ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old January 27th, 2010, 01:45 PM   #1
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250r (Fastest Color)

iPad...so what do you think?

So its official. The Apple tablet is out...iPad. Starting price is $500 for a 16 gb with wifi only.You can spend an extra $130 to get 3g on all models but its still At&t (Can their network handle what Apple is hoping to be an huge influx of data) and you have to spend 30 bucks a month and you get unlimited data (No contract though so thats good) I cant decide if I like this idea , for the money, or not. Seems like a huge touch, which isnt such a bad thing, I love my touch. New and better apps, ereader, keyboard dock, and they're business programs. I know its not out yet but I wanna hear peoples opinions of this device...only 60 days till they ship!

Old January 27th, 2010, 03:09 PM   #2
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Personally I'm not impressed with anything Apple. Plus I know that AT&T can't handle it since they stopped selling the Iphone in NYC and a couple of other city centers. They're system is already overloaded in some areas now without adding to it. I personally think that Apple should start teaming up with Verizon since it's a larger more reliable network. AT&T doesn't even deny that Verizon was correct about AT&T's 3g coverage maps.

But if you want an over-sized Iphone for mega bucks then go for it.
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 27th, 2010, 03:23 PM   #3
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250r (Fastest Color)

If anything its an over sized itouch with a data plan haha. Not impressed by anything Apple? I mean the Iphone and Ipod revolutionized their respected niches. As far as Apple teaming up with Verizon...I have Verizon and love it for its reliability but as At&t builds more cell towers it will win out. Its technology is superior to Verizons CDMA which I hope it will change in the near future.

But I do agree with you on one point. While a $499 starting price isnt really that high considering Apples usual way of business, I personally dont see a point of having one if you own a lap top and a smart phone. E-readers seem silly to me...I prefer going to the library for free and I dont have to worry about taking a book to the beach or sitting by the pool with it. But it does look soooo cool nonetheless...IMO

Old January 27th, 2010, 03:40 PM   #4
binlagin
ninjette.org member

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): 2005 CBR600RR

I like my UNLOCKED iPhone quite a bit, I wish it was just more powerful sometimes!

But in regards to the iPad... I'm not sure what to think of it just yet. I want to get my hands on one to see if it'll actually have any practicality to it. I think it may be a little gimmicky... but some things I absolutely HATE about it:

-Low hard drive space
-The fact that it's the iPhone operating system and not OSX. This means there is No flash support, or the ability to multi-task
-So much extra border around the monitor
-130$ extra for a freaking 3g receiver... are you kidding me?!

This is just a short list i could come up with
2005 CBR600RR - 2:19 Calabogie Motorsports Park, Ontario, Canada
binlagin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 27th, 2010, 04:27 PM   #5
bdavison
Wartown, USA

Name: Bryan

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE, 2007 Ninja 650R, and assorted other bikes

Posted via iPod
I don't see the point. For that kind of money you could buy a top of the line netbook that would toast that ipad. It's just a iPod touch with a bigger screen. The whole reason we like the iPod touch is because it fits in a shirt pocket...making it bigger was a dumb move. If they really wanted to make something useful, how about a revamped iPod touch with flash capability,a video camera, and a vonage applet
bdavison is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 28th, 2010, 11:00 AM   #6
danknation
ninjette.org member

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE

Wait two months and it will be twice as fast, twice as much HDD, and it will come with 3G.

Apple = profiteering bastards. They have the technology to make something good in the first place but release 5 crappy versions first because they know people will buy it.

Have you ever gone into an Apple store in a well to do area? Everyone in their already owns an Ipod, an Imac, AND an Iphone, they're just spending another $300 to get the new one with a different color and .05MB more of HDD space.

Give me a freaking break. I've got duct tape, an I-Pod and Netbook. Hello "****-Pad" here I come. The initial price for these sucks will be $1000, any takers?
danknation is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 28th, 2010, 11:52 AM   #7
maglin
ninjette.org member

Name: xaris

Motorcycle(s): what else?

