weight of a ninja 250 to under 200lbs
if you even get close to that I'd be surprised ! so it is still going to be a heavy dirt bike !
...you might fill the tires with helium though ! HAHAHHAAH!
Bob.......