ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > !%@*#$%!)@#&!%@ I crashed!

Old April 16th, 2013, 03:22 PM   #1
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 zx636r

zx6r.com knows, I guess you guys should too... :o

Well about 2 months ago now I crashed my poor baby gizmo pretty bad. It has been hard getting on the forum and not being able to ride so I just stopped logging in. Thats different now! It was a small, slow, and retarded crash and thankfully I didnt get hurt (Thanks gear ) I just transitioned jobs at the time so I was making less money and havent had any extra money to fix the bike Tax season is saving my ass this year though! Little over 3k back So the bike is going under some pretty awesome construction! I will keep this thread updated with the progress of the bike, should all be done in a few weeks

Now story time!

I was leaving work to pick up food, I had all my gear on and jumped on my bike and fired her up. I park my bike in the bike racks, because its convenient and funny to see it with a bunch of bicycles

So here is the view from the other side a little far away just to give you an idea of the area

Now there are two ways of getting down the curb, the slow boring ramp way, or the I'm a bad ass a jump down the curb on my street bike way. We all know which way I take....

Here is the curb a little closer

I always jump off to the right of the tree (you can see the ramp next to that) Ive done it a 100 times before and never ever have had an issue and many other curbs as well, and even jumped ramps and stuff like that, so I would say I'm pretty damn good at it. However things went down differently on a Monday back in January. When I jumped off the curb the bike kicked me and I landed all my weight on my hands, mostly my right hand... I had the throttle open a little so the weight shift made me go WOT into the speed bump you see

At this point I'm thinking to myself I am so ****ed... And I was... After the speed bump came that curb and the tree. Its a good thing I hit the speed bump first because it must have kicked the front end up just enough to hit the top of the curb and not the face of it, and its the only explanation to why my forks arnt bent. Me and the bike then hit the tree with our right side, thin I was tossed over my bike 5 feet onto my side and the bike landed next to that

The tree

This is a view from the other side of the tree looking back at the bike racks

And this was my poor baby after I picked her up

Naturally people called 911 so it made a HUGE ****ing ordeal and scene over it, and I was in pain so I was getting pissed. Friends helped me get her home and I took the day off

Here are some better pictures of the damage

Not riding for 2 months is KILLING me! But that is coming to an end very soon.

I knew I couldnt sell the bike because it wasnt too much in damage, but it did look like ****, so I wanted to change that. I open photoshop the other night and started playing around with ideas. I had one major requirement, green rims, so I started there and built off ideas and came up with this:

Before: (The bike has more aftermarket stuff on it now, like rearsets and stuff)

New Design:

Old April 16th, 2013, 03:22 PM   #2
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

China sent me Fairing pics!

Old April 16th, 2013, 03:23 PM   #3
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

So three days of constant working on gizmo and she is done Well... mostly. Bike is runny 100% and looks great, just missing all its plastics

Started off by painting everything silver, or bare metal, black. I did the headers to stop rust and seal it.

Everything was sanded down first and cleaned before spraying, ended up using 3.5 cans of paint this last weekend just making things black :devious

Then wrapped the headers

All done

Then I painted the headers with a silicone spray that seals the wrap in and makes it last longer

On the bike all blacked out

(I actually pulled the Oil filter off and sanded it down to repaint it flat black to match everything else

Also painted the tripple tree

Did anyone say LED's? :devious

End of night one

All these pictures kinda jumped its timeline throughout the three days but you get the idea.... I cant mount the OEM headlights rght now because my fairing bracket isnt in, and no fairings. I did a lot of wiring tucking so it wouldnt look too shittie without any fairings and honestly I think its turned out pretty damn well. Almost too the point where I wouldnt have purchased fairings if I knew it would have looked so good The headlights where a $40 special from O'reilly lol They actually work well and look kinda cool!!

I painted the can as well, everything but the Yoshi badge is black now!

Ohh, and the LED's are RGB so I can change then to any color I want, and make flash patterns and all the crap. I like green though :2fingerlol:

More to come in a week or two when my fairings come in!!!

Link to original page on YouTube.

Old April 16th, 2013, 03:23 PM   #4
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Alright guy! Big update, my baby is done The fairings came in really good shape, only one small defect but not bad for something made in Hong Kong. The paint its self is pretty nice, a couple more coats would have made everything a little more scratch resistant but again, they were really cheap, but I think more cost effective then buying all OEM.

Here she was after the first few fairings:

Installing LED's as I go

I probably spent a solid 6 hours of just soldering, I counted over 200 solder points that had to be done. I ended up using roughly 28 feet of LED's, thats about 510 LED's total :2fingerlol:

Before the last few bits went on:

All done!