Old January 28th, 2010, 12:06 PM   #8
Reswob
ninjette.org sage

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Triumph Bonneville Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Oorb View Post
Not impressed by anything Apple? I mean the Iphone and Ipod revolutionized their respected niches..IMO
They're marketing schemes may have lead you to (foolishly) believe that, but in fact, no, no they did not revolutionize anything. Better smartphones have been around before the iphone, and they'll be around long after people wise up and crApple goes out of business. Also despite what you may think, mp3 players have been around for several years before the first overpriced overhyped ipod hit the market.
Reswob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 28th, 2010, 12:25 PM   #9
capt_bugaloo
motorcycle rider

Name: Bruce

Motorcycle(s): '14 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom (silver)

Ha ha - I love all the Apple hate I see generated by this announcement....

I have never been a fan of Apple or Macintosh stuff, but then a couple of friends picked up iPhones and I was blown away. I bought an iPod Touch in November and I get a lot of mileage out of it. I use it maybe two or three hours a day: email, web surfing, reading eBooks, watching vids, playing some games, etc.

My only complaint about the iPod is that the screen is too small, so the iPad is perfect for my needs. I will likely buy one of the entry-level models in March.

Old January 28th, 2010, 12:26 PM   #10
maglin
ninjette.org member

Name: xaris

Motorcycle(s): what else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reswob View Post
They're marketing schemes may have lead you to (foolishly) believe that, but in fact, no, no they did not revolutionize anything. Better smartphones have been around before the iphone, and they'll be around long after people wise up and crApple goes out of business. Also despite what you may think, mp3 players have been around for several years before the first overpriced overhyped ipod hit the market.
Exactly!

As a matter of fact....

Old January 28th, 2010, 12:43 PM   #11
ScraitT
Green!

Name: Tyler

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250R, 04 Honda CRF230F, 94 Honda XR80R

I would have much rather seen apple release this at the 1000 dollar price point that most people were estimating and have it be a capable device instead of a huge Itouch.

I mean sure, this does have a place, and it will do good for some people, but not many. The closest thing they got with it was the ability to be an E-reader, however the display is nothing close to an E-reader display.

There are a ton of tablets coming out this year with full operating systems on them and much faster components. Can't say until they actually come out, but they will most likely be far superior to the "Ipad"

The only thing Apple has revolutionized is marketing. There are and always have been far superior mp3 players then the Ipod (I don't own one, but reviews say the Zune has a better OS and much better sound). Apple OSX which is so raved about is the biggest joke because 95% of people have to install Windows on their macs...the operating system that apple spends millions to bash.
The other thing that apple has a good hold on is style. All of their products look very nice...however I'll take performance and cost over looks most of the time.

Old January 28th, 2010, 12:47 PM   #12
bob706
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 1998 HD Road King

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglin View Post
As a matter of fact....
Made my day
bob706 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 28th, 2010, 12:53 PM   #13
capt_bugaloo
motorcycle rider

Quote:
The only thing Apple has revolutionized is marketing.
I would say they revolutionized "content delivery". For folks who are not that tech savvy, the iTunes store and Apps Store make things very easy to get various items onto your machine: games, music, videos, books, etc.
For folks who aren't good with tech, Apple has made things very easy from that point of view.

Old January 28th, 2010, 01:45 PM   #14
backinthesaddleagain
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

funny post by maglin
backinthesaddleagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 28th, 2010, 02:47 PM   #15
bdavison
Wartown, USA

Posted via Mobile Device

Old January 28th, 2010, 02:49 PM   #16
bdavison
Wartown, USA

I was never a big apple fan, but I will give them credit, the iPod touch is a very well thought out device. Sure it's missing a few things, but what it does do it does well.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old January 28th, 2010, 03:21 PM   #17
sombo

Yes, I am not all that impressed with apple products. I'm a gamer and none of their computers can compare to a custom built gaming pc. They lack the power, the customization, upgrade ability, and price point of a gaming pc you can build yourself.

I am very picky about how my music sounds and own a Sony Walkman S-series mp3 player. It's easy to use, drag and drop music, sounds TONS better then Icrap cause Sony actually knows how to make quality sound reproductions. (ever hear of an equalizer Apple?)

I don't really care about the Iphone or it's thousands of (and mostly glitchy, overpriced) apps or for AT&T with it's oooooh so wonderful yet so small 3g coverage. I'm happy with Verizon and the phone I use now does all I need it to.

So yah, I have no reason to be impressed by the second (or third possibly even fourth) rate products they have at inflated prices with strings attached (I will NOT get Itunes tyvm).

I just don't buy into their hype or advertising and actually research what they offer from a more performance and bang for your buck perspective. So far not once has anything from Apple even come close to being in the best bang for your buck category in my researches for what I'm looking for in a product.

