ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old August 10th, 2013, 07:33 AM   #1
eddiekay
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: eddie

Motorcycle(s): 300, WeeStrom

ninjette vs miata forum

I'll give it up..I sold my ninjette apprx 63 hours ago and have been in deep prayer about the dealer finidng me the 300 before next weekend. For $4600+tax....Sometimes...withdrawal can make a guy do strange things so I'm wondering if I ought to get a Miata....OK...I'm desperate. So...because ninjetteorg is such a great board...I go to the net to see what people have to say about Miata's ( kinda like the ninjette of autos)
And the first forum I come acrosss is Miata.net.
BEFORE you even enter the community....look at what they post:
[I]Please read the forum rules. Unlike many other forums, we are strict about our rules and enforce them vigorously with little tolerance for those who deliberately ignore them.
If you won't do anything else, at least read the MX-5 Miata Forum FAQ. If you post a question that is already answered in the FAQ, you will be teased, ridiculed, laughed at, and probably won't feel too comfortable on the forum.[/I]
Who runs this forum ? Jiggles ? (no.no.no. just kidding...dont come cross country and whip my ass J)
Now...I dont confuse the community members with the management but I really hoped to find a ninjetteorg attitude here. I'd guess the community is a decent crew but...WTF..."teased, ridiculed, laughed at"...
eddiekay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 10th, 2013, 07:39 AM   #2
Aggrotech
ninjette.org sage

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 12' Ninja 250

this forum needs a better search function. that'd cut down on alot of the multiple threads on the same subject.

that description is great and seems to be a general rule whenever you go to any forum...people just dont like double/triple threads regarding the same exact thing.
Aggrotech is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 10th, 2013, 07:58 AM   #3
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggrotech View Post
this forum needs a better search function. that'd cut down on alot of the multiple threads on the same subject.

that description is great and seems to be a general rule whenever you go to any forum...people just dont like double/triple threads regarding the same exact thing.
Yea I wish it had google search!

Oh wait it does
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 10th, 2013, 08:15 AM   #4
eddiekay

I agree with being able to search easily but this board is loded with guys ...like me...who dont always know exactly what we're looking for. And,,because this board is like going to a repair shop...for free... I'm OK with picking around till I find what I need...at the same time..picking up info I dont' need at the moment. It's like turning off on a road that says NO OUTLET or DEAD END......yeah you'll have to turn around and come back but you might find some hairpins, steep hills or even naked females lying on the lawn because they didnt know anybody was driving by. In the words of KKIm....ask me how i know?
Still...my point was that ninjetteorg is friendly compared to Miata and even Sportbike or FZ6 was.

Old August 10th, 2013, 08:23 AM   #5
BlueRaven

Name: Lil One

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250 Black

Ppl who are new to forums don't normally know about the search functions until its pointed out to them. If i was new and was desperately looking for the reason my bike wasn't working or fix something i broke and i want to know now i can see why someone would be to impatient to do some research to find their answers. Being teased and ridiculed shows how unsupportive these ppl can be.

Old August 10th, 2013, 08:48 AM   #6
eddiekay

You make a really good point about being impatient.
Too,
Being teased and ridiculed shows how unsupportive these ppl can be. I would hope or guess that this attitude is the adminstrators attitude and not the community ( although...by writing something like this they DO encourage the community to act like assholes).
I live in an area where we have a lot of immigrants from all over the world and when we get into talks about the USA I always tell people not to confuse the American govenrment with the American people. Still..I visit a lot of sites for my biz and I've found...pretty consistently...that the "un-user friendly" sites were backed up by CSR's who were incredibly easy to deal with.

Old August 10th, 2013, 08:56 AM   #7
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
If you read the rules of the forum you would know that as a new member you are required to read each and every thread and memorize them before posting. I know I did!

Old August 10th, 2013, 09:01 AM   #8
fishdip

Name: Fish

Motorcycle(s): 250/300

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread...17#post6492817

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=492926

Old August 10th, 2013, 09:22 AM   #9
eddiekay

OK....are you gonna post your replies or do I have to get on the board to follow this?

Old August 10th, 2013, 09:24 AM   #10
fishdip

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiekay View Post

OK....are you gonna post your replies or do I have to get on the board to follow this?
I will post them

Old August 10th, 2013, 12:02 PM   #11
fishdip

Looks like I got some bites

Old August 10th, 2013, 12:09 PM   #12
fishdip

Its kind of sad they are actually a nice group of ppl so far.