I love the way she looks and am so happy with the way everything went together and turned out! I am setting up a powder coater and a anodizer in my garage pretty soon, in hopes to get rid of all the gold on the bike. And speaking of garage... its new!! I just finished moving into a new place. There is so much room for activities now! Expect some very cool, custom mods and projects from me very soon

Gizmo has already taken a liking to it :devious

She likes the driveway too:

Here she is with the LED's. I will take better pictures soon, now that I have a garage to control light in

Last futzed with by Kevin2109; May 1st, 2013 at 09:23 AM.
Kevin2109 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 16th, 2013, 03:24 PM   #5
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

This one too...

Old April 16th, 2013, 03:27 PM   #6
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Name: Max

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 race bike, 2014 ZX-636r

I still don't like the green lowers are much as the matte black.... Stop jumping curbs!

<3
CVMA #531
Trailerboy531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 16th, 2013, 03:31 PM   #7
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
your forgot to mention the flame thrower

Old April 16th, 2013, 03:34 PM   #8
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

I love nudes.
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 16th, 2013, 03:47 PM   #9
THE BIG SITT
ninjette.org sage

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

I'm super subbing this thread.
THE BIG SITT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 16th, 2013, 04:06 PM   #10
Xoulrath
ninjette.org sage

Name: T

Motorcycle(s): Current: '11 ZX-6R; Previous: '09 Ninjette; '08 ZX-6R (Ex-Wife '09 TU250X)

Damn dude! Glad you're ok, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say maybe less "curb-jumping" in the future!

Bike looks wicked BTW! If you become financially able to do so, you should totally make the 636 a naked bike, and purchase a track only.

Old April 16th, 2013, 04:23 PM   #11
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
You had so many upgrades that bike looks like a 600. Serious damage though. You might want something more rigid if you want to ride like a lumatic (jumpimg curbs, etc.). Nice garage, looks like old Pirellis on that Harley.

Do you work at Alcatraz? Is that a 62 Impala?

Old April 16th, 2013, 04:59 PM   #12
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

I took a quick video the other night of the LED's and just uploaded it to youtube. It gives you an idea what the lights are capable of, there is about 8-9 feet in the bike total of weatherproof 5050 RGB LED strips in the bike right now. I purchased a total for 30ft The rest will go in the fairings when they finally arrive.

Each Side will have independent control of the color and pattern, all controlled by little RF remote controls. Its a lot of soldering and cable running/management but the end result is pretty darn sweet.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Old April 16th, 2013, 06:33 PM   #13
menikmati
crash 250, get supersport

Name: Richard

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R SE (Sold 6/9/14), 2009 ZX-6R (Sold 6/25/14), Subaru BRZ

Subbbbbbed.

Old April 16th, 2013, 07:21 PM   #14
nickjpass
#squid

Name: nickypoo

Motorcycle(s): Track dedicated 2008 ZX6R

MOTM - Jul '16
Never got to see all the damage pics. I like how it turned out though. Still trying to figure out where you put all the wiring..

Old April 16th, 2013, 08:59 PM   #15
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickjpass View Post
Never got to see all the damage pics. I like how it turned out though. Still trying to figure out where you put all the wiring..
ha, dude I spent so much time on the wiring last build day, re-wrapped a ton of stuff and hid as much inside as possible

Update: Streetfighter headlights went out -_- Keeps blowing fuses

Old April 16th, 2013, 09:01 PM   #16
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
haha
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 16th, 2013, 09:03 PM   #17
nickjpass
#squid

Name: nickypoo

Motorcycle(s): Track dedicated 2008 ZX6R

MOTM - Jul '16
Where did you put them?!? I just stared at my bike for 10 mins trying to figure it out... did you remove some or a lot?

Old April 16th, 2013, 09:10 PM   #18
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickjpass View Post
Where did you put them?!? I just stared at my bike for 10 mins trying to figure it out... did you remove some or a lot?
I removed 0 wires, just tucked and rewrapped. You have to take into account that I had the entire bikes apart, everything was off but the engine, you have a lot more room to mess around with and re-rout stuff. I even unwrapped the original harness to run new wires inline with it, then rewrapped it with electrical tape

Old April 16th, 2013, 09:24 PM   #19
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Yeah, I was wondering what happened when I saw you latest video on YouTube.

It looks amazing so far!

Here's an idea: Get one of those swingarm vertical plate mounts that are technically illegal in CA and do it anyway just to have another surface to shine light into those badass rims! I wonder if there's any way to make two look right. Personalized plate on one side and some snarky message displayed on the other?