Old January 28th, 2010, 03:31 PM   #18
Daeldren
two wheel addict

Name: Kenneth

Motorcycle(s): 94 xlh 883, 1984 kawi gpz money pit

Ipad is an interesting idea however v1 leaves a lot to be desired such as multitasking etc... I would have liked to see the Ipad with snow leopard OS or something more powerful than the basic Iphone OS.
Daeldren is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 28th, 2010, 04:41 PM   #19
ScraitT
Green!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post
So far not once has anything from Apple even come close to being in the best bang for your buck category in my researches for what I'm looking for in a product.
I agree, just about everything they make you can buy something better for cheaper...
However, for those that are too lazy to learn how to do something, apple products are great.

I myself will probably never own an apple product. I like to build PCs and customize them. The ONLY apple product I think is decent(not great) is the Iphone, however I refuse to pay $35 a month for the data plan. I have a Samsung Eternity with ATT (Verizon SUCKS in my area), and I have yet to find something my friends Iphone does that mine doesn't...and my data plan is only $10 a month.

The only other product they make thats not bad priced is the new IMac all in one desktops and thats only because of their ISP displays which run nearly 2k on their own...however if you can live without an ISP display (as nearly everyone does) then they aren't great anymore.

Sorry, got a little off topic there....
The Ipad should really be running OSX to be even slightly taken seriously, but really the biggest letdown is not having the ability to multitask at all. You can't even have Itunes running while surfing the internet on it.
Doesn't the current Iphone multitask? Why can't this?

Old January 28th, 2010, 04:54 PM   #20
sixstring
ninjette.org member

Name: Jerry

Motorcycle(s): 09 EX250 LE

I can't see what people are going to be DOING with the iPad. People use the iPhone and touch because they're small, they fit into your pocket and its easy to check up on things.

On the other hand, the iPad isn't a work machine like a laptop either. So I'm not sure where that puts the iPad.

I'm don't think there is a market or a need for something that's as big as a laptop but without the practicality ... but apparently Apple is willing to bet millions of dollars that there is so what do I know...

Another thing is how long can a single charge keep that sucker running for? My laptop has a battery life of about 2 hours running apps with sound while on the internet. If the iPad can't keep up with AT LEAST that, then I'm afraid its a fail in my books.
sixstring is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 28th, 2010, 07:18 PM   #21
ScraitT
Green!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixstring View Post
Another thing is how long can a single charge keep that sucker running for? My laptop has a battery life of about 2 hours running apps with sound while on the internet. If the iPad can't keep up with AT LEAST that, then I'm afraid its a fail in my books.
I believe I read somewhere that it's supposed to be around 10 hours....however everyone always claims higher then their devices actually get (HP, Dell, etc...) so I'd assume it gets 6-7 hours average use tops.... probably less if you have wifi and/or 3g going. But that's still decent.

The only thing I see it actually being somewhat practical for is watching movies...however unless your spending a lot more, the small hard drive severely limits the amount of movies you can store, and with no USB or SD slot...you can't do much aside from maybe buy them on the spot from itunes.

Another thing that this COULD have been good at, but Apple failed, would have been note taking. IF you could use a stylus on this and it had a writing program, it would have been great for college students to take to class and take notes on while having books stored on it (which brings us back to the point of multitasking...having your college books on the ereader while taking notes and being able to use both....WOULD have been actually useful).

Old January 30th, 2010, 01:23 PM   #22
danknation
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daeldren View Post
Ipad is an interesting idea however v1 leaves a lot to be desired such as multitasking etc... I would have liked to see the Ipad with snow leopard OS or something more powerful than the basic Iphone OS.
This was done on purpose, just like with the macbook and ipods. The technology is there but Apple's marketing department realizes that 80% of the peolple that are dumb enough to want this will be dumb enough "have to have" the new one when it comes out. How many Apple fanboys do you know that have owned more than one version of the ipod? Nearly all of them...