Old August 10th, 2013, 12:28 PM   #13
7oxSin
MSF Coach!

Name: Lupe

Motorcycle(s): 2003 ninja 250

to OP my thing is this, every miata ive ridden in or worked on has been garbage, friends have owned 3 ive worked on 2 of them and 1 was a tuner. dont do it, at all, please oh please!!

Old August 10th, 2013, 12:54 PM   #14
Thorgrim
War Hippie

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): CB500F

I don't own a Ninja. I don't even own a Kaw, I have only one bike right now and it's a Honda. I stumbled upon this forum looking for posts on the '13 CB500(x) bikes and found a really good discussion, so I lurked a bit. I asked to join because of the friendly and polite attitude of the members (a little ribbing keeps the mood light), and the seriously great information posted here especially on riding technique.

You've built a great forum, folks, be proud of it. Places like this are increasingly rare. Who knows, you may make a Ninjette rider out of me yet.

Last futzed with by Thorgrim; August 10th, 2013 at 12:55 PM. Reason: d*mned fumblefingers
Thorgrim is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old August 10th, 2013, 01:24 PM   #15
greenmachine
ninjette.org member

Name: mitch

Motorcycle(s): Green Ninja 250 2008!!!!

A Miata? really?
greenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 10th, 2013, 01:25 PM   #16
7oxSin
MSF Coach!

Name: Lupe

Motorcycle(s): 2003 ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgrim View Post
I don't own a Ninja. I don't even own a Kaw, I have only one bike right now and it's a Honda. I stumbled upon this forum looking for posts on the '13 CB500(x) bikes and found a really good discussion, so I lurked a bit. I asked to join because of the friendly and polite attitude of the members (a little ribbing keeps the mood light), and the seriously great information posted here especially on riding technique.

You've built a great forum, folks, be proud of it. Places like this are increasingly rare. Who knows, you may make a Ninjette rider out of me yet.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old August 10th, 2013, 07:03 PM   #17
Panda
not an actual panda

Name: dan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2009 CBR600RR (Sold)

@eddiekay how is the search for a new 300 going? If you can't find a 300 you should get a ER6N and tell me if you like it so I can make a decision
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 10th, 2013, 07:06 PM   #18
rasta
Your face

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Honda CBR650f

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
@eddiekay how is the search for a new 300 going? If you can't find a 300 you should get a ER6N and tell me if you like it so I can make a decision
I 2nd this notion
rasta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 10th, 2013, 07:11 PM   #19
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
dude @CycleCam303 what's up you asleep or what?
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 10th, 2013, 07:42 PM   #20
CycleCam303
King Hamfist

Name: Cameron

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Crf 150R, 2011 Hypermotard 796

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojoracing53 View Post
dude @CycleCam303 what's up you asleep or what?
O dude I didn't even see this. Thanks. First the miata is better than the ninja 250. At least it is has real suspension and a damn good chassis. Spec miata which is the main scca racing class for them, is just intake headers, and exhaust and race tires, my supermoto mentor used to be a professional car driver racing Le Mans prototype cars and he was doing 1:48s around Laguna in a spec miata before the moto gp curb change.

Go to an autocross, there will be miatas everywhere, they will be near the top of the leader boards.

Wanna play dirty, miatas love boost. How much boost? 10-15 psi and a reliable 270-300 rwhp all day. Remember its a 2300 lbs car geared for 130 mph. Lets see any civic, rsx, or prelude not barfing its rods and pistons out at 13 psi on the dyno with stock internals. Unless its a honda d block or b18b...boost em to hell.

Then go check out flying miata.com. Go look at the v8 miata conversion kits. Yes folks, 2600lbs street car with corvette powered ls asphalt ripping motor and a weight distribution of 51/49 front to back. O yea, I've driven one, they handle just as well as a normal miata with a **** load of stupid power.

That was for the miata naysayers. Miata.net is a great forum. Honestly they're a little like us over here and a little too into the miata but the site is extremely resourceful. Roadster.com has too many kids into the hella flush scene and most of their info is garbage. Grassrootsmotorsports.com is the best damn car magazine ever and their forum is just as good if not better than ours. Those guys love miatas and they have tons of information about them and cars in general. It's like a bunch of Jasons over there. Keith tanner frequents the site and he knows more about miatas than Mazda does. He also works at flyinmiata which is the best place to go to get aftermarket parts for your miata period.
CycleCam303 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 10th, 2013, 07:49 PM   #21
ninjamunky85
Que Buenos Son!!!