Anyway, this is the very same color scheme that I've been dreaming of since I first asked for a mock-up in the Photoshop thread. I've imagined and drooled over seeing it on the EX250F, EX250J (what was mocked up), and the '05/'06 ZX6).

Now, you seem to have glossed over how you obtained the green rims. Swapped? Powder-coated? How much?
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 16th, 2013, 09:48 PM   #20
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2109 View Post
I took a quick video the other night of the LED's and just uploaded it to youtube. It gives you an idea what the lights are capable of, there is about 8-9 feet in the bike total of weatherproof 5050 RGB LED strips in the bike right now. I purchased a total for 30ft The rest will go in the fairings when they finally arrive.

Each Side will have independent control of the color and pattern, all controlled by little RF remote controls. Its a lot of soldering and cable running/management but the end result is pretty darn sweet.
did you get a kit? or what? link to what you got please.

Old April 16th, 2013, 09:53 PM   #21
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
Yeah, I was wondering what happened when I saw you latest video on YouTube.

It looks amazing so far!

Here's an idea: Get one of those swingarm vertical plate mounts that are technically illegal in CA and do it anyway just to have another surface to shine light into those badass rims! I wonder if there's any way to make two look right. Personalized plate on one side and some snarky message displayed on the other?

Anyway, this is the very same color scheme that I've been dreaming of since I first asked for a mock-up in the Photoshop thread. I've imagined and drooled over seeing it on the EX250F, EX250J (what was mocked up), and the '05/'06 ZX6).

Now, you seem to have glossed over how you obtained the green rims. Swapped? Powder-coated? How much?
Lol down worry there will be enough LED's when I'm done (500+)

Well the person I found on kawiforums said they knew someone that could PC them, and I said yes! $140 for the PC, $350 for the rims (front and back) and $50 for shipping
Posted via Mobile Device

Old April 16th, 2013, 09:56 PM   #22
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Quote:
Lol down worry there will be enough LED's when I'm done (500+)

Well the person I found on kawiforums said they knew someone that could PC them, and I said yes! $140 for the PC, $350 for the rims (front and back) and $50 for shipping
Posted via Mobile Device
I could have got you a better deal jerk face! Probably.

Old April 16th, 2013, 10:04 PM   #23
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Lol $140 is a good deal for a legitimate kawi color change and for the LED's go to ebay and type in "RGP LED 5050 strip)" and find the cheapest roll that it 5Meters, about $15.then find a controller for the LED's, $5-20.and a lot of wire and solder skills..... And many hours later
Posted via Mobile Device

Old April 17th, 2013, 06:50 AM   #24
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Quote:
Lol $140 is a good deal for a legitimate kawi color change and for the LED's go to ebay and type in "RGP LED 5050 strip)" and find the cheapest roll that it 5Meters, about $15.then find a controller for the LED's, $5-20.and a lot of wire and solder skills..... And many hours later
Posted via Mobile Device
They dont make a "legit kawi color" I almost guarantee you its just the neon green. which I have sitting right behind me. And unfortunately I got a blue bike so I wont be using it on mine...

ahh so you pieced it together.. Im lazy. idk if ill do it that way. haha I guess I could... I have lots of wire sitting here at the shop I can use. I didnt know you could by a controller separately. I guess that makes sense though.

Old April 17th, 2013, 08:14 AM   #25
caps
Sexy Beast

Name: Mat

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R, 2006 ZX-14, 2012 Ducati Monster

I hope those aren't chinese fairings.

And stop hopping curbs <_<
caps is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 17th, 2013, 09:19 AM   #26
himynameisjoe
ninjette.org sage

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250(Totaled)

Holy hell Kev it looked so helpless there at the start! I can't wait to see the finished product! It's looking awesome!

Old April 17th, 2013, 09:49 AM   #27
antiant
antiant

Name: antiant

Motorcycle(s): None

MOTM - Oct '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Quote:
China sent me Fairing pics!
So, what happens when you crash a 600? Get a 1000? Kev, you're doing it wrong.
antiant is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 17th, 2013, 10:38 AM   #28
caps
Sexy Beast

If your going to wreck a nice bike atleast rebuild it with quality parts

<_<
^that's my displeased face.

Old April 17th, 2013, 10:39 AM   #29
caps
Sexy Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiant View Post
That's how things go around here. Crash it, buy a faster one. Maybe they are trying to outrun th ground...