Old January 30th, 2010, 03:25 PM   #23
ninjabrewer
dirty old man

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): Blue '08 Ninja 250

Hmmm, I am an Apple fan and all of this "anti-Apple" talk has me curious. Just out of curiosity, how many of the posters that have said comments against apple have ever used one? (Not asking to be flamed here, just expressing my opinions, as have everyone else on this thread) I have met several people that have said they hate apple and have never used one, several that have tried them and didn't like, and several that have tried them and now use them along with a windows based computer. I, personally, use a macbook. I have tried windows, owned a couple and built a AMD based windows computer. I'm not a gamer so that aspect of the computing experience is of no interest to me. I got an Apple for the first time in '01 just because I wanted something different, not because I am one those individuals that are devoted to and live by Apple. Not by a long shot. I will agree wholeheartedly that there is short comings related to having an Apple. Main one is that most of the software available is not made to work on Apples. Most of what I need is. (I do have Microsoft office for Mac, the programs that Apple has are not compatible with the large majority of what you need them for, ie powerpoint, word etc. Plus they are expensive), and I have run into some problems related to the use of Safari as my browser. I don't have windows on my macbook and probably won't install it because of the cost, (although the thought has occurred to me on several occasions). But one thing that I have noticed in reference to using an Apple is it is more stable than any of the Windows based computers that I have used, ( I have not tried Vista or Windows 7, so I am not comparing it to them). As for the iPad, I may play with one in an Apple store, (sometime after I leave Anchorage, there is not one up here) but I doubt very seriously that I will buy one. I don't see a need for it, for me. Different manufacturers have introduced something along the lines of a "tablet" computer in the past and, if memory serves, none have been successful. (geez this turned out to be a long post)

just my and I know that I will think of something else to add as soon as I hit the "submit reply" button.

nb

Old January 30th, 2010, 03:38 PM   #24
danknation
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjabrewer View Post
Hmmm, I am an Apple fan and all of this "anti-Apple" talk has me curious. Just out of curiosity, how many of the posters that have said comments against apple have ever used one? (Not asking to be flamed here, just expressing my opinions, as have everyone else on this thread) I have met several people that have said they hate apple and have never used one, several that have tried them and didn't like, and several that have tried them and now use them along with a windows based computer. I, personally, use a macbook. I have tried windows, owned a couple and built a AMD based windows computer. I'm not a gamer so that aspect of the computing experience is of no interest to me. I got an Apple for the first time in '01 just because I wanted something different, not because I am one those individuals that are devoted to and live by Apple. Not by a long shot. I will agree wholeheartedly that there is short comings related to having an Apple. Main one is that most of the software available is not made to work on Apples. Most of what I need is. (I do have Microsoft office for Mac, the programs that Apple has are not compatible with the large majority of what you need them for, ie powerpoint, word etc. Plus they are expensive), and I have run into some problems related to the use of Safari as my browser. I don't have windows on my macbook and probably won't install it because of the cost, (although the thought has occurred to me on several occasions). But one thing that I have noticed in reference to using an Apple is it is more stable than any of the Windows based computers that I have used, ( I have not tried Vista or Windows 7, so I am not comparing it to them). As for the iPad, I may play with one in an Apple store, (sometime after I leave Anchorage, there is not one up here) but I doubt very seriously that I will buy one. I don't see a need for it, for me. Different manufacturers have introduced something along the lines of a "tablet" computer in the past and, if memory serves, none have been successful. (geez this turned out to be a long post)

just my and I know that I will think of something else to add as soon as I hit the "submit reply" button.

nb
I use an i-pod every time I ride. I'm not sure of what kind or any of that, its just a small one my in laws got for me. Had they not bought it, I wouldn't own one. It works fine and the interface isn't bad but for less money I could have the same product from a different brand.

The problem I have with i-pod is that as a computer engineer I know that they have most of this technology available to them when they release the first model. They release relatively obsolete models only to build on them because they know their customer base will support it. How often do you hear teenagers talking about needing to upgrade their i-pod or what have you? Chances are they don't actually know what that extra 2GB of storage means but they don't care, they want what all the other idiots want.

Old January 30th, 2010, 04:03 PM   #25
ScraitT
Green!

I am definitely anti-apple, and as I said, I will probably never own one of their products.

My main problem with Apple is the company itself. Every commercial is made to bash Windows and talk about how crappy Windows is and how superior OSX is, but then most users have to put Windows on their macs to do anything. I don't have a problem with OSX, but stop bashing Windows (which btw 75% of the ads are completely false statements about Windows).
Macs are great for mainly two types of people.
1) Those who surf the web and do NOTHING else aside form maybe some Itunes stuff.
2) Photo editing.
For everyone else that likes to download programs, mess around with things, try new games, etc....Macs are virtually pointless because you have to install Windows...so whats the point then?