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia Shiver 750, Husaberg FE 450, Ninja 300 (sold), xr100

MOTM - Nov '14
Miata's make me laugh, lol... but I guess they would be fun to drive.

Just wouldn't ever catch me driving one.
ninjamunky85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 10th, 2013, 08:00 PM   #22
eddiekay

I kinda saw the Miata like a 4 wheeled ninjette...that's why I went to the site. But..I was kinda put off by the administrators arrogance. Still...if I had $25k and nothing better to use it for...I's be down at Mazda now. Out of all the cars I know of...the Miata is the only one left thats an old school sports car. You got to understand...I'm from the days of bug eyed sprites, tr-3's and bathtub porsches.

Old August 10th, 2013, 08:11 PM   #23
ninjamunky85
Que Buenos Son!!!

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia Shiver 750, Husaberg FE 450, Ninja 300 (sold), xr100

MOTM - Nov '14
Miati is an old school British sports car. Made by the Japanese of course. When I think of old school sports cars I think of the American muscle cars.

I guess a Miata with a V8 stuffed in it isn't much different than a cobra, but nowhere near as cool. If I were to buy a car it would be a Subaru, but I've kinda lost my interest in cars. They can't come close to matching the exhilaration, and sometimes fear, that I get from being on two wheels.
ninjamunky85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 10th, 2013, 08:28 PM   #24
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Whaaaaaaaaaaa jiggles and ninjette front page news?

Old August 10th, 2013, 09:50 PM   #25
eddiekay

I definitely agree a bike can produce lots of fear at times. It's good fear....comes on without warning...just lasts for a few seconds at most and then it's over. I wouldn't even try to count the times i've screamed "Thank you lord" inside my helmet.

Old August 10th, 2013, 10:21 PM   #26
CycleCam303
King Hamfist

The original miata, chassis code designated as NA, is a raw car by today's standard. It's everything you loved about the sprites and mg cars without the ****** Lucas electronics and motors that came from the factory with tolerance issues. My dad used to own an mg and bought a 2000 miata to kinda relive the glory. The second gen miata 1999-2006 are designated as the NB chassis. Those were technology wise better in every way. But what makes the newer generation better street cars kinda took away from the small British roadster allure. The latest generation, NC, is what the 300 is to the 250. They even race them in different classes. It still has the essence of the miata with all the limits turned up. Crap guys are stuffing 17 x 255 under them without even rolling and pounding out the fenders. That's a lot of tire for a car that's 2500ish lbs.

If I was looking for a motorcycle replacement, the s2000 would be my choice. 8500rpm redline or 9k for the old ones with the F20C motor. Newer models 2004 and up got the stroker motor for North America because Americans are fat and we need torque. So they lengthened the stroke and we got 2.2 liters. Compared to a miata its like a miata but with all the knobs turned to 11. It's deceptively fast and the thing handles really really well. At an autocross they put the s2000 in A class which pits it against m3s and corvettes.

Old August 10th, 2013, 10:33 PM   #27
CycleCam303
King Hamfist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamunky85 View Post
Miati is an old school British sports car. Made by the Japanese of course. When I think of old school sports cars I think of the American muscle cars.

I guess a Miata with a V8 stuffed in it isn't much different than a cobra, but nowhere near as cool. If I were to buy a car it would be a Subaru, but I've kinda lost my interest in cars. They can't come close to matching the exhilaration, and sometimes fear, that I get from being on two wheels.
A miata with a v8 means gas station stops are going to be at least 30 min. They attract people by the droves.

My uncle has a factory five roadster (very very few people own real vintage cobras, the kit cars have modern everything and warranties along with being about 50 grand out the door instead of hundreds of thousands of dollars.) with the 427 ford big block. 500ish hp at the wheels. It's fast as all get out, lol...like an r6... But he tracked the thing and Laguna seca and Sonoma raceway and wasnt very fast. Even the kit cars are hard to drive. Surprisingly the v8 miatas are manageable. Don't get me wrong it's a lot of car. The one trackday I did in a car at Laguna seca the corvette zo6 spun it exiting the corkscrew. The thing broke loose at a pretty good clip. 450 whp is no joke.