Old April 17th, 2013, 11:13 AM   #30
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Quote:
Originally Posted by himynameisjoe View Post
Holy hell Kev it looked so helpless there at the start! I can't wait to see the finished product! It's looking awesome!
Thanks man!! Yeah, not going to lie, I lost hope for a little bit as well, but glad I have been able to fiix her up

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiant View Post
lol your 37cc's off I'll buy a race ready 250 before I get a 1000, and even then ill get a SuperMoto before that... Then the s1000rr haha

Quote:
And stop hopping curbs <_<
Quote:
If your going to wreck a nice bike atleast rebuild it with quality parts
<_<
^that's my displeased face.
Quote:
That's how things go around here. Crash it, buy a faster one. Maybe they are trying to outrun th ground...

I'm sorry im not a millionaire and cant afford OEM plastics all around the bike ($2k+) plus send them out to a shop and have them painted ($500+)
I'm totally okay with Chineses fairings, they are going to be better then ****ed up ones and look sexy as **** Also.... I have very few things on this bike that havent been swapped to a better aftermarket equivalent (Forks and Magnesium rims) so I promise you she will still be filled with high quality parts even with chinese fairings

Old April 17th, 2013, 11:46 AM   #31
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

If replica race fairings are OK, why not Chinese? At least it's ABS!
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 17th, 2013, 02:53 PM   #32
gt_turbo
ninjette.org sage

Name: L

Motorcycle(s): '09 250R, '13 CBR500R

good to see you and your bike made it out alright. wonder what your new scheme would look like with a kawi green windscreen. photoshop it!

Old April 17th, 2013, 03:51 PM   #33
caps
Sexy Beast

Quote:
I'm sorry im not a millionaire and cant afford OEM plastics all around the bike ($2k+) plus send them out to a shop and have them painted ($500+)
I'm totally okay with Chineses fairings, they are going to be better then ****ed up ones and look sexy as **** Also.... I have very few things on this bike that havent been swapped to a better aftermarket equivalent (Forks and Magnesium rims) so I promise you she will still be filled with high quality parts even with chinese fairings
Priorities bud, priorities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
If replica race fairings are OK, why not Chinese? At least it's ABS!
Those aren't either

Old April 17th, 2013, 04:31 PM   #34
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Quote:
Priorities bud, priorities.
Most certainly, like saving money for track plastics, or more track time

Old April 17th, 2013, 04:39 PM   #35
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Quote:
Originally Posted by massacremasses View Post
They dont make a "legit kawi color" I almost guarantee you its just the neon green. which I have sitting right behind me. And unfortunately I got a blue bike so I wont be using it on mine...

ahh so you pieced it together.. Im lazy. idk if ill do it that way. haha I guess I could... I have lots of wire sitting here at the shop I can use. I didnt know you could by a controller separately. I guess that makes sense though.
They actually do have a "legit" kawi color... You can even get the different shades of green for the various years, mine is color code 777

Blue and green looks great if its a different blue then your bike... and a different type of green lol

You need specific RGB cable (it will save your life while soldering because its the exact width of the connection points, saves a lot of soldering time, and its dirt cheap)

Old April 17th, 2013, 11:29 PM   #36
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Wow. That's a pretty unique way to crash a sports bike. Glad you're ok. I envy your mechanical skills.

One thing: what do you mean by 'the bike kicked you up'?
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 18th, 2013, 05:38 AM   #37
caps
Sexy Beast

Quote:
Most certainly, like saving money for track plastics, or more track time
Now your talking!

And no, I won't watch your youtube channel.

Old April 18th, 2013, 06:29 AM   #38
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Quote:
They actually do have a "legit" kawi color... You can even get the different shades of green for the various years, mine is color code 777

Blue and green looks great if its a different blue then your bike... and a different type of green lol

You need specific RGB cable (it will save your life while soldering because its the exact width of the connection points, saves a lot of soldering time, and its dirt cheap)
they do in paint. powder doesnt have paint codes? who told you this? Where did they buy it from?

Old April 19th, 2013, 12:48 AM   #39
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
Wow. That's a pretty unique way to crash a sports bike. Glad you're ok. I envy your mechanical skills.

One thing: what do you mean by 'the bike kicked you up'?
The whole reason I aimed at the tree was in hope to find you crawling in the top

And thank you

Have you have ever jumped down a big curb on a bicycle and landed really hard on your wrist? It was like that but in the bike

Quote:
Now your talking!

And no, I won't watch your youtube channel.
Pretty please with Sugar on top!

Quote:
Originally Posted by massacremasses View Post
they do in paint. powder doesnt have paint codes? who told you this? Where did they buy it from?
.....Your mom..... Well maybe the dude is full of ****, idk. Dont take your jealousy out on me!

Old April 19th, 2013, 05:30 AM   #40
caps
Sexy Beast

No