My Ex-GF was talked into buying a Mac by her professor who raved about how great they are. We were in an architecture major. Well guess what....AutoCAD, a necessary program (plus many others), doesnt work on OSX, so she had to dual boot Windows. So multiple times a day she would have to shutdown and reboot back and forth between OSX and Windows because the Adobi suite was in OSX and the 3d modeling programs were Windows.
Thats a case where a Mac was utterly useless and her professor was a moron.

As far as Windows stability...that comes to the users. I haven't had Windows crash in at least a year on either of my computers (ones XP the other is Vista). In fact, Vista has never crashed on me. The difference between OSX and Windows is that OSX doesn't let you screw it up like Windows. (Which is the reason I put Linux on my moms computer, so she cant crew it up).
Despite the ridiculous commercials, Macs CAN and DO crash, and it's usually an update or the Users fault, just like Windows. :-P

And the Ipad...is NOT a true tablet, which is what most of the negative comments in this thread have been about. It runs the Iphone OS which can't do a whole lot and it can't multitask.
I honestly would have been impressed by it (even for $2-300 more!) if it could multi-task and came with OSX (which is actually perfect for a tablet)

Old January 31st, 2010, 10:09 AM   #26
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

Some not kid friendly words in this (Text only, not verbal)

Link to original page on YouTube.

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 31st, 2010, 11:55 AM   #27
ScraitT
Green!

That was amazing.

The best part is the end, "I mine as well just wait for the HP Slate, I bet they'll get it right!"
From the Looks of it, they will. It isnt as thin as the Ipad, but it beats it everywhere else. It is supposed to be running Windows 7, and is of course able to multitask. It has a real web browser, not a mobile browser that doesn't work. It has a camera (useful for some i guess) and of course USB.
It will have an ereader app, just like the IPad, as well as multitouch.
And it's supposed to come in at or lower then the 500 mark.

It does what the Ipad SHOULD have been able to do...a full OS with multitasking and a real browser.

Dell, Archos, and many others are bringing out similar stuff as well, so there will be plenty to choose from.

Old January 31st, 2010, 01:23 PM   #28
250Rocket
ninjette.org member

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

Finally, Apple has made a product that even Steve Jobs can't market as cool and needed.

I hate Apple for 2 main reasons. 1 because of the image surrounding them and the people who buy them.

2 because Apple wants to control every facet of apps. I like when a product is open. Apple is even more closed up than Microsoft at times. So I say "No thank you, Android for me please."

Back on the road again Season 2010 Dam it feels good!
250Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 31st, 2010, 01:28 PM   #29
capt_bugaloo
motorcycle rider

I'm amazed at all the negativity in this thread. Personally, I think it's an interesting piece of computing hardware and I'm planning on buying one. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
capt_bugaloo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 31st, 2010, 02:05 PM   #30
danknation
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_bugaloo View Post
I'm amazed at all the negativity in this thread. Personally, I think it's an interesting piece of computing hardware and I'm planning on buying one. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
You could just give your $500 if you really want to throw it away!

Old January 31st, 2010, 02:19 PM   #31
ScraitT
Green!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_bugaloo View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Not trying to sound bad or disrespectful in any way...I'm just wondering why you plan on buying one?

Old January 31st, 2010, 03:43 PM   #32
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

I'm extremely happy with the way my 3G operates. So much so that I don't want to update it and chance changing the way it operates any further.
Thing works better than my digital video camera?!

I used to hate apple. The only reason I like them now is because of the iphone.
I'm sorry but it was a genius thing to make. I use mine all the time now for tons of different things. Couldn't live without it.

I dunno about the iPad though. don't think I'd be able to say all that about it simply because of it's size. It would be annoying for me to have to carry around anything that big. Maybe if I was in school that supports the use of computers and could carry it in my book bag.. with my books.. which I'm not.

Everyone could use a nice small iphone though for sure. It does a heck of a lot more than just being a phone. Like Music, turn by turn navigation (gps and waypoints etc), camera, video camera, calender, calculator the list goes on for days and that's without hacking it and customizing it.
ninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 31st, 2010, 04:31 PM   #33
ninjabrewer
dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja250 View Post
I'm extremely happy with the way my 3G operates. So much so that I don't want to update it and chance changing the way it operates any further.
Thing works better than my digital video camera?!

