ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old June 16th, 2015, 01:59 AM   #1
basementmt
ninjette.org member

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

Tank Information Sticker

Hi guys, I tried to remove the tank sticker containing information (in French?) but with no success. I mean, the silver text got removed but the sticker is still very much visible and I cannot remove it in any way, I tried heat gun, adhesive thinner but it's sticked amazingly good.

If any of you is still there, I would appreciate if you can take a picture of it so I'll redesign it, reprint it and fix it there

Thank you
basementmt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 16th, 2015, 06:54 AM   #2
cadd
cadd cadd cadd

Name: Cadd

Motorcycle(s): 300

MOTM - May '15
In the US, we have this product called Goo Gone. It does an amazing job with the adhesive from stickers.

Old June 16th, 2015, 08:51 AM   #3
Kurgan
ninjette.org guru

Name: Kurgan

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

Goo Gone. It works better than anything else I've tried for removing stickers. It's an orange-oil based product so if you have something similar in your country, get it.
Kurgan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 16th, 2015, 08:59 AM   #4
DEFY
ᗧ•••ᗣ•ᗣᗣ•••ᗣ

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R and 2014 Triumph 675R

Goo gone is excellent and it's citrus based so no harmful chemicals, for now until FDA or California slaps a sticker on it for cancer causing agents lol.

Spoiler for topic:
It might just be the [you] tag
DEFY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 17th, 2015, 02:26 AM   #5
basementmt
ninjette.org member

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

Thanks guys for your feedback but really no luck even with a product similar to goo gone. Anyway I managed to find a picture of how it was before all the text disappeared to oblivion.

This is what I am trying to remove:

basementmt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 17th, 2015, 09:40 AM   #6
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
That looks like it's just an English-French translation guide. Rather than redoing everything on the bike in another language to comply with labeling regulations, they can probably just slap that sticker on and call it good.

The oils in peanut butter are also good at breaking down adhesives. http://www.networx.com/article/we-te...h-peanut-butte http://one-parade.com/how-to-remove-...peanut-butter/

*** Unregistered, I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike. ***
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 17th, 2015, 05:48 PM   #7
Kurgan
ninjette.org guru

Name: Kurgan

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by basementmt View Post
Thanks guys for your feedback but really no luck even with a product similar to goo gone. Anyway I managed to find a picture of how it was before all the text disappeared to oblivion.

This is what I am trying to remove:
It's a non-porous plastic sticker, that's why nothing is removing it.

You'll need to at least peel that sticker off first, then work on removing the sticky residue left behind.
Kurgan is offline   Reply With Quote