I used to hate apple. The only reason I like them now is because of the iphone.
I'm sorry but it was a genius thing to make. I use mine all the time now for tons of different things. Couldn't live without it.

I dunno about the iPad though. don't think I'd be able to say all that about it simply because of it's size. It would be annoying for me to have to carry around anything that big. Maybe if I was in school that supports the use of computers and could carry it in my book bag.. with my books.. which I'm not.

Everyone could use a nice small iphone though for sure. It does a heck of a lot more than just being a phone. Like Music, turn by turn navigation (gps and waypoints etc), camera, video camera, calender, calculator the list goes on for days and that's without hacking it and customizing it.
Do you have a particular GPS app or do you use the map app that was included with it?

Old January 31st, 2010, 04:34 PM   #34
ninjabrewer
dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 250Rocket View Post
Finally, Apple has made a product that even Steve Jobs can't market as cool and needed.

I hate Apple for 2 main reasons. 1 because of the image surrounding them and the people who buy them.

2 because Apple wants to control every facet of apps. I like when a product is open. Apple is even more closed up than Microsoft at times. So I say "No thank you, Android for me please."
I agree on the part about apple having control over everything, I understand that is the reason that there are so much smaller than microsoft. BUT, you say you hate apple because of the people who buy them. Gee thanks, you hate me and never met me. (typed with some sarcasm)

nb

Old January 31st, 2010, 04:56 PM   #35
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjabrewer View Post
Do you have a particular GPS app or do you use the map app that was included with it?
The only two GPS I use so far are Motion X "GPS" for waypoints and trails etc.
The other one I use is Motion X "GPS Drive" for turn by turn and the likes.

They were both very affordable compared to the TomTom program that I read is about as good as the GPS drive.
Note: I do not pay the additonal monthly fee to get the ladies' voice saying "go left, go right"
I use it as a one time fee app just fine.

I'm happy with both motion x apps although they are a bit slow to load, they work exactly as I need them to. Combine my hacked iPhone with one of those RAM iPhone handlebar mounts and I can record the trail I'm taking via GPS while recording video footage of it at the same time, then post the trail I took along with the video in a ride report. All with no extra equipment than my normal cell phone.

Since the angle of the iPhone with the RAM mount is sort of behind the window, it's pretty much the best sound I've heard from an onboard bike camera that didn't have a microphone. It really does take better video than my point and shoot Nikon 10mp video camera does. Must be some sort of image stabilizer in the iPhone or something to work that good.
ninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 31st, 2010, 04:57 PM   #36
littledog
ninjette.org member

Name: Peter

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Special Edition Ninja 250 a good memory, 2011 Suzuki DL 650 the new ride

I have an i pod which I love and a mac book pro at work that gets the job done.

but the i pad? i dont understand how this is even half as useful as a windows netbook.... which costs little more than half as much.
littledog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 31st, 2010, 05:39 PM   #37
bdavison
Wartown, USA

I've used both mac and windows. Each has their uses, and advantages. Mac will simply toast any windows machine in ease of use, video processing, and crash resistance. Windows is by far better for business applications. It all depends on what you do with it. As for those folks that have never used a mac and bash them...shut up. You are like people that don't vote and then whine about who got elected.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old January 31st, 2010, 07:26 PM   #38
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

Exactly bdavison.

My wife bashes Mac, and she has barely used mine. She doesn't realize there is a learning curve to it, nevermind how small it is.

It is ok. This is MINE. MINE!!!! MUWAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

lol

I like my apple gadgets. I will always have a mac from now on. My next laptop will be a mac just as this one is. I like PC desktops because they are easy to build, and a better gaming platform.

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 31st, 2010, 08:13 PM   #39
Flashmonkey
Professional belly dancer

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 1992 GSX-R 750

Ahhh the iPad. Personally...i think this thing sucks, but i definitely see a huge potential in an entirely touch-screen based laptop platform. If anybody is going to perfect this tech, it'll be apple....then someone will come along, copy the technology, slap on a better OS and make it less douchey. THAT's when I'll buy it.
Flashmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 1st, 2010, 02:14 AM   #40
sombo

Some of us have used some of the apple products and done research on the others and just find other products to be superior. I'm not bashing them, just saying they are not as good as their advertising would lead you to believe.